英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Here we are, ma'am, Crawley House. | 我们到了夫人卡劳利公馆 |
For good or ill. | 好歹来了 |
I still don't see why I couldn't just refuse it. | 我还是不明白为什么我不能直接推辞 |
There's no mechanism for you to do so. | 你无法这么做 |
You will be an earl. You will inherit the estate. | 你将成为伯爵并继承庄园 |
Of course, you can throw it away when you have it. | 当然继承之后你想败家弃位也行 |
That's up to you. | 这都取决于你 |
Can I help? | 有事吗 |
I'm Molesley, sir, | 我是莫斯利先生 |
your butler and valet. | 您的管家兼贴身侍从 |
Mr Molesley, I'm afraid... | 莫斯利先生恐怕... |
May I introduce ourselves? | 我谨自我介绍一下 |
I am Mrs Crawley | 我是卡劳利夫人 |
and this is my son, Mr Matthew Crawley. | 这是我儿子马修·卡劳利先生 |
I'll just give Mr Taylor a hand with the cases. | 我先去帮泰勒先生搬行李 |
- I can... - Thank you, Molesley. | -我能...-谢谢你莫斯利 |
I won't let them change me. | 我不会让他们改变我的 |
Why would they want to? | 为什么他们会改变你 |
Mother, Lord Grantham has made the unwelcome discovery | 妈妈格兰瑟姆伯爵不幸发现 |
that his heir is a middle-class lawyer | 他的继承人是一名中产阶级律师 |
and the son of a middle-class doctor. | 是一名中产阶级的医生的儿子 |
Upper middle class. | 是中上阶级 |
He wants to limit the damage | 为了补偏救弊 |
by turning me into one of his own kind. | 他定会把我改造成他的同类 |
When you met him in London, you liked him. | 你在伦敦见他时还挺喜欢他的 |
I simply do not understand why we are rushing into this. | 我只是不知道为何如此匆忙 |
Matthew Crawley is my heir. | 马修·卡劳利是我的继承人 |
Patrick was your heir, he never lived here. | 帕特里克也是他可从没在这里住过 |
Patrick was in and out of this house since the day he was born. | 帕特里克从小就在这宅子里进进出出 |
You saw how many of the village turned out for the service. | 你也看到了追思会那天村里来了多少人 |
But nothing's settled yet. | 一切尚未确定 |
It is settled, my dearest one, whether you like it or not. | 板上钉钉亲爱的不管你喜不喜欢 |
完整版请点击 | |
I wouldn't say that. | 我看不见得 |
Not while your mother breathes air. | 老夫人只要尚有余息绝不会善罢甘休 |
Oh, Ellen. | 艾伦 |
This is much better than I thought it would be. | 这比我想象的好太多了 |
You have done well. | 你打点得真不错 |
Thank you, ma'am. | 谢谢您夫人 |
Would you like this in here, ma'am, or taken up to your room? | 夫人提包是放在这儿还是拿到您屋内 |
In here, thank you. | 放这儿吧谢谢 |
So, are you the whole of our new household? | 我们的新侍从就你一个人吗 |
There's a local girl, ma'am, Beth. | 还有一位本地姑娘夫人名叫贝丝 |
She's to double under-housemaid and kitchen maid. | 她是杂物兼厨房女仆 |
- This is ridiculous. - Thank you very much, Molesley. | -太荒谬了-非常感谢莫斯利 |
- Might we have some tea? - Very good, ma'am. | -能给我们上点茶吗-当然夫人 |
- Well, he can go right now. - Why? | -他现在就可以走了-为什么 |
Because we do not need a butler | 因为我们不需要什么管家 |
or a valet, if it comes to that. | 或是贴身侍从若非如此的话 |
We've always managed perfectly well | 我们向来只有一名厨子和一位女仆 |
with a cook and a maid, and they cannot expect us | 不也过得很好他们不能指望我们 |
- to alter our... - What they expect, Matthew, | -改变自我-马修他们指望的 |
is that we won't know how to behave. | 是我们不知道如何举止得体 |
So if you don't mind, | 所以如果你不介意 |
I would rather not confirm their expectations. | 我宁愿不要让他们的期望得逞 |
I have to be myself, Mother. | 我得做我自己妈妈 |
I'll be no use to anyone if I can't be myself. | 否则我将一无是处 |
And before they or you get any ideas, | 在你或是他们擅作主张之前我有言在先 |
I will choose my own wife. | 婚姻大事我要自己做主 |
What on earth do you mean? | 你这话到底是什么意思 |
Well, they're clearly going to push one of the daughters at me. | 显而易见他们定要把一位女儿强嫁给我 |
They'll have fixed on that when they heard I was a bachelor. | 要是听说我还单身他们就会确定婚事 |
