女王的棋局第1季第3集台词
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Mom! | 妈妈 |
后翼弃兵 第三集 | |
Well, now. | 瞧瞧这里 |
Welcome. | 欢迎 |
- Got a cigarette, doctor? - Sorry, I... | -有烟吗医生-抱歉我... |
I asked for a pleasant room, | 我让他们安排个好房间 |
and I believe they gave me one. | 看来他们做到了 |
- I'm Beth. - Harmon. Kentucky State Champion. | -我是贝丝-哈蒙肯塔基州冠军 |
Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
There are two games a day, and the time control is 120/40. | 每天两场比赛时间是120/40 |
You get two hours to make 40 moves. | 你有两小时时间走40步棋 |
Welcome to Cincinnati. | 欢迎来到辛辛那提 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
And the rook comes to the seventh rank. | 象到第七线 |
That right there... | 就在那 |
that is a bone in the throat. | 那可是如鲠在喉 |
Guy takes one look at this, he pays up, 20 bucks. | 那家伙看了一眼棋局直接给了20元 |
The Caro-Kann Defense, genuine bummer. | 卡罗-卡恩防御真扫兴 |
What's wrong with Caro-Kann? | 卡罗-卡恩怎么了 |
It's all pawns and no hope. | 全是兵没希望 |
Here, look, I'll show you, all right? This is Caro-Kann. | 来我走给你看好吧卡罗-卡恩 |
I'd take the knight. | 我走马 |
You're, um... | 你是 |
Aren't you that kid from Kentucky who wiped out Harry Beltik? | 你不就是肯塔基州打败哈利·贝尔蒂克的那孩子吗 |
If you take his knight, then you double his pawns. | 如果你吃他的马他就叠兵了 |
Big deal. Like I said, it's all pawns... | 那又怎样我说了全是兵 |
and no hope. | 没希望 |
Let me show you how you win with Black. | 我教你怎么用黑棋赢 |
Watch this. | 看好了 |
What does White do here? | 白棋现在该怎么办 |
- Queen takes pawn. - Queen takes pawn. | -后吃兵-后吃兵 |
Rook to king eight. Check. | 象到王线4将军 |
Queen falls. | 后被吃了 |
- That's Mieses-Reshevsky. - Yeah. | -那是米斯对战雷谢夫斯基的棋局-没错 |
- From the '30s. - Very good. Margate, 1935. | -30年代的-非常好马盖特于1935年记载的 |
White played rook to queen one. | 白棋走象到后线1 |
What else has he got? | 他还有什么招 |
All right, I gotta go. | 行了我得走了 |
Hey, you know what? | 知道吗 |
Reshevsky, he was playing like that... | 雷谢夫斯基走这个开局的时候 |
back when he was your age, little girl. | 大概就是你现在这个年龄 |
Or even younger. | 或更年轻 |
Are you playing? | 你比赛吗 |
Oh, what, here? | 什么在这吗 |
Nah, nah. | 不不 |
Just come through, see some old friends. | 就来看看见见老朋友 |
And plus, playing too many opens... | 再说比太多公开赛 |
it can only hurt me, you know what I mean? | 只让我伤心你懂吗 |
Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
- Hello. - Hello. | -你好-你好 |
Beth Harmon. Where am I playing? | 贝丝·哈蒙我在哪桌 |
It's table 15, right over there. | 15桌就在那边 |
- Thank you. - You're welcome. | -谢谢-不客气 |
- Beth Harmon. - Shit. | -贝丝·哈蒙-见鬼 |
Stupid... | 蠢东西 |
- Harmon? - What are you two doing here? | -哈蒙-你们在这干什么 |
Losing mostly. | 大部分输棋来着 |
We're on the university team now. Second and third alternate. | 我们现在进大学校队了二三位替补 |
Oh, I'm sorry we won't get to play. | 抱歉我们没法比了 |
We're not. You destroy everyone you play, Harmon. | 确实你跟谁比对方都输哈蒙 |
- I can only lose so much. - That's the truth. | -我可不输不起那么多-没错 |
I said slow down! | 我说了慢点 |
Isn't that skating rink a little close to the bowling alley? | 这个溜冰场是不是里保龄球道太近了 |
Do you mind? | 能小声点吗 |
- Sorry. - It works out. You see, it... | -抱歉-这样很合理你瞧 |
It keeps the bowlers cool, and you automatically... | 这能让打保龄的人凉快然后你就自然而然... |
What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
Replaying my earlier games. | 重现我之前的棋局 |
What on earth for? | 这是为了什么 |
Looking for weaknesses in my play. | 寻找我棋法里的漏洞和弱点 |
I see. | 这样 |
And? | 然后呢 |
There aren't any. | 没有弱点 |
Good girl. | 乖女儿 |
It's so much more exciting than I imagined. | 这比我想得精彩多了 |
Did you watch the whole game? | 你看了整场比赛吗 |
