My Friend is Sick 陪朋友去医院

Jeremy is visiting Anna's apartment,but Anna isn't feeling well.

杰里米正在安娜的公寓做客,但安娜感觉不舒服。


Anna & Jeremy:

Anna:Jeremy及Albert的朋友,在一所国际学校教书。

Jeremy: Albert的同事兼好朋友

Jeremy: Anna,are you alright? You look really under the weather.

杰里米: 安娜,你还好吗?你看起来很不舒服。

Anna: Not really. I have bouts of stomach ache.

安娜: 不。我胃一阵阵地疼。

Jeremy: What? You'd better go to the doctor.

杰里米: 什么?你最好去看医生。

Anna: Nope,that will never happen.

安娜: 不,那永远不会发生。

Jeremy: Hey,don't you see a cute and handsome guy in front of you?

杰里米: 嘿,你没看到你面前有个帅哥吗?

Anna: I hate going to hospital...alone.

安娜: 我讨厌一个人去医院。

Jeremy: Come on! I'll go with you.

杰里米: 来吧! 我和你一起去。

Anna: OK.If I diagnosed with cancer,please keep it from my parents.

安娜: 好吧。如果我被诊断出患有癌症,请不要告诉我的父母。

Jeremy: Haha! I'm sure there's nothing serious. Maybe it's just because you ate something contaminated.

杰里米: 哈哈!我肯定没有什么严重的事。也许只是因为你吃了被污染的东西。

Anna: Well,I guess the kitchen skewers we had last night may take the blame.

安娜: 嗯,我想是我们昨晚吃的厨房烤肉串有问题。

Jeremy: Really? I had them too but I'm totally fine.

杰里米: 真的吗?我也有,但我完全没事。

Anna: Maybe you eat barbecue so often that you've become immune to them.

安娜: 也许你经常吃烧烤,以至于对它们产生了免疫力。

Jeremy: Haha! I can't believe you still have the strength to make fun of me. Enough chitchat. Let me drive you to the hospital now.

杰里米: 哈哈!我不敢相信你还有力气来取笑我。闲聊结束。我现在开车送你去医院吧。

Anna: Oh! Here comes another twitch. Let's go ASAP.

安娜: 噢!又抽搐了一下。我们尽快去吧。


本课生词总结

under the weather:人不太舒服;身体不适

bouts of:一阵阵

diagnosed with cancer:确诊患癌症

contaminated:adj. 受污染的,弄脏的

skewers:n. 烤肉叉子;串肉扦;针

immune to:不受...感染,免疫

twitch:n. 抽搐;晃动;急拉;(一阵)感觉;马勒

你可能感兴趣的:(My Friend is Sick 陪朋友去医院)