17. Getting to the essence of things

17.Getting to the essence of things.抓住事情的本质

From today on, I think I should keep a diary.

  1. To the CCU University class of 2021,the graduate students and the undergradutes,I'm honored to be among the first to congratulate you on compeleting your years at CCU University.2021届的硕士们和本科毕业生们,我很荣幸,能够捷足先登,最先来祝贺大家完成了你们在长春大学的学业。
  2. Not overdo sth.适可而止。
  3. Today we're literally beaming,with a little bit of relief and lots of tenderness.今天,我们发自内心的高兴,同时还有 少许的轻松,也有很多的欣慰。
  4. Tell us it'll be okay.告诉我们这些就可以了。
  5. take sth to heart.谨记某事。
  6. I take my friends and our teachers'advice to heart。我将会谨记朋友们和老师的建议。
  7. Employment prospects for the graduating seniors are,let's face it,rather grim.可以坦率的说,现在的就业前景对于毕业生来说,相当严峻。
  8. While you are not faced with stagflation(n.滞涨,通货膨胀) exactly,your expectations of the job market have no doubt been flattened(v.(使)变平) if you entered Stanford,but that's not the case.如果你没有真正的遭遇过通货膨胀,毫无疑问,如果你们能够进入斯坦福大学,你们的就业前景就一片光明了,但是事实并非如此。
  9. But here you are, the Class of 2021, And times have changed.但是,现在你们是2021届的毕业生,时代已经改变了。
  10. I am scared of leaving the protective bubble of the place for places unknown,during uncertain Internet times... and I am afraid for squandering(v.浪费) the incredible gift of my college experience on pursuits that are't commensurate(adj.相称的) with expections I... and others... had of me.I am scared of not doing it all,of making irrevocable mistakes.我害怕离开大学这个保护伞,害怕在不确定的互联网时代去未知的地方... 而且我也害怕将我在大学所获得的惊人的才华浪费在与我和大家对我的期望不相称的事情上,我害怕无所事事,也害怕犯下无法挽回的错误。
  11. If you are scared today,let me ask you this:What will you do with your fear?Will you let it become a motivator,or an inhibitor?如果今天你感觉到了害怕,那么我来问你几个问题:你们该如何面对你们成长过程中的恐惧呢?是让它变成你们前进的动力还是成长的阻碍?
  12. You are the only one who can answer that. But what I can offer as guidence, and reassuance, is a story - the story of one grad's process of stumbling and searching to find a place in the world, often in the face of her fears.只有你们才能做出回答,我所能做的就是通过一个故事给予大家一些引导和信心。这个故事是关于一位毕业生如何带着恐惧,跌跌撞撞地在这个世界上寻求一席之地的。
  13. Believe it or not. 无论你信不信。
  14. I'd like to begin my story at History Corner. 故事从“历史角”开始吧。
  15. Because every life is a Great Work, with all the richness of its gifts, and the wealth of its possibilities.因为每个人的一生都是一部巨著,包含了各种各样的机遇与无限的潜能。
  16. The world you pursue will never be the world you have now.你所追求的世界永远不是你现在所拥有的世界。
  17. For those of you choosing paths that are well-defined, paths that very neatly match other's expectations of you, my gut tells me that you probably among the most fearful today.对于你们当中那些已经选择了明确路线的人,那些选择的路线非常符合别人对你的期望,我的直接告诉我,你们可能是今天最恐惧的人群中的一员。
  18. I am going,not because it is a lifelong dream, not because I imagined I could change the world, but because I thought it is expected of me. I thought I owed it to my family, especially my father. Not because he'd ever said so, but because I'd assumed it to be true.我之所以去,并不是因为那是我一生的梦想,也不是因为我幻想自己能够改变世界,而是因为我认为别人就是这么期望我的。我觉得这是我的家人对我的期望,尤其是我的父亲。不是因为他曾对我要求过这些,而是因为我觉得应该是这样的。
  19. The French writer Camus once said, " To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others." 法国作家加缪曾经说过:“要想快乐,就不要太在意别人的观点。”
  20. It's true that after I chose this road I never looked back,but I still didn't know where to look,either.The important thing is, I am now in control. The only expections I had to live up are my own.自从我选择了这条路后我从来没有回头看过,到现在我也不知道要朝那里看。重要的是,我能掌控自己的事情了。我唯一不能辜负的就是我对自己得期望了。
  21. Your efforts are worthy of your ambition. 你的努力要配得上你的野心。
  22. How much of a difference they can make. 他们是多么重要。
  23. Choosing business school was surprising, and yet absolutely right for me. 选择商学院很出乎人意料,但是它绝对适合我。
  24. There are no bad choices, as long as you learn from them.只要你能从选择中学到东西,那么选择就没有好坏之分。
  25. Some people simply stop choosing.Anysome can allow their past to be better than their future, if they stop choosing.有些人干脆停止了选择。如果停止选择的话,任何人都可以让他们的过去比未来更美好。
  26. Do not be afraid to make decisions.Do not be afraid to make mistakes.Choose to be brave, and to keep moving forward.不要害怕做决定,不要害怕犯错误,选择勇敢,不断前进。
  27. Don't let your options paralyze you. Make a decision, and then choose what happens next. 不要让你的选择麻痹了你。做出决定,然后选择接下来发生什么。
  28. That's the final realization I'll share with you, the realization that not only do you have control over your own life, but that you have the power to make a difference in other people's lives. 这就是我最后想和你们分享的领悟。我意识到,你不仅能够控制自己的生活,也有能力去影响其他人的生活。
  29. I knew that I am unexpected choice for the position, and I knew that with this job would come a fair bit of scrutiny criticism.我知道对于这个职位,我并不是最佳的人选,我也知道,随之而来的将是来自四面八方的监督与批评。
  30. And then I weighed all of that, against what is worth doing.然后我在所有的这一切与值得做的事情之间做了一个权衡。
  31. It felt both utterly surprising , and surprisingly familiar. 那种感觉非常令人惊讶,一切都出乎意料的熟悉。
  32. More than that. 更重要的是。
  33. Let your fear motivate you, not inhibit you.让恐惧激励你前行吧,而不是阻碍你。
  34. My heartfelt congratulations go out to you, and to all of your mothers and fathers and families and friends. 我衷心的祝贺你们的母亲,父亲,家人以及朋友们。
  35. Make it a great life.愿你们前程似锦。

你可能感兴趣的:(17. Getting to the essence of things)