Of course. | 当然 |
Beth. | 贝丝 |
When he brought out his rook, then took that pawn... | 当他用象吃掉兵的时候 |
I thought you were done for. I should have known better. | 我以为你要输了我真是太天真了 |
Yes, you should have. | 对你太天真了 |
Elizabeth, | 伊丽莎白 |
aren't you going to introduce me to your friends? | 给我介绍下你的朋友吧 |
Sorry, | 不好意思 |
Matt, Mike, this is my mom. | 马特迈克这是我妈妈 |
Mike, nice to meet you. | 迈克幸会 |
- Nice to meet you. - And I'm Matt. | -幸会-我是马特 |
- A pleasure. - Nice to meet you. | -幸会-幸会 |
Well, I don't know about you young people, but I'm famished. | 我不知道你们年轻人怎么样我可饿坏了 |
There's a restaurant in the hotel lobby. | 酒店大堂就有餐厅 |
- Show us the way? - Sure. | -带我们去吧-好的 |
I can't make up my mind which one is more handsome. | 我说不好他俩谁更帅 |
I'd like to play in the US Open. | 我想参加美国公开赛 |
You might win it. | 你可能赢呢 |
Would that lead to playing abroad? | 那样能出国比赛吗 |
In Europe, I mean? | 去欧洲 |
No reason why not. They have to know you before they invite you. | 没什么不可能他们必须得知道你才会邀请你 |
Would winning the Open make them know about me? | 赢了美国公开赛能让他们知道我吗 |
Hell yes! | 当然 |
Benny Watts plays in Europe all the time now | 本尼·瓦茨现在一直在欧洲比赛 |
that he has his international title. | 都获得国际冠军了 |
How's the prize money? | 奖金如何 |
Pretty good, I think. | 应该很丰厚吧 |
Hm? What's pretty good? | 有多丰厚 |
More than in the States. | 比美国多 |
What about Russia? | 那苏联呢 |
The Soviets are murder. | 苏联人就是杀手 |
They eat Americans for breakfast over there. | 他们能把美国人当早饭吃了 |
I don't think there's been an American with a prayer | 我觉得过去20年里没有美国棋手 |
against them in 20 years. | 敢想着打败他们 |
It's like ballet. | 就像芭蕾一样 |
They pay people to play chess. | 他们付钱让人们去下象棋 |
We should probably go. We don't wanna be late. | 我们该走了可不能迟到对吧 |
This one's for all the marbles. | 这次是为了获胜 |
Five hundred of them to be exact. | 一共500美元奖金呢 |
That's Rudolph. He's a master. | 那是鲁道夫他是特级大师 |
Beth cannot be happy about being crowded into an ending | 贝丝肯定不喜欢这样被困在一个只有 |
with a rook, a knight, and three pawns. | 一车一马三兵的残局里 |
It's so complicated. | 好复杂 |
And that's check. | 将军了 |
And that's mate. | 将死 |
I've allowed 12 dollars for our celebration supper tonight, | 今晚晚餐庆祝的预算是12美元 |
and two dollars for a small breakfast in the morning. | 明早可以吃个2美元的简单早餐 |
That makes our total expenses, so far, $172.30. | 这样的话我们的总开销就是172.3美元 |
Which leaves over 300 dollars. | 就还剩300美元 |
Beth. | 贝丝 |
I was thinking... | 我在想 |
perhaps you could give me 10%, as an agent's commission? | 或许你可以给我10%的提成作为经纪人佣金 |
Let's make it 15%. | 15%吧 |
Which would be 49 dollars and 54 cents. | 那样就是49元54分 |
They told me at Methuen you were marvelous at math. | 之前梅休因的人就说你数学很好 |
"Schoolgirl beats Grandmaster in Pittsburgh." | "女学生在匹兹堡击败特级大师" |
"Onlookers were amazed at her youthful fine points of strategy." | "观赛者惊叹于她新奇独到的战术" |
"She shows the assurance of a player twice her age." | "她展现出比同龄人多一倍的信心" |
That's national recognition, dear. | 这是国家认可了亲爱的 |
I'm afraid she's had a bit of a relapse. | 恐怕她又复发了 |
The doctor wants to keep her in bed for a few more days. | 医生想让她在卧床休息几天 |
I'm sure she'll be better by Monday. | 我想她周一肯定会好多了 |
One of the worst colds I've ever seen in a child. | 我见过孩子所患最严重的感冒了 |
The poor dear. | 可怜的小家伙 |
We're gonna be late. | 我们要迟到了 |
Yeah. | 对 |
Lots of liquids. | 多多喝水 |
- Thank you. - You're Welcome. | -谢谢-不客气 |
There's a tournament in Huston over the holidays, | 过节时休斯顿有个锦标赛 |
starting on the 26th. | 从26号开始 |
I understand it's very easy to travel on Christmas Day | 我知道在圣诞节出门很容易 |
