乔布斯英语演讲:斯坦福大学2005年毕业典礼上的演讲(10)

I was lucky – I found what I loved to do early in life. Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a billion company with over 4000 employees. We had just released our finest creation - the Macintosh - a year earlier, and I had just turned 30. And then I got fired. How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew we hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well. But then our visions of the future began to diverge and eventually we had a falling out. When we did, our Board of Directors sided with him. So at 30 I was out. And very publicly out. What had been the focus of my entire adult life was gone, and it was devastating.

我非常幸运, 因为我在很早的时候就找到了我钟爱的东西。Woz和我在二十岁的时候就在父母的车库里面开创了苹果公司。我们工作得很努力, 十年之后, 这个公司从那两个车库中的穷光蛋发展到了超过四千名的雇员、价值超过二十亿的大公司。在公司成立的第九年,我们刚刚发布了最好的产品,那就是Macintosh。我也快要到三十岁了。在那一年, 我被炒了鱿鱼。你怎么可能被你自己创立的公司炒了鱿鱼呢? 嗯,在苹果快速成长的时候,我们雇用了一个很有天分的家伙和我一起管理这个公司, 在最初的几年,公司运转的很好。但是后来我们对未来的看法发生了分歧, 最终我们吵了起来。当争吵不可开交的时候, 董事会站在了他的那一边。所以在三十岁的时候, 我被炒了。在这么多人的眼皮下我被炒了。在而立之年,我生命的全部支柱离自己远去, 这真是毁灭性的打击。

loved to do sth

喜欢做某事

1.My son loves to draw with colored crayons.
我儿子喜欢用彩色蜡笔画画。

2.My wife loves to go shopping with her girlfriends
我的妻子喜欢和她的闺蜜去购物

3.I love to go skating.
我喜欢滑冰。

have talent to do sth.

有做...的天赋

1.I believe my son has talent to draw .
我相信我儿子是绘画的天赋。

2.I think I have talent to play computer games
我认为我有玩电脑游戏的天赋。

3.She has talent to eat spicy food
她有吃辛辣食物的天赋。

hire sb to do sth

雇佣某人做某事

1.You should hire someone to help you.
你应该雇个人来帮助你。

2.Did he hire you to kill me?
他雇你来杀我吗?

3.I'd love to hire you to sweep my apartment
我想雇你打扫我的公寓

欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

你可能感兴趣的:(乔布斯英语演讲:斯坦福大学2005年毕业典礼上的演讲(10))