-We postpone.-They're gonna be livid. |
- 能延期- 他们会很生气的 |
Marty's reasonable, okay?He will explain to them... |
马帝很讲道理他会向他们解释… |
And they're just supposedto understand and accept |
他们就该理所当然接受 |
that I had to get up from the negotiating table |
我得离开协商桌 |
because some 2-bitcounty administrator wants to... |
因为某个二流郡长想… |
I don't want to interrupt you, sir,but this is not just about Oren. |
我不想打断你但这不只是欧伦而已 |
It's about the parents. |
还有父母 |
Now you think about the lawsuit. |
你想想这件诉讼 |
What happens ifyou have to testify? |
要是你必须作证怎么办? |
Subpoenas. Depositions. |
传票加上作证 |
You get dragged into a court battle,there is no Education Bill. |
你扯进这件诉讼教育提案就没有前途了 |
We can't ignore this. |
我们不能忽视这件事 |
I just hate this small ball crap. |
我真的很恨这些小事 |
It's called the what? |
叫做什么? |
-The peach what?-The Peachoid. |
- 桃子什么?- 桃子水塔 |
It's a giant water towerin the shape of a peach. |
是一座桃子形状的大水塔 |
Wow. I just googled it. The Peachoid... |
我刚上网查到了,桃子水塔… |
She was 17, Linda. |
她才17岁,琳达 |
You're right. I'm sorry. |
你说得对,我很抱歉 |
-I need another week.-That's not gonna work. |
- 我需要多一周- 不行 |
The President makes his speech on Tuesday.We've already announced. |
总统将在周二演说我们已经宣布了 |
Speeches can be rescheduled. |
演说可以改期 |
We have to show some progresson Education, Frank. |
教育方面得有进展,法兰 |
The first 100 days is almost over. |
百日就快到了 |
We push back the speech,it'll look like we're spinning our wheels. |
如果把演说延期我们会像在原地打转 |
All right. I'll work something out.Thank you, Linda. |
好吧,我再想办法谢谢你,琳达 |
Frank, these are the heads of the twolargest teachers unions in the country. |
法兰,这是全国两大教育工会的会长 |
I understand. |
我明白 |
They flew here on a weekend. |
周末搭机过来 |
Doug will lead the charge,Congressman Phillips is well versed... |
道格会主持菲利普议员很熟练… |
They flew here to see you, Frank.You're managing this bill. |
法兰,他们是来和你见面你负责这项提案 |
Put this in the other bag.And I'll be in constant communication. |
把这个放到另一个袋子里我会保持连络 |
Anything big comes up,I'm a phone call away. |
有大事,就打电话给我 |
It's a 300-page document.We need you in that room. |
这是三百页的文件我们需要你坐镇 |
I would stay if I could,but this is my home district. |
我也很想留下但这是我的户籍区 |
Now, Marty, cut me a little slack here.We'll get it done. |
马帝,帮个忙吧我们会搞定这件事 |
You and I go way back.Have I ever let you down? |
我们认识这么久了我何时让你失望过? |
-No, you haven't.-And I don't intend to start now. |
- 从来没有- 我不想破例 |
Hello? |
有人吗? |
-Gillian?-Claire. |
- 吉莉安?- 克莱儿 |
So nice to finally meet you. |
真高兴终于见到你了 |
I'm a little under the weather,I don't want to get you sick. |
我有一点不舒服我不想害你生病 |
-Well, if you're feeling ill, we can...-No, no, no. I'm fine. It's just a cold. |
- 如果你不舒服,我们能…- 没关系,只是小感冒 |
-Well, thank you for coming in.-Of course. |
- 谢谢你来- 应该的 |
Shall we talk in my office? |
到我的办公室谈好吗? |
完整版请点击 |
|
-These are really cool photographs.-Thank you. |
- 这些照片很酷- 谢谢 |
Adam Galloway took the pictures.Have you heard of him? |
亚当盖罗威拍摄的你有听过他吗? |
