《How to get rich》003

Once, when some top-of-the-line apartments weren't selling, I upped the prices, way over the competition. They started selling immediately.
有一次,当一些顶级公寓没有在卖试,我提高了价格,超过了竞争对手,他们立即开始卖出去了。

  • top-of-the-line
    顶级的,最昂贵的

I view my work as an art form and approach it with the same intensity and ego as any ambitious artists would.
我认为我的作品是一种艺术形式,与任何雄心勃勃的艺术家做的一样,用相同的全情投入和自信心去实现它。

  • intensity /ɪnˈten.sə.t̬i/
    感情或看法的)强烈;认真;全情投入
    The intensity of their relationship was causing problems.
    他们关系中所牵涉的感情强烈得引发了问题。

We've all noticed the ascendancy of brand names and the power they have, from Levi's to Louis Vuitton. Some people are against this widespread branding, seeing it as another form of labeling. I see it as a viable outlet for creativity.
从Levi' s到 Louis Vuitton, 我们都注意到了品牌名称的优势和他们的力量。有些人反对这种广泛的品牌, 将其视为另一种形式的标签,我认为这是创造力的可行性的施展机会。

  • ascendancy /əˈsen.dən.si/
    权势显赫,处尊居显;优势,支配地位
    They are in danger of losing their political ascendancy (controlling power).
    他们的政治权位岌岌可危。
  • viable /ˈvaɪ.ə.bəl/
    可以实施的;可望成功的
    I am afraid your plan is not commercially/economically/financially/politically viable.
    恐怕你的计划在商业/经济/财政/政治上行不通。
  • outlet /ˈaʊt.let/
    发泄方式,发泄途径,施展的机会
    Her work provided no outlet for her energies and talents.
    她的工作没有给她提供发泄精力及施展才华的机会。

I as a famous brand, can get a project off the ground in no time now, whereas an unknown developer would require many months, if not years, to get something going.
我作为一个知名品牌,现在可以立即开始一个项目,而一个不知名的开发商需要很多个月,甚至几年,才能获得成功。

  • get (sth) off the ground
    (使)开始;(使)成功进行
  • in no time
    很快,马上,立刻
  • get going
    开始走;开始动身

Commerce and art cannot function independently-they must work together. That is the beauty of a successful brand name.
商业和艺术不能独立运作--它们必须一起工作。 这就是成功品牌的美丽。

As we say on The Apprentice: It's not personal.It's business.
正如我们在“学徒”中所说:这和个人无关,这是生意。

Don't be afraid to toot your own horn when you've done something worth tooting about. And don't believe the critics unless they love your work.
当你做了值得去宣扬的事情时,不要害怕吹响号角。除非他们热爱你的工作,否则不要相信评论家。

你可能感兴趣的:(《How to get rich》003)