跟着卷福学英语(四十七)

前景提要:卷福借着麦考夫的名号进入了基地,发现了那只“会发光的兔子”的秘密,造出“巨型猎犬”幕后黑手会是斯坦佩顿博士吗?接下来卷福和华生会陪亨利深入恶魔谷腹地一探究竟......

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第1张图片

H:There's a couple of words, it's what I keep seeing. Liberty.有几个词,老在我眼前晃,自由。

W:Liberty?自由?

H:Liberty. And... In. It's just that.自由还有...里,就这些。

H:Have you finished?吃完了吗?

W:Mean anything to you? Liberty in death, isn't that the expression? The only true freedom.想起什么了吗?自由即死亡,是这么说的吧?所谓真正的解放。

H:What now, then?现在怎么办?

W:Sherlock's...got a plan?夏洛克有...计划了?

S:Yes.对。

H:Right.好。

S:We take you back out onto the moor.我们送你回沼地。

H:OK...好吧...

S:And see if anything attacks you.看有没有东西袭击你。

W:What?什么?

S:That should bring things to a head.这应该能给我点线索。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第2张图片

H:At night? You want me to go out there at night?黑夜里?你要我黑夜里回沼地去?

W:Hm.That's your plan?Brilliant!嗯这就是你的计划?太棒了。

S:Got any better ideas?你有更好的主意?

W:That's not a plan.这不叫计划。

S:If there is a monster out there, John, there's only one thing to do. Find out where it lives.约翰对付怪兽只有一个办法,找到它的老巢。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第3张图片

S:Met a friend of yours?遇见你朋友了。

H:What?什么?

S:Dr Frankland?弗兰克兰博士?

H:Oh, right. Bob, yeah.哦,对,鲍勃。

S:He seems pretty concerned about you.他好像很担心你。

H:Oh, he's a worrier, bless him. He's been very kind to me since I came back.唉,他就爱瞎操心,自从我回来他一直对我很好。

S:He knew your father?他认识你父亲?

H:Yeah.嗯。

S:But he works at Baskerville. Didn't your dad have a problem with that?可他在巴斯克维尔工作啊,你爸不介意吗?

H:Well, mates are mates, aren't they? I mean, look at you and John.朋友投缘就好,哪管这些?看看你和约翰。

S:What about us?我们怎么了?

H:Well, they agreed never to talk about work, Uncle Bob and my dad. Dewer's Hollow.总之,鲍勃叔叔和我爸他们说好不谈工作。这就是恶魔谷。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第4张图片

H:Oh, my god, oh, my god, oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Did you see it? Did you hear that? We saw it. We saw it!天呐,天呐,上帝啊。你看见没?你看见没?我们看见了,我们看见了。

S:No, I didn't see anything.没有,我什么也没看见。

H:What? What are you talking about?什么,你说什么?

S:I didn't see anything.我什么也没看见。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第5张图片

H:Look, he must have seen it. I saw it. He must have. He must have. I... Why? Why? Why would he say that? It was there, it was.拜托,他绝对看见了。我都看见了,他百分百看见了。我...为什么?为什么他不承认?它就在那里,就在那里。

W:Henry, Henry, I need you to sit down. Try and relax, please.亨利,亨利,你得坐下,放松点。

H:I'm OK, I feel OK.我没事,好得很。

W:I'm going to give you something to help you sleep. All right?我给你开点帮助睡眠的药,好吗?

H:This is good news, John. It's...it's...it's good. I'm not crazy. There is a hound there, there is. And Sherlock, he saw it too. No matter what he says, he saw it.这是好事,约翰,真的...是好事,我没疯,真的有只猎犬,真的有,夏洛克也看见了,随他怎么说,他就是看见了。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第6张图片

W:Well, he's in a pretty bad way. He's manic. Totally convinced there's some mutant super-dog roaming the moors. And there isn't, though, is there? If people knew how to make a mutant super-dog, we'd know. It'd be for sale. I mean, that's how it works. Listen, on the moor I saw someone signalling, Morse. I guess it's Morse. It doesn't seem to make much sense. U, M, Q, R, A, does that mean anything? U M Q R A. So, OK, what have we got? We know there's footprints, because Henry found them, and so did the tour guide bloke. We all heard something. Maybe we should just look for whoever's got a big dog.他情况不妙,有狂躁症状。完全相信了有变异超能狗在沼地游荡,其实根本就没有,对吧?真有人搞出了变异超能狗,我们会知道的。肯定会上市出售的,这才是人之常情,听着,我在沼地看到有人打摩斯密码。估计是摩斯码,看不出什么意思。这有什么意义吗?好吧 我们有什么线索?我们知道有脚印,亨利发现的,那个导游也见过,我们听到了什么声音,不然干脆去查查养大狗的人。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第7张图片

S:Henry's right.亨利说得对。

W:What?什么?

S:I saw it, too.我也看见了。

W:What?什么?

S:I saw it too, John.我也看见了,约翰。

W:Just...just a minute, you saw what?稍等一下,你看见什么了?