No. |
没有 |
I met him at the Whitney Bienniala couple years ago |
几年前我在惠特尼双年展认识他的 |
and commissioned him to do these.He just had a big show at PS1. |
我请他拍摄这些照片他刚在现代美术馆办完展 |
I'm not up to date on the art world. |
我对艺术不太了解 |
That's all right, we're not hereto talk about photography, are we? |
没关系,反正我们也不是要讨论艺术,对吗? |
My office is over here. |
我办公室在这边 |
-You run into any trouble, you call me.-I got it covered. |
- 有问题就找我- 我能处理 |
-Gene Clancy know I'm coming?-Just spoke to him. |
- 吉克莱西知道我要来吗?- 刚跟他说过 |
Get to it. |
废话少说 |
Your flight is booked. Leaves in 55 minutes.Ed will be joining you. |
班机订好了,55分钟后起飞爱德会陪你去 |
Where's Steve? |
史提夫呢? |
He went home sick about an hour ago, sir. |
他一小时前请病假回家了,议员 |
-I'll be filling in.-What's your name again? |
- 我来代班- 你叫什么名字? |
-Edward what?-Meechum. |
- 爱德华什么?- 米契 |
You drive fast, Meechum? |
米契,你开车快吗? |
-You wanted to talk to me?-Come on in, Zoe. |
- 你找我吗?- 乔伊,进来吧 |
This is Mrs. Tilden, owner of... |
这位是堤登太太,拥有… |
She knows who I am. |
她知道我是谁 |
Mrs. Tilden liked your profileon Catherine Durant. |
堤登太太很喜欢你的凯萨琳杜伦报导 |
No, I didn't. |
我没有 |
I loved it. |
我爱死了 |
In-depth. Uncompromising. |
有深度又不让步 |
Normally I don't read thingsbefore they go to print, |
通常我不在出稿前看文章 |
but Cathy's a friend. |
但是凯西是我的朋友 |
Tell me how you knewshe'd be nominated before she did? |
告诉我你如何事先知道她会被提名? |
-You want my source?-Tom says you won't tell him. |
- 你要我的消息来源?- 汤姆说你不告诉他 |
I haven't told anyone. |
我没告诉过任何人 |
Well, I own the paper. |
我是报社老板 |
And I'm very grateful to be working here. |
我很庆幸能在这里工作 |
So, you're not gonna tell me either? |
你也不愿意告诉我吗? |
Which do you want,my source or my integrity? |
你要什么?我的消息来源还是职业道德? |
Tom, |
汤姆 |
move Zoe's piece to the front pageof Sunday's edition. |
把乔伊的文章移到周日头版 |
Let me think that over. |
让我再想想 |
You think it over as much as you want.Then put it on the front page. |
你好好地想想完后把文章放到头版 |
I've worked really hardto gain a foothold with WorldWell. |
我好不容易才让世安站稳脚步 |
Six years ago it was just me and a MacBook. |
六年前只有我一个人和一台电脑 |
I understand. |
我明白 |
And I had to juggle two temp jobs justto pay the rent. |
我要兼两份差才能付房租 |
It's your baby. You don't want to let it go. |
这是你的宝贝,你不想放手 |
Well, I just... |
我只是… |
And you wouldn't have to, Gillian. |
你不用放手,吉莉安 |
All I want is for you to growwhat you've already built. |
我只要你继续经营你建立起来的事业 |
I heard you fired halfyour staff. |
听说你解雇了一半的员工 |
Yes, I did. |
对 |
That worries me. |
这让我很担心 |
I let them go to make room for you. |
我开除他们是要腾出空位给你 |
I'm just not sure we're the right match. |
我不确定我们适不适合 |
To be honest, I'm a little uncomfortableworking with someone |
老实说,我有点不太习惯 |
who's commissioning famous photographers |
跟请知名摄影师的人合作 |
when I can't even buy my volunteersbus fare to the office. |
因为我连帮义工买公车票到办公室的钱都没有 |
Do you know who Nikki Hemler is? |
知道妮奇韩慕乐是谁吗? |
No. |
不知道 |
Nikki owns one of the biggest galleriesin Chelsea. |
妮奇拥有却尔西最大的一间艺廊 |