Lady Mary Crawley. | 玛丽·卡劳利小姐到 |
I do hope I'm not interrupting. | 希望我没打扰到你们 |
- Lady Mary... - Cousin Mary, please. | -玛丽小姐-叫玛丽表亲就好 |
Mama has sent me down to welcome you | 妈妈命我来欢迎你们 |
and to ask you to dine with us tonight. | 并邀请你们与我们共进晚餐 |
Unless you're too tired. | 除非你们舟车劳顿 |
We would be delighted. | 我们乐意前往 |
Good. Come at 8:00. | 那好今晚八点见 |
Won't you stay and have some tea? | 你不留下喝杯茶吗 |
Oh, no, you're far too busy. And I wouldn't want to push in. | 不了你们这么忙我又怎敢"强"留 |
Lynch, I think we'll go back by the South Lodge. | 林奇咱们从南屋那边回去吧 |
Very good, my lady. | 是小姐 |
Lady Mary, I hope you didn't misunderstand me. | 玛丽小姐我希望你别误会 |
I was only joking. | 我只是在开玩笑 |
Of course. And I agree. | 当然我也赞同 |
The whole thing is a complete joke. | 这整件事就是个天大的笑话 |
So what do you think we'll make of them? | 你说他们会是什么样的人 |
I shouldn't think much. She hasn't even got a lady's maid. | 好不到哪去她连贴身女仆都没有 |
It's not a capital offence. | 又不是什么大忌 |
She's got a maid, her name's Ellen. | 她有个女仆名叫艾伦 |
- She came a day earlier. - She's not a lady's maid. | -她提前一天到的-她又不是贴身女仆 |
She's just a housemaid that | 就是个持家女仆 |
fastens hooks and buttons when she has to. | 招之即来缝缝补补 |
- There's more to it than that, you know. - Daisy! | -贴身女仆可比这讲究多了-黛西 |
We'll want some very precise reporting when dinner's over. | 晚饭后你再跟我们细说 |
Are we to treat him as the heir? | 我们要当他是继承人来服侍吗 |
Are we heck as like. | 当他是就怪了 |
A doctor's son from Manchester? | 就曼彻斯特一个医生的儿子 |
He'll be lucky if he gets a civil word out of me. | 我要是给他好脸色就算他走运了 |
We're all lucky if we get a civil word out of you. | 你给我们谁好脸色我们都感觉挺幸运的 |
Gwen, parcel for you. Came by the evening post. | 格温你的邮包晚班邮差送来的 |
Thank you, Mr Carson. | 谢谢您卡森管家 |
William. | 威廉 |
Have you seen them yet, Mr Carson? | 您见过他们了吗卡森管家 |
By "them" I assume you mean the new family, | 我想你说的是新来的那家 |
in which case, no. | 还没见过 |
I have that pleasure to look forward to this evening. | 我有幸期待今晚得以一见 |
Daisy, did you hear me call or have you gone selectively deaf? | 黛西你是没听见还是选择性耳聋 |
No, Mrs Patmore. | 没有帕特莫太太 |
Then might I remind you we | 那我是不是该提醒你 |
are preparing dinner for your future employer. | 今晚我们可是为你未来主子准备晚宴 |
And if it goes wrong, I'll be telling them why. | 如果出了差错我可不会替你背黑锅 |
Why are they here at all when you're going to undo it? | 你不是要撤销吗怎么他们还是来了 |
完整版请点击 | |
Your father's not convinced it can be undone. | 你父亲不确定能够撤销 |
But you'll still try. | 但你还会争取 |
Granny and I are willing to try. | 奶奶和我都会的 |
And Papa is not? | 可爸爸不会 |
We'll bring him round, you'll see. | 我们会说服他的 |
We're trying to find a lawyer who'll take in on. | 我们正打算找律师负责此事 |
So what are they like? | 他们是什么样的人 |
She's nice enough, but he's... very full of himself. | 她人挺好的但他...很是妄自尊大 |
- Why do you say that? - Just an impression. | -何出此言-印象而已 |
Let's go down and you can decide for yourself. | 咱们下楼吧您自可论断 |
Hello again. | 又见面了 |
It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Mrs Crawley. | 很高兴终于见到你了卡劳利夫人 |
We're delighted to be here, aren't we, Matthew? | 我们很荣幸光临贵府对吧马修 |
Delighted. | 很荣幸 |
Welcome to Downton. | 欢迎来到唐顿 |
Thank you. You've been so kind. | 谢谢您真是太好了 |
What a reception committee. | 好隆重的迎接队伍 |
Yes, thank you. | 是啊谢谢 |
This is Carson. We'd all be lost without him. | 这位是卡森万事打点都少不了他 |
Mama, may I present Matthew Crawley and Mrs Crawley. | 妈妈请允许我介绍马修和卡劳利夫人 |