since most people are home eating plum pudding or whatever. | 因为大多数人都在家吃杏子布丁什么的 |
I saw that one, too. | 我也看到那个比赛了 |
I believe we could fly to Huston, | 我想我们可以飞过去 |
have a very pleasant winter vacation in the sun. | 晒着太阳过个惬意的冬天 |
Do girly things. | 做点女孩的事 |
I hear they have a very lovely beauty spa at the hotel. | 我听说酒店有个很不错的水疗按摩 |
Yes, Mother. | 好的母亲 |
She has a fever of 101. | 她高烧发到38.3度 |
Must be the flu. | 肯定是流感 |
She won't be back until after the holidays. | 她要节日以后才能回来了 |
They're calling you a wunderkind. | 人们说你是神童 |
I might have to start keeping a scrapbook. | 我最好开始做个剪贴本了 |
How's your meal? | 你吃的如何 |
This might be the best Christmas I've ever had. | 这可能是我最快乐的一个圣诞节了 |
It's good. | 很好喝 |
Is that a martini? | 是马丁尼吗 |
Gibson. | 吉布森鸡尾酒 |
I find the onion slightly more refined than the olive. | 我觉得洋葱比橄榄更小资 |
苏联象棋锦标赛 瓦西里·博尔戈夫蝉联获胜 | |
I should probably learn how to speak Russian. | 我或许该学学怎么说俄语 |
Do they teach that at Fairfield? | 费尔菲尔德教这个吗 |
I'd have to take a night class at the junior college. | 我得去大专上夜校 |
The kids would all be older than you. | 那些孩子都会比你大 |
And by kids, I mean boys. | 而且所谓孩子就是男孩 |
They say you're the real thing. | 他们说你是货真价实的天才棋手 |
That's it, honey, hold it up so we can see it. | 就这样亲爱的拿稳了让我们看到 |
So, can you tell the readers of life how it feels? | 你能告诉读者这种生活是怎样的吗 |
I mean, to be a girl among all those men? | 一堆男人中只有你一个女孩 |
I don't mind it. | 我不介意 |
Isn't it intimidating? | 很吓人吗 |
I mean, when I was a girl, I wasn't allowed to be competitive. | 我还是女孩的时候大人不让我争强好胜 |
I played with dolls. | 我就玩玩娃娃 |
- Chess isn't always competitive. - No, but you play to win. | -象棋并不总是争强好胜-对但你是为了赢 |
Yes, but chess can also be... | 对不过象棋也可以 |
What? | 怎么 |
Beautiful. | 很美 |
You're an orphan, Beth. | 你是个孤儿贝丝 |
Yes, I know that. | 对我知道 |
No, yes, of course you do. | 不是你当然知道 |
I was wondering how you learned to play chess. | 我是想问你是怎么学会下棋的 |
Mr. Shaibel taught me. | 夏贝先生教我的 |
He was the janitor at Methuen. | 他以前是梅休因孤儿院的管理员 |
A janitor taught you how to play? Really? | 一个管理员教你下象棋吗真的假的 |
When I was eight. | 在我8岁的时候 |
I imagine... | 我猜 |
it must have been such a distraction from life | 这在你阴郁沉闷的生活中 |
in such a depressing place. | 肯定让你快乐了不少 |
You must have been very lonely. | 你肯定很寂寞 |
I'm fine being alone. | 我不介意一个人 |
Do you imagine that you saw the king as a father, | 你是否把王想成父亲 |
and the queen as a mother? | 把后想成母亲呢 |
I mean, one to attack, one to protect? | 一个进攻另一个保护 |
They're just pieces. | 它们只是棋子 |
And anyway it was the board I noticed first. | 反正最开始吸引我的是棋盘 |
The board? | 棋盘 |
Yes. | 对 |
It's an entire world of just 64 squares. | 那是个由64个方格组成的世界 |
I feel... | 我感觉 |
safe in it. | 在里面很安全 |
I can control it, I can dominate it. | 我能控制它我能主宰它 |
And it's predictable. | 而且可预料 |
So, if I get hurt, I only have myself to blame. | 如果我受伤了那也只能怪自己 |
How interesting. | 真有意思 |
Tell me, Elizabeth. | 告诉我伊丽莎白 |
Have you ever heard of something called apophenia? | 你听说过幻想性错觉吗 |
No, what's that? | 没有那是什么 |
It's the finding of pattern or meaning where other people don't. | 是找到别人看不到的模式或意义 |
Sometimes, people with this condition get feelings | 有时还有这种症状的人会有 |
of revelation or ecstasies. | 陶醉或狂喜的情绪 |
Sometimes, people find patterns or meaning where there aren't any. | 有时他们会寻找根本不存在的模式或意义 |
What does that have to do with me? | 这跟我有什么关系 |
Creativity and psychosis often go hand in hand. | 创造力和精神分裂经常同时出现 |
Or, for that matter, genius and madness. | 或换句话说天才在左疯子在右 |
