在《老友记》第9集里,Monica和Phoebe一起做生意,Chandler和Ross要去参加派对...
01
Text
(加单引号且省略部分字母的地方为连读)
Monica:Remember that guy from cooking school I told you about that put cilantro with everything?
还记得我跟你们说过的那个在厨艺学校时不管做什么都放香菜的人吗?
Phoebe: Oh sure, Cilantro Larry.
哦,记得,香菜拉里。
Monica: Well, I’m gonna fill in for him as food critic for the Chelsea Reporter.
我要去代替他去《切尔西报道》当食评家。
Monica: Wow, Monica! What an amazing opportunity to influence… dozens of people.
哇,莫妮卡!这是个很棒的机会可以影响到...几十号人。
Phoebe: How could you say yes, what about our catering business?
你怎么能答应,我们的承办酒席生意怎么办?
Monica: Oh no-no-no, it’s only one night a week, and plus I get to take all of you out for a lot of free dinners.
不,不,不,一周只有一晚而已,而且我还可以带你们大家去吃免费晚餐。
All: Yay!!
耶!!
Phoebe: Oh, in that case —Yay! That was me hopping on board.
哦,那好吧。耶!我就是跳一下。
Monica: Oh.
哦。
Chandler: Hey, you guys! Hey, Ross, quick question for ya. Are you ready to party?
嘿,大家!嘿,罗斯,快问快答。你准备好去派对了吗?
Ross: I don’t know, I could maybe go out for a couple of beers, but there’s this thing about bumblebees on The Discovery Channel that I was planning to watch.
我不知道,也许我能去喝点啤酒,但我打算看探索频道的“大黄蜂”节目。
Chandler: No-no, I don’t think you heard me. Are you ready to party?!
不,不,我不认为你明白我的意思。你准备好去派对了吗?!
Ross: Nooo!! Gandolf?! Gandolf is coming to town?
不是吧!!甘道夫?!甘道夫要来镇上?
Chandler: Kathy’s with her parents, I have nothing to do, so tomorrow we are partying with Gandolf dude!
凯西和她爸妈一起,我没什么事要做,所以我们明天和甘道夫一起参加派对,小伙子!
Ross: Dude, we are sooo gonna party!
小伙子,我们要去派对!
Phoebe: Wow! Okay, dude alert! And who is this guy?
哇!好吧,小伙子们,这个人是谁?
Ross: Mike "Gandolf" Ganderson, only like the funest guy in the world.
麦克“甘道夫”甘德森,世界上最有趣的家伙。
Chandler: I’m gonna call and get off work tomorrow!
我的打电话明天请假!
Ross: I’m gonna call after you!
等你打完我也要打!
Chandler: This is gonna be soo cool, dude, we never party anymore!
这也太棒了吧,小伙子,我们从来没有参加过这么棒的派对!
Chandler and Ross: Woooo!!!
哇哦!!!
Monica: All right, were you guys smoking something in the back of our van?
好吧,你们俩是不是在我们的货车上吸了什么东西?
Joey: Really. And what do you mean you never have fun anymore? You have fun with me, remember that time we saw those strippers and you paid me 50 bucks to eat that book?
真的。什么是你们从来没有开心过?你们和我一起开心过,记得那次我们去看脱衣舞娘吗?你们付50块我就能吞了那本书。
Ross: Joey, you are gonna love this guy. Gandolf is like the party wizard!
乔伊,你也会喜欢这个人的。甘道夫就像是派对奇才!
Joey: Well, why do you call him Gandolf?
为什么你们叫他甘道夫?
Ross: Gandolf the wizard. Hello! Didn’t you read Lord of the Rings in high school?
巫师甘道夫啊。拜托!你高中没有看过指环王吗?
Joey: No, I had sex in high school.
没有,我高中在“嘿咻”。
02
Analysis
Phrase
fill in:填写,填充,替代
dozens of:几十,许多
get off:动身,免于受罚,从...下来
Key Sentence
How could you say yes, what about our catering business?
你怎么能答应,我们的宴会生意怎么办?
NOTE:
1. “How could you say yes”could比用can的语气更加委婉,减少了质问的语气,多了一种无奈或者客气礼貌。
eg: Could you tell me why you are here?
你能告诉我为什么你会在这儿吗?
可以跟着视频练习文中片段哦~
03
End
Monica能做好食评家吗?她和Phoebe的生意会如何发展?Chandler和Ross在派对上发生了什么事情?
扫下方二维码 ↓ ↓ ↓关注微信公众号,
回复“9”就能获得全集链接哦~
END
May you
live the way
you want