英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Sharon is a very funny woman, | 莎伦真幽默 |
个人主义强调个人的自由和个人的重要性 反对"要求个人牺牲其私利以达成'更高'社会目标" | |
but she has less faith in American individualism than I do. | 但她比我对美国个人主义更没有信心 |
Hang on, I have plenty of-- | 慢着我很有... |
When did I ever express any lack of faith? | 我什么时候说没信心了 |
08年大选期间麦凯恩针对奥巴马提出的"财富均沾" 攻击奥巴马为社会主义者[美国人谈"社"色变] | |
I didn't say and never said that Barack Obama was a socialist. | 我绝对没说过奥巴马是社会主义者 |
- Seriously? - What I said and I have always said... | -当真吗-我一直都是这么说... |
Lewis, you are begging me to run a sound package | 路易斯别逼我放录音 |
Monday morning that shows you hundreds of times | 周一早上你无数次地宣称 |
calling the president a socialist. | 总统是社会主义者 |
完整版请点击 | |
I'll read your columns on the air. | 我可以现场读一段你的专栏 |
The policies are... look up the definition, | 我指的是政策去查字典 |
my friend... they're socialist. | 那些都是社会主义政策 |
By your definition, so were Ronald Reagan's. | 照你这么说罗纳德·里根也是了 |
共和党总统里根虽大力减税但上台后也曾加过税 这里讽刺对方狭义地把加税等同于社会主义 | |
What do you think taxes are? | 你以为收税是为了什么 |
That was the last great president. | 里根之后就没出过伟大领袖了 |
American individualism can't build roads. | 个人主义又不能拿来修路 |
- An individual... - Go on, get it all out. | -个人...-说吧尽管说 |
Thank you, since the question was addressed to me. | 多谢这问题本来就是问我的 |
An individual can't build a school | 单凭个人建不起学校 |
or assemble an army... | 也集结不了军队 |
No one's talking about disbanding the army. | 没有人说要解散军队 |
So we can agree that the government is good for that? | 这点上政府是有好处的承认吗 |
- Yes. Fine. - Yes. | -对行了-很好 |
A fire department: Good idea or bad idea? | 消防局是不是好主意 |
You are getting so worked up, Sharon. | 你别太激动莎伦 |
I'm afraid you're gonna start shooting light out of your ass. | 小心屁股着火了 |
Good idea or bad idea on the fire department? | 有消防局到底是好还是坏 |
美国部分地区消防私营化家庭要定期缴纳防火费 而奥巴马支持消防国有化 | |
Or should it be a private fire department | 难道你喜欢私营的消防局 |
that only comes to your burning house if you paid your monthly fire bill? | 按期交了保护费他们才会来救火 |
I am more than happy to pay for a fire department. | 我很乐意交钱给消防局 |
I am not happy to pay for a painting | 但我不愿意把钱花在 |
that I don't wanna look at, poetry I don't wanna read. | 我不想看的画作和不想读的诗词上面 |
You can't skip right to the NEA! | 你不能直奔艺术基金会问题 |
And you cannot skip right to the army. | 你也不能直奔军事问题 |
...00004% of the federal budget | 只占0.00004% 的联邦预算 |
and is code for New York, jewish, perverted, and gay. | 而纽约满街都是犹太人变态和同性恋 |
- Will. - Yes, sir. | -威尔-什么 |
Anything to add? | 你要补充吗 |
I think we'd need a more precise definition of "Perverted." | "变态"的涵义太广了 |
Okay. | 好的 |
We'll go on to the next question. | 下一个问题 |
- You, sir. - My name's Steven. | -有请-我叫史蒂文 |
I'm a junior and my question is for Will McAvoy. | 大三的学生我想问威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
Do you consider yourself a Democrat, | 你认为自己是民主党 |
a Republican, or Independent? | 共和党还是无党派 |
I consider myself a New York Jets fan, Steven. | 我是纽约喷气机队的球迷 |
Since it's been brought up, | 既然有人问起 |
you've almost religiously avoided stating | 你一向刻意回避提及你的政治倾向 |
or even implying a political allegiance. | 连丝毫暗示都没有过 |
Is that because as a news anchor | 是否因为作为新闻主播 |
you feel the integrity of your broadcast would be compromised? | 你觉得会影响你主持节目的客观性呢 |
That sounds like a good answer. I'll take it. | 这回答不错就它了 |
There was a short piece on Vanity Fair's website | 《名利场》网站上有一篇短评 |
by Marshall Westbrook-- you probably saw it-- | 马歇尔·威斯布鲁克写的你可能看过 |
where he calls you the "Jay Leno of news anchors." | 他称你为"新闻界的杰·雷诺" |
- You're popular because you don't bother anyone. - Yeah. | -大家都喜欢你因为你不找茬-是的 |
How do you feel about that? | 你对此作何感想 |
Jealous of the size of Jay's audience. | 我羡慕他的收视率 |