You think I'm crazy? | 你觉得我疯了吗 |
- No, of course not. I was just asking-- - I think that's enough. | -不当然不是我只是想问-我觉得差不多了 |
Beth has homework to finish. | 贝丝还有作业 |
She is, after all, still a young woman in school. | 她毕竟还是个上学的孩子 |
- Just like all the other kids her age. - Yes, of course. | -就像她的同龄人一样-当然 |
- It was an honor to meet you. - Thanks. | -很荣幸见到你-谢谢 |
You know... | 知道吗 |
you might try bridge. | 你该学学桥牌 |
- I hear a lot of chess players enjoy it. - I'll show you out. | -我听说很多象棋手喜欢玩-我送你出去 |
"With some people, chess is a pastime." | "对一些人而言象棋是消遣" |
"With others, it is a compulsion, even an addiction." | "而其他人是强迫症甚至是上瘾" |
"And every now and then, a person comes along | "然而时不常的会出现这样一个人 |
for whom it is a birthright." | 于他而言象棋是天命" |
Now and then, a small boy appears | 时不常的会有个小男孩 |
and dazzles us with his precocity, | 用他的天赋和早慧 |
at what may be the world's most difficult game." | 在世上最难的游戏上惊诧众人" |
"But what if that boy were a girl?" | "但如果这个男孩其实是女孩呢" |
"A young, unsmiling girl, with brown eyes, | "一位年轻寡笑的女孩有着棕色瞳仁 |
red hair, and a dark blue dress?" | 姜红头发身穿深蓝裙装" |
We started a chess club. | 我们有象棋社了 |
"Into the male-dominated world | "在这个男人主宰的世界 |
of the nation's top chess tournaments, | 全国顶级象棋锦标赛中 |
strolls a teenage girl with bright, intense eyes, | 闯入一位带着明亮坚毅眼神的少女 |
from Fairfield High School in Lexington, Kentucky." | 她来自肯塔基州莱克星顿的费尔菲尔德高中" |
"She is quiet, well-mannered, | "她少言寡语彬彬有礼 |
and out for blood." | 在棋场大开杀戒" |
"Beth Harmon... " | "贝丝·哈蒙" |
Where was I? | 写我的呢 |
It's all Greek, all of a sudden. | 突然全是希腊文了 |
It's okay, I've heard enough. | 没事我听够了 |
I don't know why my body is so intent on sabotaging my brain, | 不知道为什么我的身体这么执意要摧毁我的脑子 |
when my brain is perfectly capable of sabotaging itself. | 明明我的脑子完全能自我摧毁 |
It's mostly about my being a girl. | 大多是关于我是个女孩 |
Well, you are one. | 你的确是 |
It shouldn't be that important. | 但这点不该这么重要 |
They didn't print half the things I said. | 我说的话他们一半都没写 |
They didn't tell about Mr. Shaibel, | 他们没说夏贝先生 |
and they didn't say anything about how I play the Sicilian. | 他们没说任何关于我怎么下西西里开局的事 |
Beth, dear, it makes you a celebrity. | 贝丝亲爱的你成名人了 |
Yeah, for being a girl. | 对全因为我是个女孩 |
Did you ever think maybe it's the drinking | 你有没有想过也许是喝酒 |
that's making you sick? | 让你身体不舒服的 |
Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
I've flirted with alcohol most of my life. | 我已经调戏了酒大半辈子 |
If anything, I think | 就算有什么我想 |
it's high time I consummated the relationship. | 现在也是我们同房的时刻了 |
To motherhood. | 敬母亲 |
Beth? | 贝丝 |
We're having a pledge party, | 我们要开入会派对 |
Friday night, my house. | 周五晚在我家 |
The other Apple Pis asked me to invite you. | 其他苹果派的姑娘让我邀请你 |
- Friday night? - 7:30. | -周五晚-7点半 |
Can you make it? | 你能来吗 |
It was really something | 真了不起 |
to see you in the newspaper all those times. | 一直看到你登报 |
All those places you've been, which was your favorite? | 你去了那么多地方最喜欢哪里 |
I liked Houston. | 我喜欢休斯顿 |
But now that my rating's up to 1800, | 但现在我等级分已经1800了 |
I hope to go to Las Vegas | 我希望能去拉斯维加斯 |
to play in the US Open next month. | 参加下个月的美国公开赛 |
What about the boys? | 那男孩呢 |
Are they good-looking? | 他们帅吗 |
Do you date any of them? | 你跟他们约会过吗 |
There's not really much time for that. | 其实没时间关注那些 |
But if you had the time... | 但如果你有时间 |
is there anyone you've met that you'd like to... | 如果有你喜欢的人你想跟他 |
trade rooks with, or whatever? | "切磋"的棋手 |
I mean, I trade rooks all the time, but it's not-- | 我一直跟棋手切磋棋艺但不是 |
I bet you do. | 我想也是 |
