Please Call Me by My True Names请以种种真实之名呼唤我

Please Call Me by My True Names

请以种种真实之名呼唤我

Thich Nhat Hanh

一行禅师

Don't say that I will depart tomorrow --

别说明日我将离去,

even today I am still arriving.

因为今天我依旧前来。

Look deeply: every second I am arriving

请深入观察我:我分分秒秒都前来,

to be a bud on a Spring branch,

作春天枝头上的一朵蓓蕾,

to be a tiny bird, with still-fragile wings,

作一只羽翼未丰的雏鸟,

learning to sing in my new nest,

在新巢中学习引吭高唱,

to be a caterpillar in the heart of a flower,

作花蕊中的一条毛毛虫,

to be a jewel hiding itself in a stone.

作埋身岩壁的一颗宝石。

I still arrive, in order to laugh and to cry,

我依旧前来,为了要欢笑,为了要哭泣,

to fear and to hope.

为了要害怕,为了要期望。

The rhythm of my heart is the birth and death

of all that is alive.

我心脏的律动

就是一切众生的生与死。

I am the mayfly metamorphosing

on the surface of the river.

我是河面上蜕变的蜉蝣,

And I am the bird

that swoops down to swallow the mayfly.

我也是在大地春回及时前来掠食蜉蝣的鸟。

I am the frog swimming happily

in the clear water of a pond.

我是悠游于清澈池塘的青蛙,

And I am the grass-snake

that silently feeds itself on the frog.

我也是悄悄前近吞食青蛙的草蛇。

I am the child in Uganda,

我是乌干达的小孩,

all skin and bones,my legs as thin as bamboo sticks.

全身只剩皮包骨,双腿细如竹竿

And I am the arms merchant,

我也是军火贩子,

selling deadly weapons to Uganda.

出售致命武器给乌干达。

I am the twelve-year-old girl,

refugee on a small boat,

我是小船上那名十二岁的难民少女,

who throws herself into the ocean

after being raped by a sea pirate.

被一个海盗强暴后,跳海自尽;

And I am the pirate,

我也是那个海盗,

my heart not yet capable

of seeing and loving.

我的心还被蒙蔽,无法爱人。

I am a member of the politburo,

with plenty of power in my hands.

我是最高决策当局的一员,大权在握;

And I am the man who has to pay

his 'debt of blood' to my people

我也是必须偿还人民「血债」的人,

dying slowly in a forced-labor camp.

在劳改营里缓慢地死去。

My joy is like Spring, so warm

我的喜悦像春天- 如此温暖,

it makes flowers bloom all over the Earth.

让世间百花盛开;

My pain is like a river of tears,

我的痛苦如泪河-

so vast it fills the four oceans.

如此泛滥,让四海满溢。

Please call me by my true names,

请以种种真实之名呼唤我,

so I can hear all my cries and my laughter at once,

我才能同时听见我所有的哭泣与欢笑,

so I can see that my joy and pain are one.

我才能看到我的喜悦与痛苦是一体。

Please call me by my true names,

请以种种真实之名呼唤我,

so I can wake up,

我才能觉醒,

and so the door of my heart

can be left open,

也才能让我的心门敞开,

the door of compassion.

那正是慈悲之门。

你可能感兴趣的:(Please Call Me by My True Names请以种种真实之名呼唤我)