Are you willing to say here tonight | 今晚你愿不愿意表个态 |
whether you lean right or left? | 是右派还是左派 |
I've voted for candidates run by both major parties. | 两派的候选人我都投过票 |
Let's move on to the next question. | 下一个问题吧 |
- Go ahead. - Hi. My name is Jenny. | -有请-大家好我叫珍妮 |
I'm a sophomore, and this is for all three of you. | 大二学生这问题我想问你们三位 |
Can you say in one sentence or less... | 请用不超过一句话... |
Um, you know what I mean. | 你们懂我意思 |
Can you say why America is the greatest country in the world? | 请问为什么美国是世上最伟大的国家 |
Diversity and opportunity. | 多元性和机遇 |
Lewis. | 路易斯 |
Freedom and freedom. So let's keep it that way. | 自由还是自由永远都要自由 |
Will. | 威尔 |
The New York Jets. | 纽约喷气机队 |
No, I'm gonna hold you to an answer on that. | 不行你一定得回答 |
What makes America the greatest country in the world? | 为什么美国是世上最伟大的国家 |
Well, Lewis and Sharon said it... | 路易斯和莎伦都说了 |
diversity and opportunity and freedom and freedom. | 多元性和机遇自由和自由 |
I'm not letting you go back to the airport without answering the question. | 你不回答我是不会放你走的 |
Well, our Constitution is a masterpiece. | 我们的宪法是一项杰作 |
James Madison was a genius. | 詹姆斯·麦迪逊总统是个天才 |
The Declaration of Independence is, for me, | 对我而言独立宣言 |
the single greatest piece of American writing. | 是美国文学史上最伟大的作品 |
You don't look satisfied. | 你看起来还不满意 |
One's a set of laws and the other's a declaration of war. | 前者是一套法律后者是宣战稿 |
I want a human moment from you. | 我要看到你的性情 |
What about the people? Why is America... | 谈谈国民如何美国为什么... |
It's not the greatest country in the world, Professor. | 美国不是最伟大的国家教授 |
That's my answer. | 这就是我的答案 |
- You're saying... - Yes. | -你是说...-没错 |
- Let's talk about... - Fine. Sharon, the NEA is a loser. | -我们来谈...-莎伦艺术基金会就是个败家子 |
Yeah, it accounts for a penny out of our paycheck, | 没错它是花不了多少税款 |
but he gets to hit you with it any time he wants. | 可却给他机会次次拿来咬你 |
It doesn't cost money, it costs votes. | 你们吵来吵去浪费的不是钱是投票数 |
It costs airtime and column inches. | 浪费广播时间和专栏空间 |
You know why people don't like liberals? | 为什么人们不喜欢自由派 |
Because they lose. | 因为他们总是输 |
If liberals are so fuckin' smart, | 要是他们有那么聪明 |
how come they lose so goddamn always? | 又怎么会他妈的次次输 |
And with a straight face you're gonna tell students | 而你居然好意思告诉学生 |
that America is so star-spangled awesome | 我们美国已经牛逼透顶 |
that we're the only ones in the world who have freedom? | 是世上唯一拥有自由的国家吗 |
完整版请点击 | |
Canada has freedom. Japan has freedom. | 加拿大有自由日本有自由 |
The U.K., France, Italy, Germany, | 英国法国意大利德国 |
Spain, Australia. Belgium has freedom! | 西班牙澳洲比利时都有自由 |
207 sovereign states in the world, | 全球207个主权国家中 |
like 180 of them have freedom. | 大概有180个都有自由 |
- All right... - And, yeah, you, sorority girl. | -好了...-还有你联谊会女生 |
Just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day, | 以免你以后不小心乱入了投票站 |
there are some things you should know, | 有些事你是要知道的 |
and one of them is there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement | 比如你的问题根本毫无根据 |
that we're the greatest country in the world. | 美国是世上最伟大的国家吗 |
We're seventh in literacy, 27th in math, | 我们识字率排第7数学第27 |
22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, | 科学排第22预期寿命第49 |
178th in infant mortality, | 婴儿死亡率排178 |
third in median household income, | 平均家庭收入排第3 |
number four in labor force, and number four in exports. | 劳动力排第4出口额排第4 |
We lead the world in only three categories: | 只有三项我们是榜首 |
Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, | 监禁人员所占总人口比重 |
number of adults who believe angels are real, | 相信天使的成年人数量 |
and defense spending where we spend | 和国防开支 |
more than the next 26 countries combined, | 这项支出比后面26个国家的总和还多 |
25 of whom are allies. | 其中25个还是盟国 |
