吃货必备短语
1. pig out 狼吞虎咽、大吃特吃
今晚想不想跟我们一起去胡吃海喝一顿?
2. eat up 吃光、吃完、尽情吃
You can eat up the rest of the food.
你可以把剩余的食物吃光。
3. eat out 上馆子吃、出去吃饭
It's a good idea to eat out once a while.
隔段时间在外面吃一顿真不错。
4. eat in 在家吃饭
Are you going to eat in or eat out?
你今天打算在家吃饭还是在饭馆吃饭?
5. eat like a bird 吃得很少
Girls always eat like a bird in order to keep a slender figure.
女孩子们吃的很少,为的是保持苗条的身材。
6. grab a bite 随便吃几口垫垫肚子
Let's grab a bite before we go.
走之前咱们先赶紧垫垫肚子吧!
7. I've had enough/I'm full 我吃饱了
I'm full. That big lunch made me sleepy.
我吃饱了,那顿丰盛的午餐使我昏昏欲睡。
8. be on a hunger strike 绝食
The prisoners went on a hunger strike.
犯人们进行绝食抗议。
9. be on a diet 节食
The doctor says I've got to go on a diet.
医生说我得节食。
10. overeat 吃得太多
I overate at the party last night and got violent indigestion.
昨日晚宴我吃多了,严重消化不良。
11. swallow 吞咽
He contracted his brows and swallowed medicine down.
他皱了皱眉头,然后一口把药水喝了下去。
12. chew 咀嚼
Old men have to chew thoroughly before swallowing.
老人在咽东西之前必须细嚼。
13. staple food 主食
Prices of staple food such as rice, wheat, corn and oils have more than doubled since March.
自从三月以来,大米,小麦和油类等主食的价格都上涨了一倍。
预定餐馆
这附近您能推荐家好吃的饭馆吗?
Could you recommend a good restaurant near here?
recommend “推荐,建议”。
我想吃意大利菜。
I'd like some Italian food。
您推荐哪家饭馆?
Which restaurant do you recommend?
这附近有墨西哥餐馆吗?
Is there a Mexican restaurant around here?
Yes, there's one. (是的,有一家。)
最近的墨西哥餐馆在哪儿?
Where is the closest Mexican restaurant?
这附近有没有还在营业的饭馆?
Are there any restaurants still open near here?
我需要预订吗?
Do I need a reservation?
您好,这是公园餐厅。我可以为您服务吗?
Hello, this is the Park Restaurant. May I help you?
我想订餐。今天晚上6点,8个人的位子。
I'd like to make a reservation for eight people at six o'clock tonight.
make a reservation “预订”。
我们一共8个人。
We are a group of eight。
我想订八个人的餐。
I'd like to reserve a table for eight. (我想订餐8个人。)
What time, sir? (什么时间的?)
我们能不能要张离乐队近一点儿的桌子?
Could we have a table close to the band? *close to… “离……近一些”。
对不起,今天晚上都订满了。
I'm sorry. We're all booked up tonight.
*用booked up或booked来表示“订满了”。
要等多长时间?
How long do we have to wait?
Is the wait long? (等得长吗?)
我们可以等。
We can wait。
可以预订几点的?
What time can we make a reservation? *make a reservation “预订”。
一直营业到几点?
How late are you open? *How late…?表示“……到几点?”
How late are you open? (一直开到几点?)
Until eleven. (到11点。)
我怎么才能到那儿?
How do I get there?
可以用信用卡吗?
Do you accept credit cards?
Do you take credit cards?
一顿饭多少钱?
What is the price of a dinner course?
衣着上有什么规定吗?
What is your dress code? *code “规定,规范”。
We require a jacket and tie. (要求穿外衣、打领带。)
我必须得穿外衣打领带吗?
Should I wear a jacket and tie? *Should… “必须、应该……吗?”。
女性必须穿礼服吗?
Should the ladies wear dresses?
请问您几位?
How many in your group?
We need a large table, please. (我们需要一张大桌子。)
How many in your group? (请问您几位?)
How many in your party?
*这里的party不表示“聚会”,而表示“一行人,一群人”。
2个人。 Two。
对不起,我想取消订餐。
I'm sorry, but I have to cancel my reservation。
在快餐厅里
要一个汉堡和一杯冰茶。
I'd like a hamburger and an iced tea.
*iced tea因为发音相同,有时也可写成ice tea。
我要两个热狗。
May I have two hot dogs, please?
May I have two hot dogs, please? (我要两个热狗。)
Anything else? (还要别的吗?)
Two hot dogs, please。
请加蕃茄酱和芥末。
With ketchup and mustard, please。
在这儿吃还是带走?
Will that be for here or to go? *在快餐店服务员一定会问的问题。
For here or to go?
您带走吗?
Will that be to go?
Take-out?
您是在这儿吃吗?
Will you be eating here?
Will you be eating here? (您是在这儿吃吗?)
I'd like it to go, please. (不,带走。)
带走。
To go, please。
在这儿吃。
For here, please。
比格尔英语