学英语|《老友记》s1e3 part1

场景:咖啡馆

hey, guys.

大家好。

hi, Pheebs.

嘿,菲比。

hey, how'd it go? 

今天怎么样?

not so good. he walked me to the subway and said we should do this again. 

不怎么样。他陪我走到地铁站,跟我说应该再来一遍。

what? he said we should do it again, that's good, right? 

什么?他说再来一遍不是很好么?

no, loosely translated we should do this again you will never see me naked. 

不,他说再来一遍的意思是你将永远无法见到裸体的我。

since when? 

从什么时候开始变成这样的?

since always. it's like dating language. you know it's not you mean it is you. you're such a nice guy means i'm gonna be dating leather wearing alcoholics and complain about them to you. i think we should see other people means haha i already am.  

一直都这样。这是约会用语。这不是你的问题,代表着这就是你的问题。你是个好人,意味着我要去跟穿皮衣的酒鬼约会,然后跟你抱怨他们。我们觉得我们应该试试其他人,意思就是,哈哈,我已经在跟别人约会了。

and everybody knows this? 

大家都知道这个?

yeah, cushions the blow. it's like when you're a kid, and your parents put your dog to sleep and they tell you it went off to live on some farm. 

当然了,放松点。这就像你还是个小孩,你爸妈把你的狗送去安乐死了,然后跟你说把它送去农场了。

that's funny. that, no, because our parents actually did, send our dog off to live on a farm. what? hello? the Millners farm in Connecticut. the Millners, they had this unbelievable farm, and horses and rabbits that he could chase and it was...oh, my God. 

这个好笑,不,因为我爸妈真的干过这事,把我们的狗送去农场。怎么了?Connecticut的Millners 农场,是一个很棒的农场,有马,有兔子。。。哦,上帝。。。


场景:乔伊的话剧排练

so how does it feel knowing you're about to die? 

知道你要死了是什么感觉?

warden, in five minutes my pain will be over. but you'll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an honset man to die. 

狱长,我的痛苦将在五分钟内结束。但是你要知道,你让一个诚实的人送了死。

hey, that was really good. 

这次非常棒。

yeah? thanks. let's keep going on. 

真的?谢谢。继续。

okay, so what you want from me, Damone?

所以你想要我做什么,Damone?

i just wanna go back to my cell. cause in my cell, i can smoke. 

我只想回到我的牢房,因为在我的牢房,我可以抽烟。

smoke away.  i think this is probably why Damone smokes in his cell alone. 

抽去吧。我想这就是Damone要独自在牢房抽烟的原因了。

what? 

什么?

relax your hand, let your wrist go. not so much. alright, now try taking a puff. okay, no, give it to me. 

手放松,手腕自然点,太过了。好了,抽一口。不,你给我。

no, no, no. i'm not giving you a cigarette. 

我不会给你的。

it's fine, it's fine. look, do you wanna get this part, or not? here. all right, now. don't think of it as a cigarette. think of it as the thing that's been missing from your hand. when you're holding it, you feel right. you feel complete. 

好吧。你还想演这个角色么?拿来。不要把它想成烟,要想成你思念已久的东西。当你拿着它,你就感觉很好,很舒服。

you miss it? 

你想它么?

no, not so much. 

不怎么想。

alright, now we smoke. oh, my God. 

好,现在我们抽烟。哦,爽死了。。。

Chandler, give me that. 

Chandler,给我。

nonono, you've got options. you can smoke like this, or hold it in your mouth just like this. 

不不不,这是你的选择。你可以抽烟,也可以这样叼着烟。

give me the cigarette. give me. give me. 

给我烟,给我。

all right, you try. 

好了,你试试

thank you. 

谢谢。

okay, how's this? 

这样怎么样?

okay, that's not bad. 

还不赖。

all right, when you're finished, it's cool if you flick it. you flick it. flick it. that's good. all right, you keep practicing and i'll go put out the sofa. 

好,当你抽完,你弹一下烟灰会很酷。弹一下,弹。好,你继续练习,我要去拯救沙发了。


场景:咖啡馆

i thought it was foot size. 

