在《老友记》第19集里,Ross和Emily谈恋爱完全变了一个人...
01
Text
(加单引号且省略部分字母的地方为连读)
Emily: Oh, blimey, I still can’t believe you’ve got an earring!
哎呀,我不敢相信你居然戴了耳环!
Ross: Huh? I know, I know. Who am I? David Bowe?
哼?我知道,我知道。我是谁?大卫 邦威?
Emily: He does that?!
他也戴耳环吗?!
Ross: Uh, I don’t know, whatever.
呃,我也不知道,管他呢。
Emily: I think it makes you look really dangerous.
我觉得戴耳环让你看起来像个危险角色。
Ross: Oh, I know. Y’know what, I never would’ve gotten this if it weren’t for you. No really, when I’m with you I’m-I’m like this whole other guy, I love that guy! I mean, I love you too, a lot, but that guy! I-I love that guy!
我知道。你知道吗,我戴这个都是因为你,也不算,当我和你在一起的时候,我就像变成了另一个人,但是,我喜欢那个家伙!
Emily: I love both of you!
两个你我都喜欢!
Ross: Yeah?
真的?
Emily: I wish I didn’t have to go.
真希望我不用必须离开。
Ross: Then don’t. Stay here. Just don’t go so soon to London, just one more day.
那别走。留下来。别那么快去伦敦,多留一天。
Emily: Ohh, Ross, please!
罗斯,拜托!
Ross: One more day, seriously/
多留一天,真的!
Emily: Don’t do this to me, again. You’d know I’d stay here in a minute, but I’d really miss so much work, they’ll fire me.
别再这样。我也想多待一分钟。但我已经耽搁了很多工作了,他们会开除我的。
Ross: So, then you can stay as long as you want.
那样你就可以想待多久就待多久。
Emily: I wish I could.
我也想。
Ross: Oh no. Don’t, don’t, don’t start packing. Come on!
不,不要走,不要走,不要收拾行李。拜托!
Emily: I don’t think you understand packing. Look, I just don’t want to leave it to the last minute. Last time I left in such a rush, I left my knickers here.
我不是现在走。听着,我只是不想等要走的时候才收拾。上次,我走得就很匆忙,结果把我的灯笼裤留在这儿了。
Ross: Yeah, I know, I uh, I tried them on.
对,我知道,我还试穿了下。
Emily: You didn’t!
不是吧!
Ross: No. No, I didn’t. I didn’t want to be that guy.
不,不,我没有,我不想成为那样的人。
Phoebe:Hello!
嗨!
Chandler: Ho! Ho! Ho!
哈!哈!哈!
Phoebe: Excuse me.
怎么。
Chandler: Your pants!
你的裤子!
Phoebe: Oh, yeah! You like ‘em? I just, I went to a used clothes store and got a bunch of maternity stuff. These are sooo comfortable!
哦,对!你喜欢?我只是去了个二手商品市场,买了一大堆孕妇装。这些真的非常舒服!
Joey: Uhh, Pheebs, those are uh, those are Santa pants.
菲比,那些,那些都是圣诞裤。
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Chandler: Santa pants. Santa Claus’s pants.
圣诞裤。圣诞老人的裤子。
Phoebe: Nuh-uh! They’re maternity pants. They even came with a list of baby names. See, these names are good, and these names are bad. Ohh.
不!这是孕妇穿的。还送了一份婴儿名的单子。看,这些都是好名字,这些就不是好名字。哦...
02
Analysis
Phrase
one more:再来一个,再多一个
a bunch of:一群,一束,一堆
Key Sentence
I don’t know, whatever.
呃,我也不知道,管他呢。
NOTE:
1. Whatever在口语中常常表示“无所谓,随便”。经常把Whatever挂在嘴边容易招来反感哦!
eg:
A:You should try a new hairstyle to change your mood.
你应该换个新的发型来改变下心情。
B:oh. Whatever.
哦,无所谓。
可以跟着视频练习文中片段哦~
03
End
Ross和Emily会怎么解决不能长期在一起的难题?Phoebe的“孕事”会顺利吗?
扫下方二维码 ↓ ↓ ↓关注微信公众号,
回复“409”就能获得全集链接哦~
END
May you
live the way
you want