加罗律师第1季第3集中英台词整理和单词统计
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
-You robbed this gentleman. -How long have you been a thief-taker? | -你抢劫了这位先生.-你做赏金捕快多久了? |
Well, clearly some time longer than you've been a counsellor. | 呃,至少比你干法律时间长. |
The sentence is death. | 判处死刑. |
No, no! | 不,不! |
You're not so mistaken about your errand here. | 你在这里的位置是不能犯这种错误的. |
Blast your eyes, you damned bitch. | 去你的,死三八. |
Mr Garrow! | Garrow先生! |
My client has been wrongly indicted and that any sentence be respited. | 我的当事人是被诬告的,还被判什么缓刑. |
Mr Garrow saved an innocent man's life. | Garrow先生拯救了一条无辜的生命. |
Famous for quality, infamous for price. | 因质量闻名于世,因价格声名狼藉。 |
Of course I've heard of Van Butchell. | 当然,我听说过Van Butchell. |
-Five guineas each.-Each? | -每个五几尼.-每个? |
I'd gladly pay ten. 20, even. | 我很乐意付十几尼,二十几尼也行啊. |
完整版请点击 | |
I had brisket last night. | 我昨晚吃的胸肉. |
Brisket? | 胸肉? |
I see the rouged fury of righteousness upon Garrow's apple cheeks... again. | 啊...我看到复仇女神正义的红晕又出现在Garrow苹果似的脸颊上了. |
This brief... After incisive moral dissection he finds no opportunity for foppish speechifying | -这个案子... -经过深刻的道德剖析,他发现没机会进行矫揉造作的演说 |
or whore-ish manipulation of the jury's emotions | 或象个妓女似的操纵陪审团的感情啦. |
and must regretfully decline it. | 于是一定要很令人遗憾地推掉它了。 |
加罗律师高频词统计
加罗律师高频词
-This does not concern you, sir. -Oh, but it does. I'm prosecuting. | -这不关你的事,先生。 -噢,偏巧还真与我有关,我担任控方律师。 |
I know it's not a case to relish, it's vile in many aspects, but you either believe | 我知道这个案子不对味儿,在很多方面是令人厌恶的,但你也认为 |
all who come to law deserve strong legal counsel or you don't. | 在法律面前任何人都应得到合法有力的辩护,难道不是么. |
It's the cab rank principle. You take the first to arrive, regardless of how rickety the carriage may be. | 这是赶车的规矩.你送达了第一个乘客,就不管车厢可能会多么的不牢靠了. |
Watch out for the potholes while riding that one. | 骑马要看路,当心掉坑里. |
Southouse. | |
-Your "friend" is for the prosecution. -Yes. | -你"朋友"是这件案子的控方.-是的. |
I maintain good relations with all. | 我得和各方保持一个良好的关系. |
-I will take the brief.-Why? | -那我接这个案子了.-为什么? |
Because you agree with the principle out lined or because Mr Silvester chafes at you? | 是因为你同意了这条内在原则还是Silvester先生激怒了你? |
I will take the brief. | 这案子我接了。 |
A gentleman cannot elect to be beheaded? | 一个绅士不能选择被砍头吗? |
No, sir. That privilege ended 20 years ago. | 是的,先生.那项特权二十年前就终止了. |
And it was for the aristocracy. | 而且也只是对贵族. |
You are not lordly enough to have been given the choice. | 你还不够资格进行选择. |
All that kicking around on a rope... | 推出去绞刑... |
-lacks dignity. -Mr Cole, you've hired me to avoid the drop. | -太没尊严了. -Cole先生,你雇我就是为了避免这一结果的. |
-Pray, tell me what happened. -She is an itchy, pock-ridden TROLLOP! | -好吧,告诉我发生了什么. -她是个生疮,浑身长麻子的婊子! |
The harpy minces all truth! | 女妖粉碎了一切真相! |
Of course, sir.Of course. Clearly you're a man of honour. | 当然,先生,当然.很明显你是个诚实的人 |
That is apparent to all. | 大家有目共睹. |
But for the benefit of a humble barrister such as myself, | 但是蒙你恩典对一个象我这样谦卑的小律师, |
tell me, when this trollop is in court, | 告诉我,当那个荡妇站在法庭的时候, |
what think you she will say you have done? | 你觉得她对你的行为会说些什么? |
Lady Sarah. | Sarah女士 |
Judge Buller. | Buller法官 |
I'm hoping you gracious ladies find much to divert you by this morning's cases. | 我希望象你们这些优雅的女士们对今天早上的这个案子能回避一下. |
An exceptional spread of... | 一个特殊范围的... |
Vice, depravity and stupidity? | 不道德的,堕落腐化和愚蠢的行为? |
And evil... We shall see the devil's hand, I'm sure of that. | 而且邪恶... 我们会看到魔鬼的手,我肯定是那样. |
