Your love is also your weak point.
你的所爱同时也是你的弱点。
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is
that you can kill anyone.
不顾家的人永远不可能成为一个真正的男人。
"She's very beautiful. To you, she's beautiful. For me, there's only my wife and son."
对于你,她的确漂亮;而对于我,最美丽的只有我的妻子和孩子。(老教父,男人的典范)
"My name is Michael Corleone... There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information... But then your daughter would lose a father... instead of gaining a husband."
我的名字叫麦克科里昂... 出卖我的行踪你将得到很多钱... 但是那样你的女儿会失去她的父亲,而不是得到一个丈夫。(有史以来最拽的提亲)
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
我将给他开出一个无法拒绝的条件。
"Luca Brasi held a gun to his head and my father assured him that either
his brains, or his signature, would be on the contract."
Luca Brasi 用枪指着他的头,我父亲告诉他,落在合约上的要么是他的签名,要么是脑浆
。
"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your
enemies closer."
我父亲教过我很多事情...亲近你的朋友,但更要亲近你的敌人。
"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's
that you can kill anyone."
如果历史告诉我们任何事,那就是你可以杀死任何人。
"Your father did business with Hyman Roth; Your father respected
Hyman Roth; But your father never trusted Hyman Roth"
你的父亲和Hyman Roth打过交道,你的父亲尊重他,但你的父亲从未信任他。
"But you can never lose your family. Never."
但你永远不会被你的家人抛弃,永远不会。
"The Pope, the Holy Father himself, has this very day blessed Michael Corleone; an' you think you know better than the Pope?"
教皇,上帝的代言,他亲自赞佑了麦克科里昂;怎么?你觉得自己比教皇聪明?
"Never hate your enemies -- it effects your judgement."
永远不要憎恨你的敌人——憎恨影响你的判断。
"Politics and crime -- they're the same thing."
政治和犯罪——没有区别。
"The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends."
钱与权永不分家。
Don’t let anybody know what you are thinking.
不要让任何人知道你在想什么。
Everything I do with my power, including something criminal, I just want to
protect my family and my friends .
我以我的力量所做的一切事情,包括一些罪恶,只是为了保护我的家人和我的朋友。
You make the choice, and this is your price.
你做出了这个决定,这是你的代价。
Everything I do with my power, including something criminal, I just want to
protect my family and my friends .
我以我的力量所做的一切事情,包括一些罪恶,只是为了保护我的家人和我的朋友。
I don’t care what you did is right or wrong, I want you know only me
have the right to make decision, cause I am the godfather until my death.
我不关心你的所作所为是正确的还是错误的,我只是要你知道,
只有我有权利作出决定,因为我是教父,唯有我的死亡能否定它。
I will never do anything guilty.
我永远不会做让自己内疚的事情。
So, love somebody else.
那么,去爱一些其他人吧。
Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
你经常跟家人呆在一起吗?不错。因为不经常与家人呆在一起的男人,永远也成不了真正的男人!
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
我准备向他提出一个他不可能拒绝的条件。
I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be
careless. But not men.
我费了一生的精力,试图不让自己变得十分粗心。女人和小孩子们可以很粗心,
但男人不会。
I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life — I don't apologize — to
take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string
held by all those big shots. I don't apologize — that's my life — but I
thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone. Well, it wasn't enough time, Michael. It wasn't enough time.
我从来没有想过要带给你这些。我工作了一辈子,来养家糊口,我没有道过歉,我不愿意当个傻瓜,可我拒绝成为大人物所牵的绳子上的傀儡。我不会道歉的,这就是我的本色,不过我也想到过那一点,我想那时候是你的天下,你就是牵绳子的那个人。考利昂参议员,考利昂州长。好了,时间不多了,迈克尔。时间不多了!(这是电影中,迈克接位后在花园里他的父亲老教父维多的话,这也是整个电影里我觉得教父唯一的一次吐露自己真实内心的话。
其中“大人物”指美国的一些政客,维多清楚的知道他们帮助自己是为了利用他获得政治利益,同时维多也利用他们为自己的“生意”做庇护。显然维多是不会甘愿做木偶的,这也成了后来电影和《教父归来》一书的线索——迈克努力的让所有生意合法,却越陷越深。“既然无论是政治人物,还是黑手党教父都免不了被人利用,为什么还要这两者间费力的转化?”这个问题迈克的回答是:“这个世界,每一个人都免不了被利用!”
教父3:
aunt connie: michael, you know vincent mancini, sonny''s boy.
michael,你认识vincent mancini,是sonny的孩子。
vincent: how you doing, mr. corleone?
你好吗,corleone 先生?
michael: how you doing?
你好吗?
vincent: i’m doing good, how you doing?
我很好,你好吗?
michael: good.
好。
vincent: good party.
好酒会。
michael: oh you like it.
哦,你喜欢吗。
vincent: yea, i had to sneak in.
是的, 我喜欢。我是溜进来的。
michael: you dressed for it.
你穿的挺恰当的。
michael: so, what’s the trouble between you and mr. joe zasa?
你和joe zasa先生间有什么麻烦?
vincent: just trouble, i’ll take care of it.
只是小麻烦, 我可以解决。
michael: foolish of you.
你很傻。
vincent: foolish of me? it’s a little foolish of this guy, don’t you think?
right? right?
我很傻?这个人才傻呢,你不觉得吗?对吗?对吗?!
michael: temper like his father. vincent, mr. joe zasa now owns what used to be the corleone family business in new york. out of the kindness of his heart, he gave you a job in his family. contrary to my advice, you took the job. i offered you something better in the legitimate world, you turned me down. now, you both come to me with this bad blood, and what do you
expect me to do? am i a gangster?
脾气和他爸爸一样。vincent,joe zasa先生现在拥有corleone家族在纽约的生意。出于好心他给你安排了一份工作。但你却不听我的劝告,拒绝了我给你安排的更好的工作,而接受了他的工作。 现在,你们两个人又把仇恨带到我这儿来,你要我怎么样?我是个黑手党吗?
vincent: no, you’re not a gangster.
不,你不是黑手党。
aunt connie: that was papa’s neighborhood. now it’s a sewer. zasa runs it like a disgrace, that’s what the women tell me.
那是爸爸的地盘,现在却像个地沟。所有的女人都告诉我,zasa的管理很丢人。
michael: that’s the past, connie.
那是以前的事了,connie。
joe zasa: are you in that territory with my talent? commission gave it to
me, and you approved.
你在我管理的范围内吗?这块地盘已经交给我了,你也同意了。
michael: yes.
是的。
vincent: come on, i came over here to party. i’m not asking for any kind
of help. i could just kill this bastard, he’s the one who needs the help.
噢,我是来参加这酒会的。不是来寻求帮助的。我可以把这个混蛋杀了,他才是需要帮助的那个。
michael: so kill him! what does all this have to do with me?
那就杀了他吧。这一切跟我有什么关系?