Now, none of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, | 当然这都不是你这个20岁大学生的错 |
but you nonetheless are without a doubt | 但你却毋庸置疑 |
a member of the worst period generation period ever period. | 是史上最差劲的这一代人的典型 |
So when you ask what makes us | 所以你问我是什么造就了 |
the greatest country in the world, | 这个最伟大的国度 |
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. | 我真不懂你他妈在放什么狗屁 |
Yosemite? | 国家公园吗 |
We sure used to be. | 我们的确辉煌过 |
We stood up for what was right. | 我们为正义而拼 |
We fought for moral reasons. | 为道德而战 |
We passed laws, struck down laws for moral reasons. | 因合乎道德而立良法因违背道德而废恶法 |
We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. | 我们要消灭的是贫穷不是穷人 |
We sacrificed. We cared about our neighbors. | 甘愿牺牲关心邻里 |
We put our money where our mouths were and we never beat our chest. | 勤劳踏实不空口说大话 |
We built great big things, | 我们有过伟大的发明 |
made ungodly technological advances, | 有过逆天的科学创造 |
explored the universe, cured diseases, | 探索太空治愈疾病 |
and we cultivated the world's greatest artists | 培育出了最出色的艺术家 |
and the world's greatest economy. | 和最强盛的经济体 |
We reached for the stars, acted like men. | 我们敢于挑战同时心怀谦逊 |
We aspired to intelligence. We didn't belittle it. | 我们崇尚智慧而非鄙视 |
It didn't make us feel inferior. | 我们不以聪明为耻 |
We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election | 我们不凭"投票给了谁"来区分人 |
and we didn't... we didn't scare so easy. | 也不像现在如此轻易畏惧 |
Ahem, we were able to be all these things and do all these things | 以前之所以能做到这些 |
because we were informed. | 是因为我们信息充足 |
By great men, men who were revered. | 有受人尊敬的伟大人物告知我们 |
The first step in solving any problem | 解决问题的第一步 |
is recognizing there is one. | 是要承认问题的存在 |
America is not the greatest country in the world anymore. | 美国再也不是世上最伟大的国家了 |
Enough? | 满意了 |
What the fuck was that? | 你他妈脑残了吗 |
Are you out of your mind? That was a kid. | 你疯了吧朝着个孩子吼 |
I'm sorry! I'm taking medicine for vertigo | 对不起我吃了治头晕的药 |
and I think it works because I've got it. | 果然吃了就晕了 |
You're in trouble, man. You can't talk to me like that. | 你麻烦大了老兄怎么能这样说话 |
- Do you need a doctor? - Jesus Christ. | -你要看医生吗-天啊 |
Listen, listen! | 听我说 |
What did I say out there? | 我刚在里面说了什么 |
I'm excited to meet them, too, but... | 我也很想见他们但是... |
I'm excited to meet them, too, but not tonight. | 我也很想见他们但是今晚不行 |
- It's just too soon. - When did you decide that? | -太早了-你何时决定的 |
I really can't pinpoint the time. | 说不上来具体是什么时候 |
I have to get back into my meeting. | 我要回去开会了 |
It's not a meeting, it's a party. | 才不是开会明明就是派对 |
- There's pizza. - We've been dating for four months | -里面有披萨-我们约会才四个月 |
and I think that's too soon to meet her parents. | 我认为现在见家长太早了 |
That's like level three stuff. | 那是第三阶段才会做的事 |
We're at level two. Can I get a ruling? | 我们还在第二阶段你来评评理 |
When your conversation started in front of my desk, | 当你们在我桌前展开对话时 |
I was concerned that I'd been caught in the middle of something personal, | 我担心了半天怕被扯进你俩的私事中 |
but I can see now that I was worried for nothing. | 现在我发现自己白担心了 |
I think it's too soon to meet your parents. | 我认为现在不是见家长的时候 |
I'm not comfortable with it. Can you respect that? | 我觉得不合适你能尊重我吗 |
I've been telling them about you for months. | 我跟他们说你都说了几个月了 |
- What am I supposed to say? - That I had to work late. | -我要怎么跟他们说-说我要加班 |
- Why? - Why does anybody ever have to work late? | -原因呢-加班还能有什么原因 |
They don't. They're usually lying. | 说加班都是借口 |
That's true, but I know that you can sell it. | 没错但我相信你能蒙过去 |
Now why would you make a dumb decision when I'm offering... | 为什么你要做愚蠢的决定你可以... |
Loyalty... I'm making a dumb decision out of loyalty. | 忠诚我做愚蠢的决定是出于忠诚 |
