Are you scared change?
你害怕改变吗?
Ever tried, Ever failed.
屡战屡败。
No matter, try again, fail again, fail better.
屡败屡战。纵然失败,更加出彩。
I had so many dream, of where I wanted to go, who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do.
我有太多梦想,想游历何方,想成为何人,想做什么。
You have your own story to tell.
你有自己的故事要讲述。
Feeder companies, I wanted to start with classmates.
我想与同学合开的剧团。
Movies I wanted to be in, directors I wanted to work with, stories I needed to tell.
想参演的电影,想合作的导演,想表达的故事。
I packed the life that I knew, with socks and toothbrush into my backpack.
我把过去熟悉的生活与袜子牙刷一起,打包进了我的行囊。
And I slept on couch, after couch, after couch, after couch, at friend's apartment in New York.
在纽约,我睡了一张沙发又一张沙发,或者住在朋友的公寓里。
Until I wore out the rent paying roommates' welcome.
直到我透支了那些需要付房租的室友的好意。
I didn't want a day job. I was an actor. I was a writer. I had to get a day job.
我不想做全职工作。我是一名演员,我是一个作家。但我不得找一份全职工作。
I dusted pianos at a piano store on Whitelow Street for five months.
我在惠特沃街的一家钢琴店给钢琴掸了五个月的灰。
I worked on the property of a shakespearean scholar for a year, plane weeds and removing bee's nests.
我在一名莎士比亚学者家里工作了一年,给他除草、除蜂窝。
I went on unemployment once, but for not for long, I coudn't handle the guilt.
也曾尝试过不工作,但持续不了多久,内心愧疚让我重拾工作。
Eventually I was able to pay rent for a spot on the floor of an apartment on the lower east side.
终于,我能够支付在下东区的一个公寓底层的租金。
But my roommate had to break down and disappeared.
我的室友精神崩溃,消失了。
I helped hanging paintings at galleries, paintings that inspire inspire you to think I could do that.
我曾在画廊帮忙挂画,那些激励你想"我也能成事"的那种画。
And then finally, after two years job and couch surfing, I got a job. In application process.
后来终于,经历两年换工作和换沙发,我找到了一个工作,处理应用程序
As a data enterer at a place called professional examination services.
作为一个数据输入员,在一个称为专业考试服务的地方。
And I stayed for six years, six years.
我在那里干了六年。六年!
From the age of 23 to 29, well they loved me there, I was funny. I smoked in the loading docks with the guys from the mailroom, and we shared how hungover we all were.
从23岁直到29岁,他们很喜欢我,我很搞笑。在装卸区,我和收发室的同事抽烟,分享我们都曾如何宿醉的经历。
I Called in sick almost every Friday because I was that late the night before, I hated that job and I clung to that job. Because of that job I could afford my own place.
我几乎每个星期五都打电话请病假,因为前一天晚上混到很晚,我讨厌那份工作,但又不得不做,它让我得以支付房租。
My dream of running a theater company with my friend and fellow, Bennington Graduate Ian Bell had died.
我和我的朋友,一起从本宁顿毕业的同学,伊恩贝尔一同运营一家剧团的梦想破灭了。
I had only the one window.
我只有一个窗户。
I myself could not look out the window. It was it was quite high. No acting ager.
我自己看不到窗外。它挺高的。我也没有经纪人。
When I was 29, I told myself the next acting job I get. No matter what it pays, I will from now on for better or worse, be a working actor.
当我29岁时我告诉自己,无论下份工作薪水如何,我将从现在起,做一个职业演员
But something good happened, I got a low-paying theater job in a play called imperfect love, which led to a film called 13 moons with the same writer, which led to other roles which led to other roles, and I've worked as an actor ever since.
但是好事发生了,我在一个叫《不完美的爱》的句中得到了一个微不足道的小角色,这让我获得了同一个编剧所编电影《13个月亮》的演出机会,因此也获得了一个又一个的角色,从此展开演员生涯。
I didn't know that would happen.
但当时我不知道会发生什么。
At 29 walking away from Data processing, I was terrified.
29岁,离开了数据处理,我很害怕。
Ten years in a place without heat, six years of a job I felt stuck in, maybe I was afraid of change. Are you?
十年住在一个没有暖气的地方,六年被困在一个工作里,或许我恐惧改变。你呢?
But this made me very hungry, literally.
但这让我吃不饱,真的吃不饱。
I couldn't be lazy.
我不能偷懒。
I couldn't be.
我不能。
And so at 29 in a very long last, I was in the company of the actors, writers and directors, I'd shought out that first year, that first day after school.
所以29岁时,很长一段时间,在演员、编剧和导演的陪伴下,我开始了第一年的生活,毕业后第一天真正的人生。
I was. I am by their sides. Raise the rest of your life to meet you.
我曾经,我现在依旧在他们身旁。押上你的余生,去寻找真正的自己。
Don't search for defining moments because they will never come.
不要去寻找决定性时刻,因为它们永远不会到来。
The moment that define you have already happened, and they will already happen again.
决定你的时刻已经发生,也会再次发生。
And it passes so quickly, so please bring each other along with you.
稍纵即逝。所以请与友同行。
You just get a bit derailed.
你只是有点迷失。
But soon something starts to happen. Trust me. A rhythm sets in.
但很快就会出现契机。相信我,你会找到轨道。
Just try not to wait until like me, you're 29 before you find it.
不要像我一样,等到29岁找到它。
And if you are, that's fine too, Some of us never find it.
如果你真等到那时候,也行,有些人一辈子都没有找到它。
But you will, I promise you, you are already here.
但你会找到的,我保证。你已经在这里了。
You'll find your rhythm, or continue the one you have already found.
你会找到你的轨道,或者在你已经找到的道路上继续前进。
Don't wait until they tell you you are ready. Get in there,sing.
不要等到他们告诉你,你准备好了。自己上场,歌唱。
The world might say you are not allowed to yet.
世界可能会告诉你你不行。
I waited a long time out the world before I gave myself permission to fail.
在认输之前,我等了这个世界很久。
Please don't even bother asking.
恳请各位,甚至不用特地去问。
Don't bother telling the world you are ready. Show it. Do it.
不用特地告诉世界你准备好了。展现自己,证明自己!
What it Beckett say?
贝克特说了什么?
Ever tried, ever failed.
屡战屡败。
No matter try again.
屡败屡战。
Fail again, fail better.
纵然失败,更加出彩。
We burn very brightly. Please don't ever stop .
我们燃烧得如此耀眼,请不要停止。
The World is yours.
世界是你的。
Treat everyone Kindly and light up the night.
善待每个人,然后照亮夜晚。
Maybe I was afraid of change, are you?
也许我是害怕改变,你呢?