英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
There you are, Mr Bates. It's in. Came this morning. | 拿好贝茨先生收到了今早送来的 |
They said it would, which isn't quite the same thing. | 他们说可能会到还是有区别的 |
Hello. | 你好 |
I could have posted that for you. | 早知道我就帮你寄了 |
Well, I prefer to do it myself. | 还是我自己来吧 |
I'll wait outside. | 我在外边等你 |
Lovely. | 好的 |
What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
If you must know, I'm trying to find some space | 你非要打听的话我想把橱柜上边 |
on top of the cupboard to make life easier. | 腾出些空间屋里就不会那么挤了 |
So, what's in it, then? | 里边装了什么 |
What? | 什么 |
The bleeding great packing case that weighs a tonne, that's what. | 那个该死的大箱子重得要死还能有什么 |
- Can't you just leave it? - No, I can't. | -你别问行吗-不不行 |
And you'll tell me right now. | 你现在就得告诉我 |
- Anything interesting? - Not particularly. | -有什么趣事吗-没有 |
It's from Evelyn Napier. | 是艾弗林·奈皮尔寄来的 |
You met him with | 去年十一月唐克斯特赛马会 |
the Delderfields last November, at Doncaster races. | 他和戴德菲尔兹一家在一起你们见过面 |
- Is that Lord Branksome's boy? - It is. | -是布兰克森老爷的儿子吗-没错 |
Do you like him? | 你喜欢他吗 |
- I don't dislike him. - And what's he writing about? | -我不讨厌他-他信上说些什么 |
Nothing much, he's out with the York and Ainsty next week. | 没什么下周他要跟约克安斯提的人出去狩猎 |
The meet is at Downton. He'll want some tea when he's up here. | 集合地点就在唐顿届时他会来喝杯茶 |
Where's he staying? With friends? | 他住在哪和朋友一起吗 |
He says he's found a pub that caters for hunting. | 他说找了一家为狩猎提供住宿的酒吧 |
Well, we can improve on that. | 我们能提供更好的条件 |
He must come here. He can send the horses up early if he wants. | 让他来这里吧早晨他可以随时备马出发 |
He'll know why you're asking him. | 他能猜到你邀请他的原因 |
I can't think what you mean. | 我不明白你说什么 |
His mother's a friend of mine. She'll be pleased at the idea. | 我是他母亲的朋友她肯定喜欢这个提议 |
Not very pleased, she's dead. | 不怎么喜欢她过世了 |
完整版请点击 | |
All the more reason, then. | 那就更有理由邀请他了 |
You can write a note, too, and put it in with mine. | 你可以写个便条然后和我的一起寄出去 |
Should I tell him about your friendship with his late mother? | 我要不要提及你与他亡母的交情 |
I am sure you, of all people, can compose a letter | 我很确信众人当中 |
to a young man without any help from me. | 唯独你给年轻男子写信用不着我帮忙 |
How much did it cost? | 这个花了多少钱 |
Every penny I'd saved. Almost. | 我的全部积蓄差不多 |
And is this the mystery lover? | 这个就是你的秘密情人吗 |
I've been taking a correspondence course in typing and shorthand. | 我参加了一项有关打字和速记的函授课程 |
That's what was in the envelopes. | 信封里就是课件 |
- Are you any good? - Yes. | -你学得好吗-当然 |
I am, actually. | 说实话我学得很好 |
Her Ladyship wants the fawn skirt Lady Mary never wears. | 夫人要玛丽小姐从来不穿的那件黄褐色短裙 |
The seamstress is going to | 缝纫女工要把它 |
fit it to Lady Sybil, but I can't find it. | 改成茜玻小姐的尺寸不过我没找到 |
I'll come in a minute. | 我马上就去 |
- They're waiting now. - One minute. | -她们正等着呢-马上就去 |
I'm just changing my cap and apron. | 我得换帽子和围裙 |
Have you told anyone? What did your parents say? | 你跟别人说过吗你父母怎么看 |
I can't tell them till I've got a job. | 没找到工作之前我不能告诉他们 |
Dad will think I'm a fool | 放弃这份好差事我爸会觉得我 |
to leave a good place and Mum will say I'm getting above myself, | 不知好歹我妈妈会说我好高骛远 |
- but I don't believe that. - Nor do I. | -但我不这么想-我也不这么想 |
It's not of my doing. It's all Mary's own work. | 这事与我无关全是玛丽自己在忙活 |
But I think we should encourage it. | 不过我觉得我们应该鼓励她 |
Branksome's a dull dog, but I don't suppose that matters. | 布兰克森这人不解风情但这似乎不要紧 |
