段子手萧伯纳

萧伯纳 George Bernard Shaw,爱尔兰剧作家。1925年因作品具有理想主义和人道主义而获诺贝尔文学奖,1938年《卖花女》第11届奥斯卡获得最佳编剧得奖,此外还获得英国学术奖。他是英国现代杰出的现实主义戏剧作家,是世界著名的擅长幽默与讽刺的语言大师,同时他还是积极的社会活动家和费边社会主义的宣传者。他支持妇女的权利,呼吁选举制度的根本变革,倡导收入平等,主张废除私有财产。

萧伯纳毕生创造幽默,写下了《圣女贞德》(Saint Joan)、《伤心之家》(Heartbreak House)、《华伦夫人的职业》(Mrs. Warren's Profession) 等50余部作品。


在去世前,他把最后的幽默留给了自己,他的墓志铭这样写道:

I knew if I stayed around long enough, something like this would happen.

我早就知道无论我能活多久,这种事情迟早会发生的。

其他著名段子如下:

▪ Lack of money is the root of all evil.

缺钱是万恶之源。

▪ Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

自由意味著责任,正因为如此,多数人都惧怕自由。

▪ The wise never marry, and when they marry they become otherwise.

明白人从不结婚,结了婚就不明白了。

▪ There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.

人生有两出悲剧: 一是万念俱灰;另一是踌躇满志。

▪ Your future depends on your dreams. So go to sleep.

未来取决于梦想,所以赶紧睡觉去。

▪ There should be a better way to start a day than waking up every morning.

开始新的一天,应该有比每天早上一觉醒来更好的方式。

▪ "Work fascinates me", I can look at it for hours.

"工作令我着迷",我可以一看好几个小时。

▪ God made relatives; Thank god we can choose our friends.

上帝造就了亲戚;感谢上帝给了我们选择朋友的机会。

▪ Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.

每个成功男人的背后,都有一个女人;而每个不成功男人的背后,有两个。

▪ If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

有人说我们来到这个世上就是要帮助别人的,倘若此话非虚,那么请问,别人来到这个世界又是干什么的?

▪ Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.

由于光速比音速快,所以在我们听到人们开口之前,个个都显得很聪明。

▪ Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

每一个人都应该结婚。毕竟,幸福不是人生中唯一的东西。

▪ There is no sincerer love than the love of food.

没有比热爱饮食更真诚的爱。

▪ As you know, human beings are always overestimate the value of what they do not.

你可知道,人类老是高估了自己所没有的东西的价值。

▪ Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men's imperfections, and conceal your own.

诸般美德首选沉默,它能让你窥见他人的缺点,同时掩藏自己的不足。

▪ Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

生活不是寻找你自己,而是创造你自己。

▪ He who has never hoped can never despair.

从来没有抱什么希望的人也永远不会失望。

▪ Being silent is the perfect way to show contempt.

沉默是表示轻蔑的最完美方式。

▪ People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.

人们估量肩上的担子有时重于担子的本身。

▪ The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

理性的人让自己适应世界;非理性的人坚持让世界适应自己。因此,所有的进步都依赖于非理性的人。

你可能感兴趣的:(段子手萧伯纳)