My mother, Lady Grantham. | 我母亲格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人 |
What should we call each other? | 你我该如何互相称呼 |
Well, we could always start with Mrs Crawley and Lady Grantham. | 可以叫卡劳利太太和格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人 |
Come into the drawing room | 来客厅吧 |
and we can make all the proper introductions. | 我们可以彼此正式介绍 |
Do you think you'll enjoy village life? | 不知两位乡村生活是否过得习惯 |
It'll be very quiet after life in the city. | 过惯了城市生活会觉得闲适很多吧 |
Even Manchester. | 即使跟曼彻斯特比 |
I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy. | 我总会找到些事情做的 |
You might like the hospital. | 也许医院合您的意 |
What sort of hospital is it? How many beds? | 哪种医院规模如何 |
Well, it isn't really a hospital. | 那儿可称不上是医院 |
Don't let Dr Clarkson hear you. | 别让克拉克森医生听见您这么说 |
He thinks it's second only to St Thomas'. | 他认为那里仅次于圣托马斯医院 |
It's a college hospital, of course, but quite well equipped. | 虽说是所学校附属医院可设备相当齐全 |
Who pays for it? | 资金从哪里筹集 |
Oh, good, let's talk about money. | 这可好终于要提钱了 |
My father gave the building and an endowment to run it. | 我父亲提供了场所并出资运营 |
In a way, he set up his own memorial. | 他其实是给自己树碑立传 |
But how splendid. | 这种方式可谓高尚 |
And Mr Lloyd George's new insurance measures will help. | 洛依德·乔治先生的保险新政也会有所帮助 |
Please don't speak that man's name. We are about to eat. | 千万别提那人影响食欲 |
I will hold it steady and you can help yourself, sir. | 我会托住盘子您可随便取用先生 |
Yes, I know. Thank you. | 当然我知道谢谢 |
You'll soon get used to the way things are done here. | 你很快会习惯这里的生活方式 |
If you mean that I'm accustomed to | 如果你想说这与我平日生活 |
a very different life from this, | 有天壤之别 |
then that is true. | 诚然如此 |
What will you do with your time? | 你打算如何消磨时光 |
I've got a job in Ripon, and I've said I'll start tomorrow. | 我在里彭找了工作明天就开始上班 |
A job? | 你找了工作 |
In a partnership. You might have heard of it. | 一家合伙人制律所你们也许听过 |
Harvell and Carter. | 哈维-卡特事务所 |
They need someone | 他们正需要一个 |
who understands industrial law, I'm glad to say. | 懂工业法的人 |
Although I'm afraid most of it will be | 虽然恐怕大部分业务 |
wills and conveyancing. | 还是遗产分配和产权转让 |
You do know I mean | 你该知道我打算 |
to involve you in the running of the estate? | 让你参与管理庄园吧 |
Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of hours in the day. | 不用担心空闲时间很多 |
And of course I'll have the weekend. | 当然还有周末 |
We'll discuss this later, we mustn't bore the ladies. | 迟些再谈吧别让女士们觉得乏味 |
What is a weekend? | 什么是周末 |
Why shouldn't he be a lawyer? | 当律师有什么不好 |
Gentlemen don't work, silly. | 绅士不会去工作傻丫头 |
Not real gentlemen. | 他不是真正的绅士 |
Don't listen to her, Daisy. | 别听她的黛西 |
No! Listen to me, and take those kidneys up to the server | 还是听我的吧快把那盘腰花端过去 |
before I knock you down and serve your brains as fritters! | 要不我只能把你敲晕了用脑仁做煎饼 |
Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 是的帕特莫太太 |
Wonder what that Mr Molesley makes of them. | 不知莫斯利先生对他们怎么看 |
Poor old Molesley. | 可怜的老莫斯利 |
I pity the man who's taken that job. | 得到这苦差事真让人同情 |
Then why did you apply for it? | 那你当初为什么申请 |
I felt it might help me to get away from you, Mr Bates. | 为了避开你贝茨先生 |
I'm so interested to see the hospital. | 我对那所医院很有兴趣 |
Ooh. Well, you would be, with your late husband a doctor. | 可不是嘛您先生以前就是位医生 |
Not just my husband. | 不只我丈夫 |
My father and brother, too. | 我的父亲和哥哥也是 |
And I trained as a nurse during the war. | 大战时我也当过护士 |
Oh, fancy. | 真厉害 |