Did you know his wife had died? | 你知道他妻子去世了吗 |
He only ever talks about racing. | 他就知道谈论赛马 |
Cora is right. | 柯拉是对的 |
Mary won't take Matthew Crawley, | 玛丽不会接受马修·卡劳利 |
so we'd better get her settled | 所以得赶快把她嫁出去 |
before the bloom is quite gone off the rose. | 否则青春易逝容颜易老 |
Is the family an old one? | 这个家族有历史吗 |
Older than yours, I imagine. | 我想比你家历史久远 |
- Old enough. - And there's plenty of money. | -挺古老的-而且家产颇丰 |
- Oh, really? - Hmm. | -是吗-嗯 |
Mama, you've already looked him up in the stud books | 母亲你早就在纯血种马簿里查过他们 |
and made enquiries about the fortune, don't pretend otherwise. | 打听过他们的家产了不要装得毫不知情 |
Are you afraid someone | 你是不是在担心 |
will think you're American if you speak openly? | 如果你表现得太坦诚会被当成美国人 |
I doubt it'll come to that. | 也不是不可能 |
- Shall I ring for tea? - No, not for me. | -摇铃让他们端茶吗-不我不要了 |
I'm meeting Cripps at five. I'll see you at dinner. | 我约了克里普斯五点见面晚餐见 |
You don't seem very pleased. | 你看起来不太满意 |
I'm pleased. | 还算满意 |
- It's not brilliant, but I'm pleased. - So? | -虽不完美也还凑活-那么 |
I don't want Robert to use a marriage | 我不想让罗伯特以婚姻为借口 |
as an excuse to stop fighting for Mary's inheritance. | 放弃争夺玛丽的继承权 |
It won't make any difference. | 其实那都无所谓 |
I don't think he has the slightest intention of fighting as it is. | 我觉得他压根就没想去争 |
The price of saving Downton | 保住唐顿庄园的代价就是 |
is to accept Matthew Crawley as his heir. | 让马修·卡劳利成为他的继承人 |
What about you? | 那你怎么想 |
I don't dislike Matthew. | 我对马修并无反感 |
In fact, I rather admire him. | 老实说我挺欣赏他 |
Is that sufficient reason to give him your money? | 仅凭这点你就把所有家产都交给他吗 |
- Of course not. - Then there's nothing more to be said. | -当然不是-那就无需多言了 |
Are we going to have tea or not? | 我们不是要喝茶吗 |
Hello. | 你好 |
I'd offer you a lift if I could. | 不介意的话我送你一程 |
It was you I was coming to see. | 我就是来找你的 |
Well, then, your timing is matchless. I've just got off the train. | 你的时间算得真精确我刚下火车 |
The other day, at dinner, | 那天进餐的时候 |
Cousin Isobel was saying | 伊泽贝尔堂亲说 |
you wanted to see some of the local churches. | 你想逛逛当地的教堂 |
She's right. I do. | 她说的没错我确有此意 |
I want to know more about | 如果要在这里定居 |
the county generally, if I'm to live here. | 我想更全面地了解这个郡 |
Well, I thought I might show you a few of the nearer ones. | 我想我可以带你看看附近的几座教堂 |
We could take a picnic and make an outing of it. | 我们可以带上食物就当是远足了 |
- That's very kind. - Nonsense. I'll enjoy it. | -你真热情-哪里我会很享受的 |
It's too long since I've played the tourist. | 我很久没出去转转了 |
完整版请点击 | |
Well, it would have to be a Saturday. | 那就只能选星期六了 |
The churches work on Sunday and I work all the weekdays. | 星期日教堂要工作平时我要工作 |
Then Saturday it is. | 那就星期六吧 |
I'll get Lynch to sort out the governess cart | 我让林奇去准备马车 |
and I'll pick you up at about 11:00. | 十一点钟我会来接你 |
- How does it work? - Well, it's easy. | -这个怎么用-很简单 |
You just press the letters and they print on the paper. | 你只要按这些字母就能印到纸上了 |
Get back, please. | 请你们离远点 |
They were trying to hide it, so I knew it was wrong. | 她们企图藏什么东西被我看出来了 |
Where's Gwen now? | 格温现在在哪里 |
Doing the dining room with Anna, they'll be finishing. | 和安娜一起收拾餐厅马上就能回来 |
Then I'll wait. | 那我就等着 |
With all due respect, Mr Carson, Gwen is under my jurisdiction. | 恕我直言卡森先生格温归我管 |
Indeed she is, Mrs Hughes, | 的确如此休斯太太 |
and I have no intention of usurping your authority. | 我绝没有企图篡夺您的职权 |
I merely want to get to the bottom of it. | 我只是想搞清事情的真相 |
