TED62 人生的意义不只快乐 There is more to life than being happy

【演讲重点】 Key Points

1.

  • The data showed that chasing happiness can make people unhappy. Even though life is getting objectively better by nearly every conceivable standard, more people feel hopeless, depressed and alone.
    资料显示,追求快乐会让人不快乐。虽然客观来说,生活变好了,从每个能想到的标准来看皆是如此,却有更多人感到绝望、沮丧及孤独。
  • It is conceivable that the person you talked about will be angry.
    可以想象,你谈论的那个人会生气。

2.

  • The first pillar is belonging. Belonging comes from being in relationships where you're
    valued for who you are intrinsically and where you value others as well.
    第一根支柱是归属感。归属感来自于一种关系,一种你与他人在本质上彼此是否处在相互珍惜的关系中。
  • Human nature is intrinsically good.
    人性本善。

3.

  • I'll walk by someone I know and barely acknowledge them. I'll check my phone when someone's talking to me. These acts devalue others. They make them feel invisible and unworthy.
    我会从认识的人旁边走过,却没跟他们打招呼。当有人在跟我说话时,我会看手机。这类行为是在贬低别人的价值,让他们觉得自己是隐形的、不值得尊敬的。

  • She was barely able to stand.
    她几乎站不起来。

  • We should not devalue other people's achievement.
    我们不应该贬低别人的成就。

  • invisible earnings
    无形收入

  • unworthy of consideration
    不值得考虑

  • unworthy of attention
    不值得关注

4.

  • Without something worthwhile to do, people flounder. Of course, you don' thave to find purpose at work, but purpose gives you something to live for, some "why” that drives you forward.
    人们若没有值得去做的事,就会挣扎折腾。当然,你不需要从工作中找到目的,但目的能让你有活下去的意义,有驱使你前进的“理由”。
  • Ever since she failed in that competition which was really important for her, she is just been floundering around.
    自从输了那场对她很重要的比赛,她就一直陷在困境当中。

5.

  • Transcendent states are those rare moments when you're lifted above the hustle and bustle of daily life, your sense of self fades away, and you feel connected to a higher reality
    超然的状态是很少见的时刻,在这个时刻中,你超脱了日常生活的喧嚣扰攘,自我感正在渐渐消褪,你会感觉到和更高的现实产生连结。

  • transcendent love / power beauty/genius
    超越一切的爱/至高无上的权力/无与伦比的美丽/超凡卓越的才华

  • transcendent states超然的状态

  • hustle and bustle
    喧闹嘈杂

  • Personally, I like the hustle and bustle of big cities.
    我个人很喜欢大城市的喧嚣。

6.

  • The fourth pillar is storytelling, the story you tell yourself about yourself. Creating a narrative from the events of your life brings clarity. Your life isn't just a list of events. You can edit, interpret and retell your story, even as you're constrained by the facts.
    第四根支柱就是说故事,你告诉你自己关于你的故事。用你人生中的事件来创造一个故事,能让你看得更清楚。你的生命并不只是一连串的事件。即便你被事实限制住,你仍然可以编辑、诠释、再重新述说你的故事。

  • clarity of thoughts思路清晰

  • positive psychology正向心理学

  • gnaw away at sth磨损,消耗,侵蚀

  • There's an emptiness gnawing away at people, and you don't have to be clinically depressed to feel it.
    有一种空虚感在侵蚀人们,并不需被临床诊断出沮丧,也能感觉到这个现象。

【核心回顾】 Speech Review

  1. 大多数人都觉得人生的目标就是追寻快乐,可研究表明,追求快乐会让人不快乐。全球自杀率不断攀升,人们生活的方方面面都变好了,可还是有很多人感到无助、沮丧和孤独。

  2. Emily认为活得有意义比活得快乐更有价值,并且提出了找到人生意义的四大支柱。第一,归属感;第二,目的;第三,超然;第四,说故事。

  3. 让人生过得有意义是一个持续的过程。随着时间一天天过去,我们不断创造人生,抒写我们的故事。快乐来来去去,我们很难把握,但如果你能找到人生的意义,就有了可以紧紧抓住的东西。

你可能感兴趣的:(TED62 人生的意义不只快乐 There is more to life than being happy)