英文邮件中,千万不要用Miss或Mrs.称呼女士!不然,你就吃大亏了

英文邮件中,千万不要用Miss或Mrs.称呼女士!不然,你就吃大亏了_第1张图片

写邮件是英文学习中另一个挑战,即使听说读写都不算差,一旦开始用英文写邮件还是有一丝不确定。


如何表达、如何针对不同的人使用不同风格的语言,都是我们要考虑的问题。


无论你是写信给朋友、同事还是潜在的商业伙伴,你的主要目标是传达你的信息,换句话说,也就是确保收件人理解你的意思


英文邮件中,千万不要用Miss或Mrs.称呼女士!不然,你就吃大亏了_第2张图片


如果你使用不恰当或不正确的语言,不断地在电子邮件中犯错,你不仅不能使别人明白你的意思,更不会给读者留下好的印象。

今天的文章提供了不同类型的语言范例,你可以从中借鉴合适的表达


GREETINGS
问候语


正式:

Dear Sir or Madam,
亲爱的先生或女士,

To whom it may concern: (especially AmE)
敬启者:(特别是美式英语)

Dear Mr/ Ms Jones,
尊敬的琼斯先生/小姐,

Dear Dr Smith,
亲爱的史密斯博士,

注:一般不用收件人的名字(除姓氏之外)。用Miss或Mrs称呼女人是不合适的,因为你不知道她是否结婚了。

非正式:

Hi Dennis,
嗨,丹尼斯,

Hello Claire,
你好,克莱尔,

Dear Mum,
亲爱的妈妈,



REASON FOR WRITING / REPLYING
写信/回复的理由

正式:

I am writing to make a reservation/ to apply for the position of…/ to confirm my booking/ to ask for further information about …
我写信是为了预定/申请……的职位/确认我的预订/询问有关的进一步信息…

I am writing with regard to the sale of …/ to the complaint you made on 29th February
我写的是关于...的销售情况/2月29日你提出的投诉。

Thank you for your e-mail of 29th February regarding the sale of… / concerning the conference in Brussels.
感谢您2月29日关于...销售/关于布鲁塞尔会议的电子邮件。

With reference to our telephone conversation on Friday, I would like to let you know that…
关于我们星期五的电话交谈,我想让你知道…

半正式/非正式:

Just a quick note to invite you to…/ to tell you that…
只是一个简短的便条邀请你/告诉你…

This is to invite you to join us for...
这是邀请你加入我们…

Thanks for your e-mail, it was wonderful/great to hear from you.
谢谢你的电子邮件,收到你的来信真是太好了。

I wanted to let you know that / tell you about / ask you if…
我想让你知道/告诉你/问你是否…



MAKING A REQUEST / ASKING FOR INFORMATION
提出请求/询问信息


正式:

Could you please let me know if you can attend … / if you are available for a meeting on 12th December?
你能告诉我你是否能参加……/你是否有时间参加12月12日的会议?

I would appreciate it if you could please send me a brochure/ if you could please reply within two days.
如果您能寄给我一本小册子/如果您能在两天内答复,我将不胜感激。

Could you possibly arrange a meeting with the Logistics Manager?
你能安排一次和物流经理的会议吗?

I would also like to know if there are any swimming pools in your area.
我还想知道你们那儿是否有游泳池。

Please let me know how much the tickets cost.
请告诉我票价多少钱。

非正式:

I was wondering if you could come and see me sometime next week.
我想知道你下星期什么时候能来看我。

Would you mind coming early to help me clear up the place?
请你早点来帮我打扫这个地方好吗?

Do you think you could call Jerry for me?
你能帮我打电话给杰瑞吗?

Can you call me/ get back to me asap? (as soon as possible)
你能尽快打电话给我吗?(尽快)



OFFERING HELP / GIVING INFORMATION
提供帮助/给出信息


正式:

We are happy to let you know that your article has been selected for publication.
我们很高兴地通知您,您的文章已被选定出版。

I am glad to inform you that we will be holding our annual conference in Brussels on 20 September 2014.
我很高兴地通知您,我们将于2014年9月20日在布鲁塞尔举行我们的年会。

We regret to inform you that the show has been cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
我们遗憾地通知您,由于天气恶劣,演出取消了。

We are willing to arrange another meeting with the CEO.
我们愿意与董事长再安排一次会晤。

We would be glad to send you another statement if necessary.
如有必要,我们将另发一份声明。

Please do let me know if I can be of further assistance.
如果我能得到进一步的帮助,请告诉我。

Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
如果您需要进一步的信息/帮助,请务必与我们联系。

非正式:

I’m sorry, but I can’t make it tomorrow. (= I can’t come tomorrow.)
对不起,我明天去不了。(我明天不能来。)

I’m happy to tell you that John and I are getting married next month.
我很高兴地告诉你,约翰和我下个月就要结婚了。

Would you like me to come early and help you clear up the place?
你想让我早点来帮你打扫这个地方吗?