S:A hound. Out there

in the Hollow. A gigantic hound.一条猎犬,在恶魔谷里,巨型猎犬。

W:Um, look, Sherlock, we have to be rational about this. OK, now you, of all people, can't just... Let's just stick to what we know, yes? Stick to the facts.呃,夏洛克,我们得理智点。尤其你,你最不该...我们按现有线索来,好吗?紧扣事实。

S:Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true.排除不可能的因素之后,不管剩下的多不可思议,那就是真相。

W:What does that mean?什么意思?

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第8张图片

S:Look at me, I'm afraid, John. Afraid.看看我,我害怕,约翰,害怕了。

W:Sherlock.夏洛克。

S:I've always beenable to keep myself distant. Divorce myself from feelings. But look, you see,body's betraying me. Interesting, yes, emotions. The grit on the lens, the flyin the ointment. 我一直都能保持淡定,不动感情,可是你看,我的身体背叛了我,真有趣啊,动感情了。白璧微瑕,美中不足。

W:Yeah, all right,Spock, just...take it easy.You've beenpretty wired lately, you know you have. I think you've just gone out there and got yourself a bit worked up.好啦好啦,斯波克,放松点,你最近有点太兴奋了,承认吧,依我看,你是在那里有点被吓到了。

S:Worked up?吓到?

W:It was dark and scary.黑漆漆的很瘆人啊

S:Me? There's nothing wrong with me.我?我什么问题都没有。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第9张图片

W:Sherlock...夏洛克...

S:There is nothing wrong with me! Do you understand!? You want me to prove it, yes? We're looking for a dog, yes? A great big dog, that's your brilliant theory. Cherchez le chien! Where shall we start? How about them? The sentimental widow and her son, the unemployed fisherman. The answer's yes.我没问题,明白吗?要我证明给你看?我们在找狗对吗?你的伟大论断,庞然大狗(法语)在找狗。从哪入手,从他们如何?善感的寡妇和她儿子,无业渔民,没错吧。

W:Yes?没错?

S:She's got a West Highland Terrier called Whisky, not what we're looking for!她有条西部高地白梗,叫威士忌,不是我们要找的。

W:For God's sake!拜托夏洛克。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第10张图片

S:Look at his jumper, hardly worn. Clearly he's uncomfortable. Could be the material or the hideous pattern, suggests it's a present. He wants into his mother's good books. Why? Probably money. He's treating her to a meal, but his own portion is small. He wants to impress her, but he's trying to economise on his own food.看他的毛衣,几乎新的,他显然不舒服,材质或花纹的问题,是别人送的,多半是圣诞礼物,他想讨好母亲,为什么?多半为钱,他请她吃饭可他自己那份很少,他想感动她,却要在自己那份上省钱。

W:Maybe he's not hungry.没准他不饿。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第11张图片

S:No, small plate, starter. He's practically licked it clean. She's nearly finished her pavlova. If she'd treated him, he'd have had as much as he wanted. He's hungry and not well-off, you can tell by his cuffs and shoes. Only a mother would give him a Christmas present like that. It could be an aunt or older sister, but mother's more likely. He was a fisherman, the scarring on his hands is distinctive, fish hooks. They're old, suggesting long-term unemployment. Not much industry here, so he's turned to his widowed mother for help.Widowed?She's got a man's wedding ring on a chain around her neck, clearly her late husband's and too big for her finger. She's well-dressed, but her jewellery is cheap. She could afford better, but she's kept it, sentimental.不一小盘前菜他盘子都快舔光了,她才快吃完蛋白水果蛋糕,如果是她请客,他可以放开了吃,他又饿又落魄,看他袖扣和鞋就知道。为什么是妈?只有当妈的才会送他,那种圣诞礼物,也许是姨妈或大姐不过亲妈更可能,他曾是渔民,手上的伤疤显然是鱼钩弄的伤疤很旧,所以失业很久了,这里没什么工业,他只能找寡妇老妈求援。寡妇吗?对,她脖子上挂着一枚男士婚戒,显然是先夫遗物,她戴也嫌太大了,她衣着体面,可珠宝很廉价,能买高级珠宝却留着这些说明她多愁善感。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第12张图片

S:The dog?There aretiny hairs on her leg but none above the knees, suggesting it's a small dog, probably a terrier. It is a West Highland Terrier called Whisky."How do you know that?" She was on the same train as us and I heard her call its name. That's listening. I use my senses, unlike some people, so you see, I am fine. In fact, I've never been better, so just leave me alone!她腿上有些细毛,膝盖以上却没有,说明是小狗,多半是梗犬,叫威士忌的西高地梗犬。"你怎么知道夏洛克?"她和我们同一班火车来的,我听到她唤狗了这不是作弊,是机警,我会利用感官,不像某些人,所以你看,我好得很,真的,不能再好了,所以让我清净点吧。

W:Yeah, OK. Why would you listen to me? I'm just your friend.呃,行啊,你何必听我话呢,我只是你的朋友罢了。

S:I don't have friends.我没有朋友。

W:No. I wonder why.确实没有,不足为奇。

跟着卷福学英语(四十七)_第13张图片

你可能感兴趣的:(跟着卷福学英语(四十七))