2018-01-25中译英6

即使你试了,也只能等到他们真的开始工作以后才能弄清他们真正如何。

Even if you try, you won't find out what they're really like until they actually start work.

他们会问那种你可能已经料到了的问题,比如你喜欢在压力下工作吗?或者是你擅长在最后期限前完成任务吗?

They ask the sort of questions that you might expect, like do you like working under pressure or are you good at keeping deadlines.

如果人们能够看穿它们,只是写下他们认为雇主希望看到的东西怎么办?

"What if people can see through them and just write what they think the employer wants to see?"

我的意思是,撒谎是人的本性,不是吗?

I mean, it's human nature to lie, isn't it?

我在这所学校待了六周,给一个班教各种学科,班上的学生都是十四岁。

I was at this school for six weeks and I taught a variety of subjects to a class of fourteen-year-old pupils.

我们做完研究后,又回到教室,用几卷旧墙纸做成两个基本的帽子模型。

After we'd done the research, we went back to the classroom to make two basic hat shapes using rolls of old wallpaper.

我们做的另一顶帽子更复杂一点。

The other hat we made was a little more complicated.

这样一来这两个帽子模型的变化和组合形成了学生最终设计的基础。

Now variations and combinations of these two hat shapes formed the basis of the pupils' final designs.

我鼓励他们先做一个小的三维帽子。

I encouraged them to make a small-scale, three-dimensional hat first.

纸更柔韧,更容易操作。

Paper is more pliable and easier to handle.

Wetherfield的那家新印度餐厅应该很棒。

That new Indian restaurant in Wetherfield is supposed to be excellent.

让我们把它作为第一选择记下来,再做一些备选计划。

Let's put that down as the first choice and have some back-ups.

我想你会发现有些人就不能去那么高。

I think you'll find some people won't be able to go that high.

我们最好确保有良好的素食。

We'd better make sure there's good vegetarian food.

然后甜点有传统的葡萄干布丁或苹果派,以及咖啡。

And then for dessert there's traditional plum pudding or apple pie, plus coffee.

你可能感兴趣的:(2018-01-25中译英6)