老友记|All these people actually died?


老友记|All these people actually died?_第1张图片


在《老友记》第8集里,Phoebe突然不敢吃Rachel做的甜点了,这是为什么呢?




01


Text


(加单引号且省略部分字母的地方为连读)

Rachel: Here you go Pheebs. Who else wants one of my special homemade brownies?

来,菲比。谁要吃我特制的布朗尼

Chandler: I will have one.

我要一块儿。

Chandler: Okay, I'm not gonna have one.

好吧,我不要了。

Ross: Neither will I.

我也不要了。

Phoebe: No, no, it's just my tooth.

不,不是,是我牙痛。

Chandler: All right I'll have one.

好吧,我要一个。


老友记|All these people actually died?_第2张图片


Ross: So what's a matter, you need a dentist? I've got a good one.

所以,怎么了,你需要一个牙医?我认识一个好牙医。

Phoebe: No thanks, I have a good one too. I just, I, I can't see him.

不,谢谢,我也认识一个。我只是,我不能去见他。

Chandler: See that is the problem with invisible dentists.

看,这就是隐形牙医的问题。

Ross: Why? Why can't you go to him?

为什么?你为什么不去找他?

Phoebe: Because, every time I go to the dentist, somebody dies.

因为每次我去看牙医,就会有人死掉。

Chandler: That is so weird, because every time I go to the dentist, I look downthe hygienist's blouse.

这真奇怪,因为每次我去看牙医,我都会偷看卫生师的胸。

Rachel: Phoebe, what? Umm...what?!

菲比,什么?呃...什么?!

Phoebe: Yeah, yeah, first there was my aunt Mary, and then there was umm, John, my mailman, and then my, my cowboy friend 'Albino Bob'.

对,对,第一次是我的玛丽阿姨,然后是,呃,约翰,我的邮差,再然后是我的牛仔朋友“艾柏罗巴伯”。


老友记|All these people actually died?_第3张图片


Rachel: And all these people actually died?

这些人真的死了吗?

Phoebe: Yes, while I was in the chair! That's why I take such good care of my teeth now, y'know, it's not about oral hygiene, I floss to save lives!

对,当我坐在诊疗椅上的时候!所以我现在都是自己保健牙齿,你知道,这不是为了口腔卫生,我用牙线是为了救人。

Ross: Pheebs, come on, you didn't kill anybody, these people just happened to die when you went to the dentist. It's, it's, it's just ah, a coincidence.

菲比,拜托,你没有杀任何人,那些人只是刚好在你看牙医的时候死了。那只是一个意外。

Phoebe: Well tell that to them. Oh! You can't, their dead.

好吧,告诉他们,哦!你不能,他们已经死了。

Ross: Thanks, Gunther. Hey! Umm, can I get a napkin too?

谢谢,甘瑟。嘿!呃,能再给我张纸巾吗?

Gunther: Oh, like you don't already have everything.

你还不够称心如意。

Phoebe:Ow! Ow!

哦!哦!

Rachel: Phoebe, your in pain, would you just go to the dentist, just go.

菲比,你痛得厉害,你就去看看牙医吧,去。


老友记|All these people actually died?_第4张图片



02


Analysis


Phrase

all right:好,顺利,正确的

look down:俯视,向下看,用目光慑服某人

take care of:照顾,注意,抚养


Key Sentence

Here you go Pheebs. Who else wants one of my special homemade brownies?

来,菲比。谁要吃我特制的布朗尼?


NOTE:

1. here you go 在口语中指“干得好”,用来鼓励别人表现好。根据不同语境,有不同的含义,最常见的是“给你”。

2. there you go 常用语完成一项交易之后,意为交易完成,你可以走了。在赞同别人时同样可以用there you go,表示“你说的没错”。


eg: Here you go! I saved this seat for you.

坐这里!我给你留了这个座位。


可以跟着视频练习文中片段哦~



03


End


原来是因为Phoebe牙痛,才不敢吃甜点。她牙痛的厉害,但仍然坚持不去看牙医。坚信自己看牙医会带来别人的死亡。事实真的是这样的吗?Phoebe最后有没有去看牙医呢?


老友记|All these people actually died?_第5张图片


扫下方二维码 ↓ ↓ 关注微信公众号,

回复“308”就能获得全集链接哦~


END


老友记|All these people actually died?_第6张图片

May you
live the way
you want




你可能感兴趣的:(老友记|All these people actually died?)