Now, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
Hullabaloo proudly presents | 哈利布鲁荣幸地为大家介绍 |
your favorite band from Turtle Creek... | 来自特特尔克里克各位最爱的乐队 |
- Thank you, Dora. - ...The Vogues! | -谢谢朵拉-潮流乐队 |
- Who wants a cupcake? - Yes, please. | -谁想要纸杯蛋糕-太好了 |
I love this song. Turn it up. | 我喜欢这首歌大声点 |
Every time we meet | 每次我们相遇 |
Everything is sweet | 一切都甜如蜜 |
Oh, you're so tender I must surrender | 你如此温柔令我沦陷 |
My love is your love now and forever | 我的爱就是你的爱直到永远 |
You're the one that I long to kiss | 我渴望亲吻你 |
Baby you're the one that I really miss | 宝贝我最想念的就是你 |
You're the one that I'm dreaming of | 我梦里出现的人是你 |
Baby, you're the one that I love... | 宝贝我爱的人是你 |
I'm gonna use the bathroom. | 我去下厕所 |
Harmon? | 哈蒙 |
Townes? | 陶恩斯 |
That is you. | 真的是你 |
My stars! You look... | 天呐你看上去 |
Thanks. | 谢谢 |
You're welcome. | 不客气 |
I thought we might bump into each other | 我看到你的名字在锦标赛名单上时 |
when I saw your name on the tournament list. | 就想着我们可能会见面 |
- I didn't see yours. - I'm not playing. | -我没看见你的-我不参赛 |
Chess Review sent me to write it up. | 《象棋天下》让我来写文章 |
Must confess, I was hoping to see you here last year. | 我不得不说去年我就希望能遇到你 |
I was supposed to. | 我本来是要来 |
I even paid the fee, but my mother got sick. | 连参赛费都交了但我母亲生病了 |
- And I didn't want to come alone. - She all right? | -我不想一个人来-她还好吗 |
Fine. | 还好 |
I should have come on my own, | 我应该一个人来 |
but I told myself | 但我告诉自己 |
that the Open's not as important as the US Championships. | 公开赛没有全美锦标赛重要 |
Oh, no. No, it's not. | 不确实 |
But I'm sure glad you came. | 但我很开心你来了 |
It's probably a good idea for me to play in something | 或许这样也好能参加一些 |
other than the events I pick for the money. | 不仅仅是赢奖金的比赛 |
Looks like you're making a lot. | 看起来你赚了不少 |
Yeah, I guess so. | 对是不少 |
Still, you could become a world-class player, be a real pro. | 不过你可以成为一个世界级的象棋手专业棋手 |
- I started taking Russian at night. - Oh, that's smart. | -我晚上在上俄语课-很明智 |
Don't wanna plateau. | 不想遇到瓶颈期 |
No, plateaus are the worst. | 那是瓶颈期最要命了 |
And you're far too old to be called a prodigy anymore. | 而且你现在大了已经不能叫你神童了 |
I should do something on you for the magazine. | 我该给杂志写点关于你的故事 |
- I was on the cover last month. - Of course. | -上个月我是杂志封面-当然 |
I must have got it mixed up with the one in Life magazine. | 我肯定是和《生活》杂志搞混了 |
I also work for the Herald-Leader. | 我还在《哈罗德先驱者》工作 |
In Lexington? | 莱克星顿那个吗 |
I could do a half-page on you for Sunday's paper. | 我可以在周日报上写半页你的专题报道 |
- Won't be as big a deal as Life, but-- - Yeah, sure. | -虽然不及《生活》影响力那么大但是-好啊 |
If you want to. | 如果你想 |
I got a camera in my room. | 我的房间里有相机 |
In your room? | 你的房间 |
Chess boards, too. We could play. | 也有象棋我们可以下几局 |
Okay. | 好吧 |
Let's go up. | 我们上去吧 |
Why don't you sit over by the window? | 不如你去窗户边坐吧 |
- Uh, may I... - Oh, yeah, just toss them. | -我能...-可以随便放就行 |
I wasn't ready. | 我没准备好 |
You look great. | 你看着很棒 |
Scooch to your left. | 往左边一点 |
That's right. | 没错 |
Say... | 说 |
"Ruy Lopez. " | "西班牙开局" |
You could go by the board. | 你可以坐到棋盘旁 |
Okay. | 好 |
I see you've done this before. | 看起来你不是新手 |
Do you want me to play? | 你想让我下棋吗 |
Sure. Black to move. | 行走黑棋 |
All right, slow down. | 悠着点 |
Yeah, that's more my-my speed. | 对这才是我的速度 |
You've grown up, Harmon. | 你长大了哈蒙 |
You've even gotten good-looking. | 你甚至变美了 |
I don't even know your first name. | 我还不知道你的名字 |
Everyone calls me Townes. | 大家都叫我陶恩斯 |
Maybe that's why I call you Harmon, instead of Elizabeth. | 或许正因为此我才叫你哈蒙而不是伊丽莎白 |