我觉得它跟脚大小一样。

no, they say it's the same as the distance from the tip of a guy's thumb to the tip of his index finger. 

不,他们说它的长度跟人的拇指尖到食指尖距离一样。

that's ridiculous. 

太荒唐了。

can i use... either thumb? 

我能用另一个拇指么?

i'd rather go with the foot theory. 

我还是倾向于相信脚的理论。

alright, don't tell me, don't tell me. decaf cappucino for Joey, coffee black, late, and an iced tea. i'm getting pretty good at this. 

来了,不要告诉我,不要告诉我。乔伊的低卡卡布奇诺,黑咖啡,拿铁,冰茶。我进步很大吧。

yeah, excellent. 

恩,非常棒。

good for me. 

很擅长哦~


okay? pheeby? 

菲比,你还好么?

yeah, no, i'm just, it's not even worth...it's my bank. 

是我存钱的银行啦。

what did they do to you? 

他们怎么了?

it's nothing. it's just, okay. i'm going through my mail, and i open up their monthly, you know, statement, and there's five hundred extra dollars in my account. 

没事。。好吧。我正在看邮件,我打开他们的每月通知,我的账户多了500美元。

oh, Satan's minions at work again... 

撒旦的恶魔之手开始咯~

yeah, because now i have to go down there, and deal with them. 

所以我得过去处理这件事。

what are you talking about?  keep it. 

你脑子坏掉了啊?留着它啊

it's not mine, i didn't earn it. if i kept it, it would be like stealing. 

这不是我的,不是我挣得钱,留着它就像是偷来的

yeah, but if you spent it, it would be like shopping. 

是的,但是,如果花了它就像是购物

okay, let's say i bought a really great pair of shoes, do you know what i'd hear with every step i took? not mine, not mine, not mine. and even if i was happy, and skipping i'd hear not not mine, not not mine, not not mine. 

这么说吧,我买了一双很棒的鞋子,你知道我每走一步都听见什么?不是我的不是我的不是我的。就算是开心的欢快的,还是会听到不是我的不是不是我的不是我的。

we're with you, we got it. 

我们懂你了。

okay, i'd just i'd never be able to enjoy it. it would be like this giant karmic debt. 

ok, 我只是没办法享受这个,这就像沉重的因果报应。


Chandler, what are you doing?  hey, what are you doing? 

Chandler,你在干嘛?嘿,你在干嘛?

what is this?

这是什么?

i'm smoking. i'm smoking. i'm smoking. 

我在抽烟,我在抽烟,我在抽烟。

i can't believe you, you've been so good, for three years. 

真不敢相信,三年里你都变现很好呐。

and this is my reward. 

这就是我的奖励。

hold on a second, alright? just think about what you went through the last time you quit. forget about you, think about we went through the last time you quit. 

等一下好么。想想你戒烟的后是怎么活过来的?不说你,想想我们经历了什么?

okay, so this time i won't quit. 

所以,我不戒烟了。

put it out. 

灭了,灭了,灭了。

all right, i'm putting it out. i'm putting it out. 

好好好,灭了灭了。

oh, no, i can't drink this now. 

哦,我喝不了了。

alright, i'm gonna go change, i've get a date. 

好了,我要去换衣服了,我有个约会。

so is it Alan again? how's it goin? 

还是Alan么?进展如何?

going pretty good, you know. it's nice, and we're have fun. 

好着呢。他人很好,我们很愉快。

so when do we get to meet the guy?

什么时候给我们见他?

let's see, today's monday, never. 

我想想,今天周一,别想了。

come on. 

哎呀。

no, not after what happened with Steve. 

Steve那次之后就别想了。

what are you talking about? we love Schhteve. Schhteve was schhexy...sorry. 

你再说什么呢,我们喜欢史蒂胡。。。史蒂胡超性感的。抱歉。

look, i don't even know how i feel anout him yet. just give me a chance to figure that out. 

我现在还不知道对他到底什么感觉,给我点时间让我想清楚。

well then, can we meet him? 

所以,我们能见他么?

nope. schhorry. 

不能。不好意湿。

Joey, let it go. 

乔伊,忘了它吧。

你可能感兴趣的:(学英语|《老友记》s1e3 part1)