How about I come and help you out?
我来帮助你走出困境怎么样?

Do you need a hand with moving the furniture?
你需要帮忙搬这些家具吗?



COMPLAINING
投诉

正式:

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with… / to complain about…
我写信是为了表达我对……的不满/抱怨…

I regret to say that I was not completely satisfied with the room you provided us.
很遗憾,我对你们提供的房间不太满意。

We regret to inform you that your payment is considerably overdue.
我们遗憾地通知你,你的付款逾期未付。

I would like to receive a full refund and compensation for the damages.
我希望得到全额退款和损失赔偿。

I am interested to hear how your company can compensate us for the distress we suffered.
我很想听听贵公司如何赔偿我们所遭受的损失。

非正式:

I’m sorry to say that you’re late with the payments.
很抱歉,你付款迟交了。

I hope you won’t mind me saying that the place you’d recommended to us wasn’t as nice as we’d expected.
我希望你不会介意。我说你推荐给我们的地方没有我们想象中的那么好。



APOLOGIZING
道歉

正式:

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
对于由此造成的不便,我们深表歉意。

Please accept our apologies for the delay.
对于延误,请接受我们的歉意。

Please let us know what we can do to compensate you for the damages caused.
请让我们知道,我们能做什么来赔偿你造成的损失。

We will make sure that this will not happen again in the future.
我们将确保今后不会再发生这种情况。

I am afraid I will not be able to attend the conference.
恐怕我不能出席会议了。

非正式:

I’m sorry for the trouble I caused.
我为我造成的麻烦感到抱歉。

I apologize for the delay.
很抱歉耽搁了您的时间。

I promise it won’t happen again
我保证不会再发生这种事了。

I’m sorry, but I can’t make it to the meeting.
对不起,我不能出席会议。



ATTACHING FILES
附加文件

正式:


I am attaching my CV for your consideration.
我随信附上我的简历供您参考。

I am sending you the brochure as an attachment.
我随函附上小册子。

Please see the statement attached.
请参阅所附声明。

Please find attached the file you requested.
请附上您所要求的文件。

I am afraid I cannot open the file you have sent me.
恐怕我打不开你寄给我的文件。

Could you send it again in … format?
您能用…格式再发送一次吗?

非正式:

I’m attaching/sending you the holiday photos.
我把假日照片附在里面/寄给你。

Sorry, but I can’t open it. Can you send it again in … format?
对不起,我打不开。你能用…格式再发一次吗?



ENDING
结束语

正式:

I look forward to hearing from you.
我期待着你的回信。

I look forward to hearing when you are planning to visit our town.
我期待着收到你计划访问我们城镇的回信。

非正式:

Hope to hear from you soon.
希望很快收到你的来信。

I’m looking forward to seeing you.
我盼望见到你。



CLOSING FORMULA
落款

正式:

Yours faithfully, (when you start with Dear Sir/ Madam,)
您忠实的(当你开始于亲爱的先生/女士,)

Yours sincerely, (when you start with the name e.g. Dear Ms Collins)
您真诚的(当你以名字开始,例如亲爱的柯林斯女士)

Sincerely Yours, (AmE)
谨上,(美式)

Sincerely, (AmE)
真诚地,(美式)

Yours Truly, (AmE)
敬上,(美式)

非正式:

Love,
爱你的,

Thanks,
感谢,

Take care,
珍重,

Yours,
你的,

Best regards, (semi-formal, also BR)
祝你好运,(半正式,同样适用于英式英语)

还有一点要记住的是,在正式信函中很少使用缩写,所以记住写全称的“I do not”或“they cannot”,而不是缩写的“I don’t”或“they can’t”等等。


编辑:然少

英文邮件中,千万不要用Miss或Mrs.称呼女士!不然,你就吃大亏了_第3张图片 英文邮件中,千万不要用Miss或Mrs.称呼女士!不然,你就吃大亏了_第4张图片

本周热文

※康熙、雍正批阅的奏折走红网络!大概是收到了垃圾邮件吧哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

※新剧追踪 |《真实的人类》迎来逆转性结局,即将搭建全新科幻框架

※同样表示“确保”,assure、ensure和insure有什么区别?

※身家过亿,英国新外交部长竟是中国女婿!夫妻俩的爱情和小说一样...

※2018年毕业生工资排名榜出炉!哪些高校最受欢迎?哪些专业最好就业?

※射手座的箭,对准的是...怪不得他们是死敌!丨单词故事

你可能感兴趣的:(英文邮件中,千万不要用Miss或Mrs.称呼女士!不然,你就吃大亏了)