I'd love to be involved in some way. | 我非常愿意参与其中 |
Well, you could always | 下个月的义卖会 |
help with the bring-and-buy sale next month. | 你倒是能帮上些忙 |
That would be most appreciated. | 我们会非常感激的 |
She's a match for the old lady, | 她跟老太太真是棋逢对手 |
she wasn't going to give in. | 她不会轻易让步的 |
What old lady are you referring to, Thomas? | 你说的是哪位老太太托马斯 |
You cannot mean her ladyship, the Dowager Countess. | 不会是老伯爵夫人吧 |
Not if you wish to remain in this house. | 如果你还打算在这里干下去 |
No, Mr Carson. | 不是卡森先生 |
William! | 威廉 |
Are you aware the seam at your shoulder is coming apart? | 注意到你的肩膀处开线了吗 |
I felt it go a bit earlier on. I'll mend it when we turn in. | 我之前发现了打算睡前缝上 |
You will mend it now | 现在就缝好 |
and you will never again appear in public | 以后绝不许再出现类似 |
in a similar state of undress. | 衣衫不整的情况 |
No, Mr Carson. | 是的卡森先生 |
To progress in your chosen career, | 想要在这个职位上有所进步 |
William, you must remember that a good servant, | 威廉你必须记住一个称职的仆人 |
at all times, retains a sense of pride and dignity | 必须时刻将荣耀和尊严铭记于心 |
that reflects the pride and dignity of the family he serves. | 因为这体现了主家的荣耀和尊严 |
And never make me remind you of it again. | 只此一次下不为例 |
I'll do it. | 我来缝吧 |
And cheer up, we've all had a smack from Mr Carson. | 别在意谁没挨过卡森先生骂呢 |
You'll be the butler yourself one day, | 总有一天你会成为管家 |
then you'll do the smacking. | 到时候你就可以去教训别人了 |
I could never be like him. | 我可不会像他那样 |
I bet he comes from a line | 我打赌他家 |
of butlers that goes back to the Conqueror. | 祖祖辈辈都是给人做管家的 |
He learned his business | 这是他从业多年的积累 |
and so will you. | 你早晚也会学到的 |
Even Mr Carson wasn't born standing to attention. | 卡森先生也非生来就是谨言慎行 |
I hope not for his mother's sake. | 否则可够他母亲受的 |
This was at the back door. | 这封信从后门送进来的 |
Thank you, William. | 谢谢威廉 |
It's kind of you to take an interest. | 您对医疗事业真是有心了 |
I'm afraid it's a case of the warhorse and the drum. | 这就像战马闻鼓声那种兴奋 |
You know my late husband was a doctor. | 您要知道先夫也是医生 |
I do. I'm familiar with Dr Crawley's | 卡劳利医生在 |
work on the symptoms of infection in children. | 儿童传染病症方面的工作我曾反复拜读 |
Oh. Even I studied nursing during the South African War. | 英布战争中我本人也学过护理 |
Really? | 真的 |
Very distressing. Young farmer, John Drake. | 真让人痛心年轻的农夫约翰·德雷克 |
A tenant of Lord Grantham's. He came in today. | 伯爵的佃户今天来就诊的 |
It's dropsy, I'm afraid. | 恐怕是积水 |
- May I see him?- Yeah. By all means. | -能让我看看吗-当然请便 |
Is the dropsy of the liver or the heart? | 是肝脏还是心脏 |
Everything points to the heart. | 从各种症状来看是心脏 |
All right, Mr Drake, you're in safe hands now. | 别担心德雷克先生你会没事的 |
What will happen to his wife? | 他妻子该怎么办 |
She may try to keep the farm on. | 她大概会努力让农场维持下去 |
Grantham is not a harsh landlord, | 伯爵对佃户向来宽厚 |
but her children are young. | 可毕竟她家孩子还小 |
What can I do to help? | 我能帮上忙吗 |
If I'm to live in this village, I must have an occupation. | 如果我要在这儿住下总得有些事做 |
Please. Let me be useful. | 请让我尽点力吧 |
He chooses his clothes himself. | 他亲自挑选衣服 |
He puts them out at night and hangs the ones he's worn. | 晚上取出来摆好穿过的就挂在这儿 |
I get to take the linen down to the laundry. | 我负责把衣物送洗 |
But that's about all. | 差不多就这一件事 |
That's all? | 就这样 |
"I'll do this", he says, | "我自己来"他总是说 |
"I'll take the other". "I'll tie that". | "我要拿另一件""我来系那个" |
And I'm just stood there like a chump | 而我就像个笨蛋一样站在那儿 |
watching a man get dressed. | 看着他自己穿戴 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“唐顿庄园”