今天是第二期看美剧学英语。
英语爱好者小正出品~
1.Well,be their buddy. 很简单,做他们的好朋友。
Buddy 朋友,同伴(通常指男子的男性伙伴)
A buddy is a close friend, usually a male friend of a man.
如asshole buddy的意思是 知!心!朋!友! (不是那个那个啥...)
Phil discussed his asshole buddy Luker. 菲尔谈起了他的要好朋友戴维·洛克菲勒。
女性可能用bestie 多一点
bestie 闺蜜; 〈俚〉最好的朋友(多用于女性)
a best friend, originally british slang, its just awesome my bestie just gave me a cookie!
最好的朋友,源于英国英语俚语
Your favorite person in the world. Kind of like your best friend, except better.
你这个世界上最喜欢的人
2.Desiree just moved in down the block. 德希蕾刚搬过来.
moved in 迁入;搬来
When you move in somewhere, you begin to live there as your home.
Her husband had moved in with a younger woman...
她丈夫和一个比她年轻的女人同居了。
3.Thanks.I'm just there till my divorce is final.我就在那儿待到我离完婚
No,who is coconuts enough to divorce you?哪来的傻子竟然会跟你离婚
coconuts(俚.脑袋)
4.We'll have to have you over sometime. 有时间请你过来玩
have sb over (使某人)听从摆布,处于被动地位
(to put/have sb) in a situation in which they must accept or do what you want
在这里理解为邀请某人过来的意思
5.I'm all for teaching him a lesson,but I worry about the ridicule he might get from some loudmouth bully.
我很赞同给他教训,但我很害怕他会被老嘴巴们嘲笑
all for 完全赞成
loudmouth 说话大声大气的人;喋喋不休的人
person who is annoying because they talk too loudly or too much in an offensive or stupid way
bully 恃强凌弱者;恶霸
A bully is someone who uses their strength or power to hurt or frighten other people.
6.Sometimes a man's gotta put his foot down .有时候做男人就应该一往无前
put his foot down 下定决心,一往无前
7.We're gonna be judged enough as the only gay parents there. 作为唯一一对同性恋夫妇,我们已经赚够口水了。(作为唯一一对基佬父母 别人已经带有色眼镜看我们了)
8.You mean you want to fit in and not terrify the villagers?你是既想融入大家又不吓到他们吗?
fit in (与…)合得来;适应
to live, work, etc. in an easy and natural way with sb/sth
Your ideas fit in with mine. 你的想法和我的一致.
9.And everybody will think we’re a couple straight golfing buddies...这样每个人就会认为我们是高球伙伴
a couple straight golfing buddies 高尔夫球直友
10. This morning,I thought I'd go over to the club,hit a few balls.早上嘛,我想去俱乐部打会球。
go over 仔细检查;认真讨论;用心思考
If you go over a document, incident, or problem, you examine, discuss, or think about it very carefully.
I won't know how successful it is until an accountant has gone over the books.
要等到会计核查完账簿,我才会知道盈利状况如何。
11. In my culture,men take great pride in doing physicalabor. 在我的家乡,男人都以干体力活为荣。
I know.That's why I hire people from your culture. 我知道,所以我才雇你们那儿的人给我干活。
不行! 你应该和他一起修 No! You're supposed to do it with him.
be supposed to 应该,被期望;
They are supposed to be here at about half four.
他们应该在4点半左右到达这里。
12. That's when my dad's picking me up. 我爸爸3点来接我。
pick sb up 接送,载某人一程
Will you pick me up at my place?你能到我的住处来接我吗?
13.别让我们失望啊 Don't make us look like jerks here.
jerks 蠢人;傻瓜;笨蛋
a stupid person who often says or does the wrong thing
14.If you have two stubborn burros that don't like each other.You tie them to the same cart.
要是你有俩互相讨厌的顽驴,让它们去拉同一辆马车。
15.Yes,I know... tamp down my natural gifts 我知道... 要压抑我的天赋
tamp down平息,镇压,向下压紧
Then I tamp down the soil with the back of a rake.
然后我用耙子的背将土壤拍实。
16.-跳舞时不准拍屁屁 No slapping your own butt.
-但不拍 我怎么能跳起来 But that's how I make my horsey go.
17.上帝关了一扇门的同时 开了一扇窗 Every time god closes a door,he opens a window.
18.就是给呃..干燥 粗糙皮肤用的那种 For...Dry skin and,you know,calloused hands.
(手脚)起老茧的,有茧子的 A foot or hand that is calloused is covered in calluses.
...blunt, calloused fingers.
长满茧子的粗手指
19.它就被偷了 And someone swiped it from me.
swipe 偷窃
If you swipe something, you steal it quickly.
Everywhere I went, people kept trying to swipe my copy of The New York Times.
无论我走到哪儿,总有人想要顺走我的那份《纽约时报》。
20.这一辆能打打折吗?Any chance I could get a break on this one?
get a break 时来运转,这里的意思为打折
It would be good for you to get a break , they said.
他们说, 换换环境对我有好处.
21.Why are you trying to sneak around and hide things from me? 你干嘛要在我面前藏藏掩掩的?
sneak around 鬼鬼祟祟
I had to sneak around and hide my smoking from my parents.
为了抽烟我必须鬼鬼祟祟地躲开我的父母.
22.我光想想就激动 I get emotional thinking about it.
think about 考虑到;关心;替…着想
to consider sb/sth when you are doing or planning sth
Don't you ever think about other people?
难道你就从来没有考虑过别人?
23.I would have killed with this crowd, but you had to clip my wings。
我本可以在这里大放光彩的,是你剪断了我翱翔的“基翅”
kill with 用 ... 杀死; 消灭
The deceased were both killed with the same knife.
两个死者是被同一把刀刺死的。
clip剪 wing翅膀
clip my wings抑制我
Okay, the key to being a good dad? Sometimes things work out just the way you want. Sometimes they don't. You gotta hang in there. Because when all is said and done,90% of being a dad is just showin'up.
那么,成为好父亲的秘诀是什么,有时候事情会如你所愿,有时候则事与愿违,但你要坚持,因为当一切尘埃落地,一个好父亲的大部分特征就会自然出现。
以上就是这次分享啦
有什么想要说的评论区见!
欢迎大家批评指正~
感谢阅读ヾ(・ω・`。)
-end-