You're making a smart one out of ambition. | 你做聪明的决定是出于野心 |
Yeah. | 是的 |
He can't remember your name, Maggie, | 玛姬他连你的名字都记不牢 |
and I'm the asshole. | 我反倒成了坏人了 |
I was an intern and he promoted me to his assistant. | 他把我从实习生提拔为助理 |
He didn't promote you, honey. | 亲爱的他没有提拔你 |
He thought you were his assistant. | 他以为你就是他的助理 |
You have to go back to your pizza meeting, | 你去继续你的披萨会议吧 |
but could you do me a favor and not talk about us in front of... | 但你能不能别大庭广众地说我们的私事 |
Everybody here knows. Nobody here cares. | 大家都知道没人会在意 |
They will once we start fighting in the middle of the newsroom | 我们在编辑室里吵起来就会有人在意了 |
and one of us is gonna get fired. | 到时候你我必有一个会被炒鱿鱼 |
Do you think it's gonna be the hotshot EP out of Columbia J-school | 你觉得被炒的会是哥大毕业的执行制片 |
or you think it's gonna be the intern who got accidentally promoted to assistant? | 还是我这个意外被升职为助理的实习生 |
You're making a mistake. | 你这是在犯傻 |
I'm used to them by now. | 我已经习惯了 |
- Loyalty? - Yep. | -忠诚-是的 |
He just walked into his office | 他刚才走进办公室 |
without noticing that his staff isn't here. | 压根没留意到员工都不见了 |
Text me when you're done with your parents tonight. | 你父母离开后给我发个短信 |
Where's... where is everybody? | 人呢人都去哪了 |
Welcome back, man. | 欢迎回来 |
Thanks. Where is everybody? | 谢谢人都去哪了 |
You gotta go up to see Charlie. | 查理找你 |
Okay. Where is everybody? | 好的人都去哪了 |
I have strict orders from Charlie | 查理严格交代 |
not to say anything until he's talked to you first. | 你们见面之前我半个字不能说 |
I've got a meeting. | 我要开会了 |
What's going on? | 怎么回事 |
Okay. | 好的 |
Couldn't say the answer from over there? | 站在那边就不能回答吗 |
- Welcome back. - Thank you. | -欢迎回来-谢谢 |
- Charlie Skinner needs to see you in his office. - Now? | -查理·斯金纳要你去他办公室-现在吗 |
- He said as soon as you come in. - What's-- You're Ellen? | -他让你一回来就去-你叫艾伦 |
- Maggie... Margaret. - What's going on? | -是玛姬...玛格丽特-怎么回事 |
We know as little as you do. | 我们知道的不比你多 |
- Really? - Almost as little as you do. | -是吗-多那么一点点 |
What's the part that you know that I don't? | 哪一点点 |
- You should talk to Charlie Skinner. - Where's Karen? | -你要去找查理·斯金纳-凯伦在哪 |
- There's no one who works here named Karen. - My assistant. | -这里没有叫凯伦的-她是我助理 |
- I'm your assistant. - You're Ellen. | -我是你的助理-你是艾伦 |
- Margaret. - Okay. | -是玛格丽特-行 |
Uh, I'll let his secretary know you're on your way. | 我会告诉他的秘书说你这就去 |
- Her name is Karen. - No one's named Karen. No one. | -她叫凯伦-没有凯伦这人 |
- All right. - I'll call up for you. | -好吧-我帮你打电话 |
Angela, hi. It's Maggie from downstairs. | 安琪拉我是楼下的玛姬 |
- You can go on in. He's waiting for you. - Thank you. | -您可以进去了他在等你-谢谢 |
You own this now, my friend. You have bought it. | 归你了我的朋友你已经买下了 |
You have paid for it and you have the receipt. | 你付了钱收据在手 |
I wanna be crystal clear: This is yours. | 咱们说清楚已经是你的了 |
You're wearing it. | 恕不退还 |
- Henry wants me to make sure you know that. - Wait. | -亨利要我跟你解释清楚这点-稍等 |
Mr. Will McAvoy has just stepped into my office, | 威尔·麦卡沃伊刚走进了我的办公室 |
so I need to walk him through this. | 我要跟他解释清楚这事 |
- Shit, how much does he know? - You're on speaker. | -见鬼他知道多少-我开了免提 |
I don't know anything. Who is this? | 我什么都不知道你是谁 |
Heh-hey, Will! How was the vaca... | 威尔假期如何 |
Welcome back. You look great. | 欢迎回来精神不错啊 |
I don't know what just happened there. | 刚才这出是什么 |
Two weeks in St. Lucia was just what the doctor ordered, literally. | 医生还真给你开了"去圣卢西亚玩两周"的处方 |
- You've got pictures? - No. | -有拍照吗-没有 |
Don't worry about it. TMZ does. | 没关系TMZ[八卦网站]有拍 |
- You were down there with Erin Andrews. - There's a picture? | -你跟艾琳·安德鲁斯在一起-被拍到了吗 |
No, that was a trap, but I knew you were seeing her. | 没有我在试你但我知道你去见了她 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“新闻编辑室”