There's vigour in your voice, Judge Buller, once could think we were about to enter the theatre. | 您的声音里有种力度,Buller法官,一度让我们想到我们即将进入的是剧院. |
Court and the theatre contain the extremes of man's behaviour. | 法庭和剧院是包含了男人过激行为的两个地方. |
There is interest in that, would you not agree? | 那正是趣味所在,你不这样认为吗? |
Or do you come to court so regularly only for improving purposes? | 或者你如此经常地来法庭只是为了改革的目的? |
I come to see justice for Mary Tollin. | 我来看Mary Tollin的审判. |
Ah yes...the servant. | 噢,对...那个仆人. |
A courageous prosecution. | 一个很有勇气的起诉 |
Very brave. | 非常勇敢 |
Mr Southouse. | Southouse先生. |
-Armed for court?-Hm-mm. | -上庭战斗?-嗯. |
加罗律师台词本中英对照
加罗律师台词本单词标注
Mr Garrow. | Garrow先生. |
Mr Forrester. Sill filling your pockets with blood money? | Forrester先生.还在往你口袋里装带血的钱? |
He's prosecuting a burglary. | 他是来揭发一起入户盗窃的. |
They must be his witnesses. | 他们一定又是他的证人. |
Only two, no more? | 只有两个,没有更多了? |
Is that sufficient to win the case? | 那就够他赢官司了吗? |
Probably... Just. | 也许...刚好. |
Fewer rogues to bribe, more blood money for him. | 流氓们越不贿赂他,他就会挣越多带血的钱. |
Even amongst thief-takers, Forrester is notoriously greedy. | 在做赏金捕快的那群人里,Forrester是出了名的贪婪. |
I'd love to take him on again. | 我会很乐意再次接到他的案子. |
Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗? |
Is there something different about your person? | 你好象哪儿有点不对劲? |
Court shall rise. | 开庭. |
-Mr Silvester...-Mr Garrow. | -Silvester先生...-Garrow先生. |
Edgar Cole was indicted for that he, on 13th August last, | Edgar Cole被控如下:他于最近的八月十三日, |
with force and arms upon Mary Tollin, spinster, did | 以强制胁迫的方式对未婚女子Mary Tollin, |
make an assault, and her, the said Mary against her will, | 进行了强暴,违反了她即上述Mary者的意愿, |
feloniously did ravish and carnally know. | 犯下了强奸淫乐的重罪. |
How do you plead? | 你做何申辩? |
Not guilty. | 无罪. |
I call Mary Tollin. | 我传召Mary Tollin到庭 |
Do you swear that you shall present the truth, | 你愿发誓你将说出真相 |
the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 全部真相,绝无谎言,以鉴良心吗? |
I do. | 我愿意. |
I came out of Ealing Workhouse and went to Cranford Bridge as a servant. | 我离开Ealing习艺所去Cranford桥做佣人. |
Who for? | 给谁家? |
Edgar Cole | Edgar Cole. |
How long were you there? | 你在那儿多长时间? |
A week and three days. | 一周零三天. |
I went there on the Friday night. | 我是星期五晚上到那里的. |
The next Thursday, Cole began to serve me | 第二周的星期四,Cole开始和我在一起 |
and I ran away on the Sunday. | 我则是在星期天逃离的. |
What happened on that Thursday? | 在那个星期四发生了什么? |
I was stood by the door. | 我站在门边 |
I believe it was between 11 and 12 in the daytime | 我相信当时大概是在白天的十一点到十二点之间 |
and Edgar Cole... | 然后Edgar Cole |
took and dragged me upstairs. | 把我拖到楼上. |
He threw me down on the bed... | 他把我扔在床上 |
and he entered my body... | 然后侵犯了我的身体 |
..and he hurt me very much indeed. | ...他严重地伤害了我. |
I tried to halloo out,but he clapped his hands before my mouth. | 我想高声喊叫但是他用手捂着我的嘴. |
He told me if I made any disturbance he would cut my throat. | 他说我要是敢弄出一点乱子他就割断我的喉咙. |
After he had done, | 他干完之后, |
he said he wanted tea and sugar. | 说他想要加糖的茶. |
Was this done against your inclination? | 他所做的是违背你意愿的? |
完整版请点击 | |
Yes, it was against my will. | 是的,它违背了我的意愿. |
My lord... | 法官大人... |
Mr Garrow? | Garrow先生? |
Do you have any questions for the witness? | 你有问题要盘问证人吗? |
My little girl, | 小姑娘, |
has it ever happened to you to be ravished by any man other than Mr Cole? | 在Cole先生之前你被别的男人强奸过吗? |
No, sir. I never was laid with by anybody but him. | 没有,先生.我从来没跟任何男人发生过关系除了他. |
You have the foul disease? | 你有隐疾? |
