学英语笔记79:晋升的诀窍

A Chief Executive officer is not necessarily someone who has had a lot of formal training 

首席执行官并不一定受到过多么专业的训练。

So I doubt more schooling would help you climb up that ladder of success.

所以,我有理由怀疑接受正规的学校教育会是助你成功上升的阶梯.

May be you should try and change your work habits or character.

或许,你更应该改变工作的方法和习性。

You cannot just sit around in an organization waiting for people to promote you .

你不应该仅仅坐在办公位上,等待别人来晋升你。

You hav eto let people know you are ambitious and waiting for bigger and more rewarding challenges.

你更应该让人们知道你的雄心壮志并随时去迎接更大更有价值的挑战。

You should tell your supervisor or boss that you wnat to be promote and rise up that management ladder.

你应该让你的导师或是老板知道:你有晋升的需求和获取攀登阶梯的助力的渴望。

A good manager will accept ,even respect the fact that you wish  for career development .

一个好的管理者会接受甚至尊重你的职业发展的愿望。

If this is not the case ,you should find a new job or new company that will allow you to grow.

如果不是这样的,你应该想办法去寻求让你更好成长的新的工作或公司。

You must start out small

(为达到你的目标),你必须从现在开始,从小处入手,逐步积累。

Hopping that one day you will suddenly become director of company is doubtful

不要幻想一夜之间成为公司高管.

Getting ready for a slow ascent(上坡路) is more likely .

做小步快跑的心理准备和行动更为现实。

Accept it ,and commit yourself  realizing that It may be a long climb.

接受现实,全力以赴,认识到这是一条长攀不懈的路。

You will need some skills to propel you up that ladder of success.

你需要一些技能去助力你的成功登梯之路。

You must be competent .that is you need to develop skills in many areas ,such as marketing 

,human resources,public relations and finances.

你必须有能力去胜任它,为此,你需要发展各方面的能力,比如营销、人力管理、公共关系甚至金融领域。

You must also be a good people person,always cultivating relationships with the people around you 

你还必须是一个随和的人,去努力与你身边的人培养良好的人际关系 。

Having "guanxi"(关系)is a necessary characteristic of any successful CEO 。

要知道 ,营造融洽的人与人之间的“关系”是一名CEO必备的品质。




英文资料摘自:《每日英语听力》APP -经典英语美文背诵100篇

你可能感兴趣的:(学英语笔记79:晋升的诀窍)