Why shouldn't Gwen have a typewriter, if she wants one? | 为什么格温想要一台打字机都不行 |
Mind your own business. | 别多管闲事 |
- What's that doing here? - Ah, Gwen. Come in. | -那东西怎么会在这里-格温快进来 |
Why is that down here? Who's been in my room? | 那东西怎么会在这里谁进我的房间了 |
They had no right. | 他们无权这么做 |
See here. In the first place, | 注意了首先 |
none of the rooms in this house belong to you. | 这座庄园里的任何一个房间都不属于你 |
And in the second, I am in charge of your welfare | 其次你的一切由我负责 |
and that gives me every right. | 因此我也有权管你 |
This is you, isn't it? | 是你做的对不对 |
All we want is to know what Gwen wants with a typewriter | 我们只想搞清楚格温要打字机做什么 |
and why she feels the need to keep it secret? | 她为何要对此保密 |
She wants to keep it private, not secret. | 这是她的隐私并非有意隐瞒 |
- There's a difference. - Amen. | -这是有区别的-阿门 |
I've done nothing to be ashamed of. | 我没做任何丢人的事情 |
I've bought a typewriter | 我买了台打字机 |
and I've taken a postal course in shorthand. | 我一直在上函授速写课 |
I'm not aware that either of these actions is illegal. | 我不知道这些行为哪里犯法了 |
Will you tell us why, preferably without any more cheek? | 有话好好说别这么没轻没重的 |
Because I want to leave service. I want to be a secretary. | 因为我不想做女仆了我想当秘书 |
You want to leave service? | 你不想当女仆了 |
What's wrong with being in service? | 当女仆有什么不好 |
Nothing's wrong with it. | 没什么不好 |
And there's nothing wrong with mending roads, neither, | 修马路也没什么不好 |
but it's not what I want to do. | 但我不想这样干下去 |
I should remind you that there are plenty of young girls | 我得提醒你有很多年轻姑娘 |
who will be glad of a position in this house. | 对这里的工作求之不得呢 |
And when I hand in my notice I shall be happy | 那不正好等我一辞职 |
to think one of them will be taking my place. | 自然有人顶替我的位置 |
What makes you think we'll wait till then? | 你觉得自己还能待到那个时候吗 |
Are you hiring and sacking now, Miss O'Brien? | 什么时候轮到你当家了奥布瑞恩太太 |
I thought that lay with | 我以为这事本该由 |
Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes. | 卡森先生和休斯太太来定夺 |
Enough of this. I'm going to ring the dressing gong | 都别吵了我要去通知晚餐更衣了 |
and we'll have no more talk of this tonight. | 今晚谁都不许再提此事 |
Can I have my machine back now? | 我能把打字机拿回去了吗 |
Very well, but I wish I were sure you know what you're doing. | 可以但是我希望你好自为之 |
Daisy, what's happened to you? | 黛西你怎么回事 |
I said you could go for a drink of water, | 我让你来喝点水 |
not a trip up the Nile. | 又不是让你去尼罗河 |
Which churches will you show him? | 你准备带他去哪几个教堂 |
I can't decide. | 还没想好呢 |
Kirby, possibly, or perhaps Easingwold. | 柯比吧要不去伊兴沃德教堂 |
You don't think you're being a bit obvious? | 不觉得你表现得太直白了吗 |
Coming from you, that's rich. | 你说我直白真是笑话 |
There was a letter from Mr Napier in the evening post. | 晚邮送来一封奈皮尔先生的信件 |
- Oh. Did he accept? - Not yet. | -他答应来了吗-还没 |
Perhaps he thought it was too obvious. | 大概他觉得太直白了吧 |
Apparently, he's bringing a friend with him. | 很显然他有位友人同行 |
An attache at the Turkish Embassy. A Mr Kemal Pamuk. | 土耳其大使馆的专员科莫·帕努克先生 |
He's the son of one of the Sultan's ministers | 他是苏丹某大臣之子 |
and he's here for the Albanian talks. | 是为阿尔巴尼亚会谈而来 |
- What's that? - To create an independent Albania. | -会谈什么-建立独立的阿尔巴尼亚 |
Don't you read the papers? | 你平时不看报纸的吗 |
I'm too busy living a life. | 活得太滋润没时间看报 |
Since Turkey's signature is vital, | 鉴于获得土耳其的支持至关重要 |
Mr Napier's been given the job | 在会谈前奈皮尔先生的任务就是 |
of keeping him happy until the conference begins. | 好生招待专员使其尽欢 |
