《如果我有一个女儿》 - Sarah Kay (译文)

推荐一个TED视频:《如果我有一个女儿》

这里是演讲视频观看地址

非常喜欢演讲一开始时的那首诗,所以把内容整理出来了,但感觉字幕自带的翻译有多处不妥,所以自己进行了一些修改。但由于水平有限,肯定仍然有不少错漏,欢迎指正。


If I should have a daugher
如果我有一个女儿

《如果我有一个女儿》 - Sarah Kay (译文)_第1张图片
演讲者:Sarah Kay

If I should have a daugher
如果我有一个女儿
instead of "Mom",she's gonna call me "Point B"
她会称我为“ Point B ",而不是“妈妈”
because that way she knows that no matter what happens
因为她知道无论发生什么事
at least she can always find her way to me.
最后她总能找到办法回到我身边

And I'm going to paint solar system on the backs of her hands
我会把太阳系画在她的手背上
so she has to learn the entire universe
这样她会了解整个宇宙
before she can say "Oh,I know that like the back of my hand."
在她能够说 “哦,我了解这事儿就像了解我的手背那样” 之前

And she's going to learn
并且她会懂得
that this life will hit you hard in the face
生活将会向你迎面痛击
wait for you to get back up just so it can kick you in the stomach
等着你重新站起来好再踢你的肚子
But getting the wind knocked out of you
但是让狂风将你袭倒
is the only way to remind your lungs
这是唯一的方式去唤醒你的肺
how much they like the taste of air
使它们记得多么喜爱空气的滋味

There is hurt, here
的确,这伤痛依旧
that cannot be fixed by Band-Aids of poetry.
创可贴或者诗歌也不能修复
So the first time she realizes
所以当她第一次意识到
that Wonder Woman isn't coming
神奇女侠不会出现
I'll make sure she knows
我要让她懂得
she doesn't have to wear the cape all by herself
她并不一定要为自己时刻披上斗篷
because no matter how wide you stretch your fingers
因为无论怎么伸长你的手指
your hands will always be too small
你的双手永远太小
to catch all the pain you want to heal.
以至承担不了所有你想愈合的伤痛
Belive me, I have tried.
相信我,我试过

"And baby", I'll tell her
“还有,宝贝”,我会告诉她
don't keep your nose up in the air like that
不要再那样趾高气扬
I know that trick, I've done it a million times.
我知道这招儿,我都这样做过上万次了

You're just smelling for smoke
要是你嗅到了烟味
so you can follow the trail back to a burning house
你就能循着它来到一处燃烧的房子
so you can find the boy who lost everything in the fire
你就会发现那个在火中失去了一切的男孩
to see if you can save him
去看看你能否救他
or else find the boy who lit the fire in the first place
或者找到那个事发前点火的男孩
to see if you can change him
去看看你能否改变他

But I know she will anyway
我知道她反正会行动
so instead I'll always keep an extra supply
所以我会一直在旁边准备着补给
of chocolate and rain boots nearby
用巧克力和雨靴

Because there is no heartbreak that chocolate can't fix
因为没有任何心碎巧克力无法治愈
Okay, there's a few heartbreaks that chocolate can't fix
好吧,还是有少许心碎巧克力无法治愈
But that's what the rain boots are for
但这就是用到雨靴的时候
because rain will wash away everything, if you let it.
因为雨水会把一切冲洗得一干二净,只要你愿意

I want her to look at the world
我希望她去看这个世界
through the underside of a glass-bottom boat
透过玻璃底的小舟
to look through a microscope
透过显微镜
at the galaxies that exist
去查看那存在的星系
on the pinpoint of a human mind.
凝于人类意识的末梢

Because that's the way my mom taught me
因为这是我妈妈曾经教过我的
"That there'll be days like this, my mom said."
“日子将会是如此,我妈妈说”
When you open your hands to catch
当你展开双手去迎接
and wind up with only blisters and bruises.
得到的却是水泡和瘀伤
When you step out of the phone booth and try to fly
当你走出电话亭,尝试飞翔
and the very people you want to save
却发现那些你渴望救助的人们
are the ones standing on your cape.
正是他们踩在你的披风上
When your boots will fill with rain
当你的雨靴中浸满了雨水
and you'll be up to your knees in disappointment.
你会失望至极

And those are the very days you have all the more reason to say thank you
正是在这些特别的日子里,你有更多的理由去说声谢谢
Because there's nothing more beautiful
因为再没有什么事比这更美好
than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline
当大海从不放弃亲吻海岸线
no matter how many times it's sent away.
无论多少次它不得不离开

You will put the wind in winsome, lose some
你将在风中赢得一些人的心,也失去一些
You will put the star in starting over, and over
你将在星空下周而复始的循环
And no matter how many land mines erupt in a minute
不管有多少地雷在一分钟内爆炸
be sure your mind lands on the beauty of this funny place called life.
要确信你的心灵在这个叫做人生的趣处将安置于美

And yes,on a scale from one to over-trusting
是的,如同一个过度盲信的人
I am pretty damn naive.
我的确太天真了
But I want her to know that this world is made out of sugar
但是我想让她懂得这个世界是由蜜糖构筑
It can crumble so easily
它会轻易崩溃
but don't be afraid to stick your tongue out and taste it.
但是不要畏惧伸出你的舌头品尝它

"Baby" I'll tell her”
宝贝“,我会告诉她
Remember, your mother is a worrier
记住,你的妈妈是一个太过多虑的人
and your pappa is a warrior
而你的爸爸是一个战士
and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes
你是一个有着小巧的双手和大眼睛的女孩
who never stops asking for more
从不停止探知更多
Remember that good things come in threes, and so do bad things
记住好事成三,坏事亦然
And always apologize when you're done something wrong
当你做错事时,常要道歉
but don't you ever apologize for the way your eyes refuse to stop shining.
但永远不要为不能让你的双眼熠熠生辉的事道歉
Your voice is small,but don't ever stop singing.
你的声音微弱,然而永远不要停止歌唱

And when they finally hand you heartache
当他们最终只交给你心痛
When they slip war and hatred under your door
当他们把战争和仇恨丢在你门前
and offer you hand outs on street-corners of cynicism and defeat
并在街角向你兜售犬儒主义和自暴自弃
You tell them
你就告诉他们
that they really ought to meet your mother
他们真该来会会你的母亲


  1. “Point B"
    字幕中译为“B点”,但这样在中文语境中就显得很奇怪,不如不译。事实上“Point B"是小孩子做数学题时假设由A点到达B点的情况,通常情况下B点是作为目的地而存在,所以此处是指无论孩子走向哪里,最终母亲都可以是她的归宿。

  2. “she doesn't have to wear the cape all by herself”
    我认为此句是母亲在向小女孩解释即使如Wonder Woman,也是不可能一个人把所有难题都解决的。所谓“wear the cape”,包括后面说到被踩住斗篷,都是在指Wonder Woman和超人一样变身时披上斗篷的动作。


非常喜欢Sarah Kay这个姑娘,充满了活力和才华,并且一直在以诗歌朗诵的方式鼓励年轻人表达自己,认同自己。
这是她目前正和朋友们在推进的一个项目:http://www.projectvoice.co/
以及她的个人博客:http://www.kaysarahsera.com/

你可能感兴趣的:(《如果我有一个女儿》 - Sarah Kay (译文))