Are You an Introvert or an Extrovert?
你是一名外向者还是内向者
|Introvert /ˈɪn.trə.vɝːt/ n.c 内向者|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|Introverts tend to read at home than go to party on weekends.|Intruder v. 闯入 introspection n.u 反省
|Extrovert /ˈek.strə.vɝːt/ n.c 外向者|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|Most sales people are extroverts.| extrude v. 挤压成 Extrinsic adj. 外来的
Take this quiz from Quiet Power: The Secret Strength of Introverts to find out where you fall on the introvert-extrovert spectrum. There are no right or wrong answers. Just note the descriptions that most apply to you.
用以下来自《安静的力量:内向者的密秘力量》的测验来找出你位在内向–外向的光谱上的哪里。问题没有正确的答案,请将最适合你的描述标记起来。
|Spectrum /ˈspek.trəm/n.u 光谱;范围|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|The group includes students from both end of the social spectrum.|spectator n.c 观众 Speculate v. 推测
-I prefer spending time with one or two friends instead of a group.
我宁可花时间与一两位好友相处,也不要跟一群人在一起。
-I’d rather express my ideas in writing.
我宁愿用书写表答我的想法。
-I enjoy being alone.
我享受自己一个人。
-I prefer deep conversations to small talk.
我较喜欢深谈而非闲聊
|Small talk /ˈsmɑːl ˌtɑːk/ n.u 闲聊|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|I don’t like party because I need to make small talk with strangers.|Small potatoes n. 不重要的事物 Small hours n. 凌晨 Small print n. 合约附属细则
-My friends tell me that I’m a good listener.
我的朋友认为我是一名好的听众
-I prefer small classes to large ones.
我偏好小堂课而非大堂
-I avoid conflicts.
我避免冲突
-I don’t like showing people my work until it’s perfect.
我不喜欢让别人看我的作业直到它是完美的。
-I work best on my own.
我自己一个人工作时效率最好。
-I don’t like being called on in class.
我不喜欢在课堂中被点
|Call on sb /kɑːl/ v. 号召|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|I now call on everbody to raise a glass to the happy couple.|Call of sth v. 使用 Call sb in v. 请人来 Call sb back v. 回拨电话给某人
-I feel drained after hanging out with friends, even when I have fun.
即使很快乐,我还是觉得跟朋友们出去累极了。
|Drained /dreɪnd/ adj. 累极了|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|It was one of those movie that leaves you emotionally drained.|Drain away v. 消失 Drain v. 使变干、疲累、减少 Drain n. 排水管;负担
-I’d rather celebrate my birthday with a few friends and family than have a huge party.
我宁可与少数朋友与家人庆生也不愿意开派对。
-I don’t mind big independent projects at school.
在学校,我不介意独立完成浩大的作业。
-I spend lots of time in my room.
我花很多时间待在我的房间里。
-I’m usually not a big risk-taker.
我通常不冒大风险。
-I can dive into a project, practice a sport or instrument, or engage in something creative for hours at a time without getting bored.
我可以花数小时沉浸在一项计划、练习运动或乐器、参与创造性的事情而不感到无聊。
-I tend to think before I speak.
我说话之前会先想一想。
-I’d rather text or e-mailthan talk on the phone with someone I don’t know very well.
我宁可用电邮或简讯而不是用电话与一个不是很熟悉的人沟通。
-I don’t feel totally comfortable being the center of attention.
身处焦点之下,我会感到不自在。
-I usually like asking questions more than I like answering them.
我更喜欢问问题而不是回答问题。
-People often describe me as soft-spokenor shy.
人们常形容我声音柔和或害羞。
-If I had to choose, I’d prefera weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things
scheduled.
如果我必须愿则,我宁愿周末无事可作也不要有满满的行程。
Keep in mind that this is an informal quiz, not a scientific
personality test. The questions were designed based on characteristics of introversion often accepted by researchers.
记住,这是一个非正式的测验,不是科学性的人格测试。这些问题是依照研究人员认可的内向者的特征所设记。
|Informal /ɪnˈfɔːr.məl/ adj. 非正式的|延伸
|:---|:---:|---:|
|‘Hi’ is an infromal way of greeting people.|inform v. 告知 Information v. 信息
The more often these descriptions applied to you, the more introverted you probably are. If only a few descriptions fit you, you’re likely more of an extrovert. You may also fall somewhere in between, in which case you’re probably an ambivert.
这些叙述越与你相似,你就可能越内向。如果只有一些叙述符合你,你应该比较偏向外向者。也有可能你属于中间值,应该是个同时兼有外向与内向的人。
Ambivert /ˈæm.bɪ.vɜːt/ n.c 兼具内外向的人 | 延伸 |
---|---|
Ambiverts like spending time alone ,but they also like being with friends | Ambitious adj. 有野心的 Ambivalent adj. 两种感觉交杂的 Amble v. 轻松漫步 |
from timeforkids