It's Beth. | 是贝丝 |
I like Harmon. | 我喜欢哈蒙 |
- Roger. - I'm not interrupting, am I? | -罗杰-我没打扰你们吧 |
Th-That's okay. Uh, We're just... | 没关系我们只是... |
Beth Harmon, this is Roger Dione. | 贝丝·哈蒙这是罗杰·迪翁 |
Harmon? The chess prodigy. | 哈蒙那个象棋天才 |
- I've heard so much about you. - Nice to meet you. | -久仰大名了-很高兴认识你 |
I thought you were gonna play some baccarat? | 我以为你要去打牌玩百家乐呢 |
Thought I'd quit while I was behind and go read by the pool. | 我想着输钱了就走人吧正好去泳池边看书 |
You two carry on. I'll be gone in a minute. | 你们继续我马上就走 |
- Let's play chess. - Okay. | -我们下棋吧-好 |
Thanks. | 谢谢 |
Right. | 好了 |
Here we go. | 开始吧 |
Pleasure to meet you, Beth. | 很高兴认识你贝丝 |
You too. | 你也是 |
Dinner's at nine. | 晚餐9点 |
Don't forget. | 别忘了 |
Marge, did your aunt leave you everything? | 玛格你阿姨真的把一切都留给你了吗 |
I was her only heir. | 我是她唯一的继承人 |
Where have you been, honey? | 你去哪了亲爱的 |
You've been gone for hours. | 你走了好几个小时 |
- Playing chess. - I don't Wanna talk about it. | -在下棋-我不想谈这个 |
- Practicing. - Okay. | -练习-好吧 |
That's all? | 就这样 |
Yeah, that's all. | 就这样 |
Well, it's the perfume I use that makes me smell so nice. | 是香水让我这么好闻 |
肯塔基 D·L·陶恩斯 | |
Do me a favor and hand me a beer on the desk over there? | 你能帮忙把桌子上的啤酒拿给我吗 |
What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
I think I've got one. I think I've got a gimmick. | 我觉得我有一个花招 |
A gimmick is an angle that works for you. | 花招就是一个能对你有作用的方法 |
To keep you from working too hard for yourself. | 为了不让你为工作太辛苦 |
- Simple. - Specifically, what is your angle? | -很简单-具体来说你的方法是什么 |
Specifically... | 具体来说 |
I suppose you've never had beer. | 你没喝过啤酒吧 |
- All right, Sam. - Here. | -好吧山姆-来 |
Come here. | 来这里 |
My father used to work here as a mill hand. | 我父亲以前在这里当磨坊工人 |
So did mine. When he was sober. | 我父亲也是当他清醒的时候 |
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Not so fast. | 悠着点别喝这么快 |
Now, you're even. | 现在你扯平了 |
Now, I'm even. | 现在扯平了 |
I was 21 when I took it over. It had 3,000 workers then. | 我接手时才21岁当时有三千员工 |
It's got 30,000 now. | 现在有三万 |
Ran as far as that gate, | 之前一直到那扇门那边 |
now it goes down to the edge of the river. | 现在能到河旁边 |
And I did it all by myself. | 全都靠我一个人 |
- Without Walter, without-- - I'd like another. | -没有沃尔特没有-我想再来一瓶 |
- All by myself. - You really shouldn't. | -全都靠我一个人-你不能喝了 |
Half of this should make quite a score. | 这一半应该非常有价值 |
All right. | 好吧 |
But if you're gonna have one, get me one, too. | 如果你要去拿一瓶也给我拿一瓶 |
That's What I had in mind. | 我也是这么想的 |
You went out of here a dirty kid once before, | 之前你离开这里像一个落魄的小孩 |
that can happen again. | 这有可能再次发生 |
Escape from clothesline drudgery, | 逃离晾衣绳的麻烦 |
but listen to Jinx first. | 但先听听金克丝怎么说 |
When you buy your dryer, be sure you get the best kind, | 买烘干机时一定要买最好的 |
a gas dryer. | 气体烘干机 |
Your most delicate fabrics are safe in a gas dryer. | 最精细的布料放在气体烘干机里很安全 |
See? A gentle stream of warm air | 看到了吗一股暖流 |
sends the clothes' moisture away. | 把衣服上的湿气吹走了 |
My first match was against this guy from Oklahoma. | 我的第一个对手是这个来自俄克拉荷马的人 |
It was all over in two dozen moves. | 24步就结束了 |
Then, this guy from San Francisco. | 然后就是一个来自旧金山的人 |
I played the Marshall. | 我使用了马歇尔反击 |
Um, sacrificed my queen, the Way that Paul Morphy did one time. | 牺牲了后保罗·墨菲曾经做过一次 |
One more. | 再来一杯 |
What about, um... | 那个人 |
What's his name? The one you told me about. | 他叫什么来着你告诉过我 |
Bobby something? | 好像是波比 |
- Benny Watts. - Yes, him. | -本尼·瓦茨-就是他 |
No losses, but one draw. | 没输过但是有一个平局 |