-Yes. And who did you get it from? | -是的. 你从哪儿染上的? |
Cole | Cole. |
Is there nobody else who could have given it to you?, | 能传染给你的再没有其他人了吗? |
No, sir. | 没有,先生. |
Cole lay with you on the Thursday, yet it was not until the Sunday that you ran away. | Cole在星期四与你上了床,然而直到星期天你才逃出来. |
Why so long? | 为什么这么长时间? |
On the Saturday night, another servant, a lousy boy, was put to bed with me. | 在星期六晚上,另一个仆人,一个讨厌的家伙提出要跟我上床. |
He was sent away by Mr Cole in a drunken argument on Sunday. | 他在星期天因为醉酒吵架被Cole先生撵走了. |
I took my chance to get away then. | 我才找了个机会逃出来. |
And what was this boy's name? | 这个男孩的名字叫什么? |
-William.-William? | |
William Johnson is his name. | William Johnson 是他的名字. |
Now, recollect yourself, | 现在,你回忆一下, |
and remember that there is no one in this court room who can hurt or harm you for telling the truth. | 记住,在这个法庭里的人没谁敢因为你说真话而再伤害你了. |
Upon your oath, | 按你起誓的说. |
how often did you lay with William Johnson? | 你跟William Johnson发生过几次关系? |
Sir, I did not know the servant boy at all. | 先生,我对这个男仆完全不了解. |
You never lay with him once, twice, thrice? | 你从没跟他发生过一次,两次,三次关系? |
No, sir. | 不是,先生. |
-Never played with him nor toyed with him? -No. | -从来没跟他打闹也没调过情?-不是. |
When was he sent away? | 他什么时候离开的? |
Sunday... night. | 星期天...晚上. |
And what for? | 什么原因? |
Drinking the gin. | 喝了杜松子酒. |
Drinking the gin... | 喝了杜松子酒... |
Did you drink the gin, too? | 你也喝了吗? |
-But a glass.-A glass. | -只有一杯.- 一杯 |
-When was that?-Saturday. | -那是在什么时候? -星期六. |
You drank the gin on the Saturday, | 你在星期六喝了杜松子酒, |
the night that you were forced | 那天晚上你被迫 |
to go to bed with William Johnson. | 与William Johnson上了床. |
Yes. | 是的. |
And did he lie with you the whole night? | 他和你睡了整晚吗? |
No, sir. | 没有,先生. |
Not to my recollection. | 不要唤起我的回忆了. |
Not to your recollection? | 不要唤起你的回忆? |
And did you catch lice from the lousy boy? | 那么你从这个讨厌的家伙身上染上了虱子? |
Yes, sir. | 是的,先生. |
Did you catch anything else from him? | 你从他身上没染上别的什么东西吗? |
No, sir. | 没有,先生. |
How can you tell? | 你怎么能肯定? |
He was my friend. We... | 他是我的朋友.我们... |
You what? Pray continue. | 你们什么?请继续. |
I told him what Cole had done. | 我告诉他Cole干的事. |
He offered comfort. | 他安慰了我. |
Now, you see my first question was whether or not you had been ravished by any man other than Mr Cole. | 现在,我们回到当初的问题你是否在Cole先生之前被其他男人强奸过. |
Not before then. | 之前没有. |
But after? | 但是之后呢? |
After? | 之后? |
You have reached a verdict? | 你们有结果了吗? |
-Not guilty.-Prisoner is discharged. | -无罪.-撤销指控 |
Mr Garrow? | Garrow先生? |
I owe you an extra guinea. | 我欠了你一个额外的钱. |
Thought I was for the rope this time. | 这次我以为得上绞架呢. |
When you are next of a mind to ravish a servant, | 下次你要再想强奸女仆, |
spend the guinea on a harlot. | 把这个几尼花到妓女身上去吧. |
Next prisoner. | 下一个. |
Drummond Clark is indicted... | Drummond Clark被指控... |
She met her match today. Your name will surely ring throughout the land. | 她今天碰上克星了.你的名字会响彻这块地方的. |
Yes, of course, | 是的,当然. |
we shall have to see. | 我们应该去看看. |
There was doubt. There was ample doubt. | 有疑点.有大量疑点. |
You think him not guilty, truly. | 你真的认为他无罪. |
That is not my concern. | 那不是我应该关心的 |
Those brought before the law deserve counsel. I protected her as best I could. | 在法律面前谁都该享受公平辩护. 我尽了最大力量保护她. |
"My little girl." | "我的小姑娘" |
Settle her nerves then brand her a strumpet and a drunk. | 安慰她然后再给她贴上妓女和酒鬼的标签. |
The rape was not even examined. Where is her justice? | 而强奸的事甚至都不调查.她的公平在哪里? |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区查看关键字