And he's eager to try an English hunt. | 而他很想尝试英式狩猎 |
I shall invite this Mr Pamuk to stay here as well. | 那就把这位帕努克先生也请来 |
Who knows, | 没准 |
a little hospitality in an English house | 英式府邸的盛情款待 |
may make all the difference to the outcome. | 能对会谈产生出其不意的效果呢 |
And Mary, you will ride out with him. | 玛丽你得随行作陪 |
Oh, Mama, must I? | 妈妈有必要吗 |
My boots are at the menders | 我的靴子还没修好 |
and I haven't ridden for weeks. | 我都好几个星期没骑马了 |
Anna? Please see that Lady Mary is fully equipped to go hunting. | 安娜去把玛丽小姐的狩猎装备齐全 |
Yes, Your Ladyship. | 好的夫人 |
Yes? | 有事吗 |
I saw this advertisement for a limp corrector. | 我看到这张跛足矫正器的广告 |
Yes? | 怎么了 |
What does it do, exactly? | 这个到底是干什么用的 |
It corrects limps. | 矫正跛足的 |
Does it work? | 有效吗 |
Well, as I make it and I advertise it, | 东西我做的广告我发的 |
is it likely I'd say no? | 难道我会说没用吗 |
Could I see one? | 能拿一个给我瞧瞧吗 |
Here we are. | 瞧好了 |
You adjust this to the right height to minimise the limp. | 把这个调整到合适的高度矫正跛足 |
You tighten these, gradually, as tight as you can stand, | 逐渐拧紧直到无法再忍受 |
and as the legs straighten the foot lowers to the floor. | 等把腿掰直了脚自然就能落地了 |
Can't say it's going to be easy. | 戴上不好受 |
And you can't slack. | 戴上就得坚持 |
Every day, all day, | 想要治好 |
if you mean business. | 就得天天戴戴一整天 |
All right. | 明白了 |
How much? | 多少钱 |
She asks if we can both dine on Saturday? | 她邀请我们周六一同赴宴 |
There are two young men staying, | 到时还会有另外两位年轻男客 |
so you won't be so out numbered for once. | 你就不会寡不敌众了 |
What men? | 什么客人 |
A Turkish diplomat | 一个土耳其外交官 |
called something I can't read | 名字很拗口我念不出来 |
and "Lord Branksome's charming son", | 还有布兰克森爵爷的爱子 |
who's to be flung at Mary, presumably. | 八成是给玛丽介绍的 |
When it comes to Cousin Mary, | 说到玛丽堂妹 |
she's quite capable of doing her own flinging, I assure you. | 以她的能力哪还用得着别人介绍 |
Ah, open the door, can you? | 拜托帮忙开下门 |
I couldn't find her breeches anywhere, | 哪儿都找不着她的马裤 |
so I asked Mr Bates | 我问了贝茨先生 |
and he looked among His Lordship's riding clothes | 然后他去老爷的骑射行头里找了找 |
and there they were. | 还真给找着了 |
I only hope to god I've got everything. | 现在我就希望别落下什么东西 |
Hat, I'll do here. | 帽子我拿着呢 |
Gloves and crop are in the hall. | 手套和马鞭在门厅 |
Gwen? | 格温 |
Whatever's the matter? | 你怎么了 |
Hey, come on, sit down. | 别哭坐下 |
What's up? | 怎么了 |
Oh, I'm just being silly. | 没事一时耍性子 |
You should get that brushed. | 你应该把那个拿去刷刷 |
He won't be up for another half an hour. Now, what is it? | 老爷还得半个小时才起出什么事了 |
Well, I suppose I've just realised that it's not going to happen. | 我只是意识到没可能了 |
- What isn't? - Oh, none of it. | -什么没可能-都没可能 |
I'm not going to be a secretary. | 我没可能成为秘书 |
I'm not going to leave service. | 我也没可能不做女仆 |
I doubt I'll leave here before I'm 60. | 六十岁之前我都不会离开这里 |
What's all this? | 怎么这么消极 |
You saw their faces. | 你看见他们的表情了 |
And they're right. Oh, look at me. | 他们说的没错瞧瞧我自个儿 |
I'm the daughter of a farmhand, I'm lucky to be a maid. | 农夫的女儿当女仆够幸运了 |
I was born with nothing and I'll die with nothing. | 生不带来死不带去一条贱命活一世 |
Don't talk like that. | 别说这样的话 |
You can change your life if you want to. | 有志者事竟成 |
Sometimes you have to be hard on yourself, | 尽管过程艰辛 |
but you can change it completely, I know. | 但你还是能改变命运的 |
Mr Bates? | 贝茨先生 |
Are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
Take her upstairs, dry her off. | 带她上楼把眼泪擦干 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“唐顿庄园”