Queens Gambit Declined is so well respected. | 使用拒后翼弃兵很受尊重 |
I've seen him a couple of times. | 我见过他几次 |
Always got a crowd around him. | 身边总有一群人 |
Well, of course, he's the US Champion. | 当然了他是美国冠军 |
He's Benny Watts. | 他是本尼·瓦茨 |
Some people say he's the most talented American player | 有些人说继墨菲之后他是最有天赋的 |
since Morphy. | 美国棋手 |
I read about a game he played in Copenhagen, | 我读过他在哥本哈根下的一局棋 |
a draw against Naj Dorf. | 一场对阵纳尔·多夫的平局 |
That was in 1948, | 那是在1948年 |
which means that Benny was eight years old. | 也就是说本尼那时八岁 |
I've seen a picture of him at 13 | 我见过一张他在13岁的照片 |
in front of a whole bunch of sailors. | 站在一群水手前面 |
He played against the entire team | 他和安纳波利斯的 |
at Annapolis without losing a game. | 整支队伍对弈过没输过一场 |
Sounds like someone else I know. | 听起来像我认识的一个人 |
When I was nine, I was playing Mr. Shaibel in the basement. | 我九岁的时候和夏贝先生在地下室下棋 |
Anyway, I'm not afraid of him. | 无论如何我不怕他 |
I don't suppose there's anyone you're afraid of. | 我不觉得你会怕什么人 |
There is one player that scares me. | 有一个棋手吓到了我 |
Who? | 谁 |
The Russian. | 那个俄国人 |
Borgov. | 博尔戈夫 |
It's a lot more of a dynamic game than the Caro. | 比卡罗防御的变化多得多 |
Which is not the case with QGD versus Slav. | 但拒后翼弃兵对上斯拉夫开局就不一样了 |
You're Beth Harmon. | 你是贝丝·哈蒙 |
Yes. | 对 |
I saw the piece in Life. | 我看到《生活》杂志的采访了 |
Game they printed, that was a pretty one. | 他们发表的那场比赛很精彩 |
The one with you and Beltik. | 你和贝尔蒂克下的那场 |
Thank you. | 多谢 |
- I'm, uh, Benny Watts. - I know. | -我是本尼·瓦茨-我知道 |
We met a couple of years ago in Cincinnati. | 我们几年前在辛辛那提见过 |
Didn't meet, but we spoke. | 没交手但是说过话 |
- Cincinnati? - You didn't play that year. | -辛辛那提-你那年没参加比赛 |
Okay, I'll take your word for it. | 好吧我相信你 |
Guess I'll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
You shouldn't have castled. | 你不应该使用王车易位 |
In your game with Beltik. | 那场和贝尔蒂克的对局 |
I needed to get the rook out. | 我得救我的车 |
Well, you could have lost your advantage. | 你那么做很可能会失去优势 |
I don't think so. | 我不这么认为 |
He plays pawn-takes-pawn. You can't take back. | 他要是兵吃兵你就救不回来了 |
Wait a minute. | 等等 |
I can't. I got an adjournment I gotta go play. | 不行我还有盘棋要回去下 |
But set it up, think it out. | 但模拟一下想一想 |
Your problem is your queen knight. | 你的问题在于后翼马 |
I don't Want to set it up and think it out. | 我不想再模拟和思考 |
Beltik could have beat me. | 贝尔蒂克本能击败我 |
But he didn't. | 他没有 |
Yes, but he could have. | 但是他有机会 |
What's worse is I didn't even see it. | 更糟的是我都没有看出来 |
Benny Watts, just by reading about a player | 本尼·瓦茨仅仅是读了一名 |
he knows nothing about, | 他不认识的棋手 |
he picks it up. | 他就明白了 |
I was so proud of myself when I found an error in a Morphy game, | 当我发现墨菲棋局中的错误时我很自豪 |
and now someone's done it to me. | 现在有人也发现了我的错误 |
Stop thinking about what might have happened in the past, | 别再想以前可能发生什么了 |
and get some sleep. | 睡觉吧 |
So stupid! | 太傻了 |
Pawn to bishop four, right? | 兵走象线第四格对吗 |
Yes. | 没错 |
I thought he could see what I was planning. | 我以为他能看出来我的打算 |
I thought he could hear my heart beating, | 我以为他能听到我的心跳 |
and know how panicked I was. | 知道我深陷恐慌 |
He still had time to get out of it. | 他仍然有时间解局 |
But he took the piece just as I planned. | 但他走了我希望他走的子 |
I went into that game with a perfect score. | 开始对局之前我是满胜晋级 |
Benny had two draws, so a draw would give me the title. | 本尼有两个平局所以一场平局我就能赢 |
I wanted to win. | 但我想赢 |
I wanted to hammer his weaknesses. | 我想打击他的弱点 |
I wanted to show that fucking pirate that I could beat him, | 我想告诉那个该死的海盗我能获胜 |
even though I didn't play the way he thought I should. | 即便我没有按他设想的那样下棋 |
Then, he captured my center pawn, my protected pawn, | 但后来他吃掉了我中间的兵受保护的兵 |
the pawn that had held his queen to her corner | 那个在大半场比赛中都把他的后 |
for most of the game. | 压制到角落的兵 |
I don't understand. | 我不懂 |
He forced an exchange of queens. | 他逼我以后换后 |
Couldn't believe it. | 简直不敢相信 |
And then I saw what it meant. | 然后我就想通了 |
With the pawn gone, I was open to a rook-bishop mate, | 那个兵没了我就有可能被车和象将杀 |
because of the bishop on the open diagonal. | 因为象处在开放斜对角线上 |
I could protect my retreating knight | 我可以把一个车移过去 |
by moving one of the rooks over, | 保护马撤退 |
but the protection wouldn't last, | 但这种保护不会持久 |
because his fucking, innocent-looking knight | 因为他那该死的看起来没什么用的马 |
would block my king's escape. | 阻挡了王的逃脱路线 |
The more I looked, the worse it all became. | 我越看形势就越糟糕 |
Caught me completely off guard. | 让我完全措手不及 |
It was brutal. | 太残忍了 |
It's the kind of thing I did to other people. | 这是我对其他人做过的事 |
Kind of thing that Morphy did, and I missed it. | 墨菲也是这样但我漏掉了 |
I'd been thinking about doubled pawns. | 我一直在想叠兵 |
You were thinking about winning. | 你只想要赢 |
What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
I needed a counterthreat. | 我需要反击 |
A move that would stop him in his tracks, but there wasn't any. | 可以阻止他的一步但是我没找到 |
I spent half an hour studying the board, | 我用了半个小时研究棋盘 |
and decided that Benny's move was even sounder than I thought. | 然后发现本尼的走子比我想象的还要合理 |
I thought maybe I could trade my way out of it | 我以为如果他进攻得太快了 |
if he attacked too fast, but... | 我就能找到一条出路但 |
he was careful. | 他很小心 |
I had to retreat, but he kept coming. | 我不得不撤退他却不断向前 |
I wanted to scream. | 我很想尖叫 |
You resign, now. | 你该认输了 |
Tough game. | 困难的一局 |
You'll split the prize money. | 你们会平分奖金 |
You'll be co-champions. | 你们都是冠军 |
You will still get a trophy, albeit a smaller one. | 你仍然会得到一个奖杯尽管较小 |
It happens all the time. | 这种事经常发生 |
I made some inquiries. | 我查过了 |
The Open Championship is often shared. | 公开赛经常会有双冠军 |
I didn't see what he was doing. | 我看不出来他在做什么 |
You can't finesse everything all the time. | 你不可能总是事事完美 |
Nobody can. | 没有人能 |
You don't know anything about chess. | 你一点都不懂象棋 |
- I know what it feels like to lose. - Yeah, I bet you do. | -我知道输是什么感觉-可不是嘛 |
And now you do, too. | 现在你也知道了 |
Harmon! | 哈蒙 |
I'm sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
Why? | 为什么 |
I know how badly you wanted to beat Benny. | 我知道你有多想打败本尼 |
You'll get another shot. | 你还会有机会的 |
Doesn't matter. | 无所谓了 |
Give my best to Roger. | 代我向罗杰问好 |
Beth! | 贝丝 |
Why does the sun go on shining? | 为什么太阳仍然闪耀 |
Why does the sea rush to shore? | 为什么海浪更迭不息 |
Don't they know | 它们难道不知道 |
It's the end of the world? | 这就是世界末日 |
When you don't love me anymore | 当你不再爱我 |
Why does my heart go on beating? | 为什么心脏仍在跳动 |
Why do these eyes of mine cry? | 为什么眼睛悲伤低泣 |
Don't they know | 它们难道不知道 |
It's the end of the world? | 这就是世界末日 |
It ended when you said goodbye | 当你跟我告别 |
I Wake up in the morning and I wonder | 今早我醒来困惑不已 |
Why everything's the same as it was | 为什么一切仍是原样 |
And I can't understand | 我也不能理解 |
Why life goes on the way it does | 为什么生活会这样继续 |
Why do the birds go on singing? | 为什么鸟儿仍在歌唱 |
Why do the stars shine above? | 为什么星星闪亮夜空 |
Don't they know | 它们难道不知道 |
It's the end of the world? | 这就是世界末日 |
It ended | 当你 |
When you said | 跟我 |
Good-bye | 告别 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“女王的棋局”