2019-01-16第二天

feel like (doing) sth 想做某事

❖ I feel like (going for) a swim.我想(去)游泳。

feel for someone怜悯,感觉同身受

❖ I am sorry to hear that. I feel for you.听到这个消息我很抱歉。我懂得你感受。

❖ I feel for him, but there is nothing I could do for him.我理解他的感受,但我什么忙也帮不上。

feel n. 感觉,手感,印象

❖ I love the feel of the sun on my skin.我喜欢阳光照在皮肤上的感觉。

❖ It's a big city but it has the feel of a small town.这是个大城市,不过有小镇的感觉。

a feel for sth 理解力/领悟力

❖ She has a real feel for language.她的语感很好。

❖ Waitress: Is everything ok?都还可以吗?

❖ You: Yes, everything’s fine, thanks.很好,谢谢。

① You: Could we have some more water, please?麻烦帮我们再倒些水,谢谢。

② You: Actually, I’m still waiting for my entrée.实际吧,我的主菜还没上。

③ You: My food is kinda cold. Could you heat it up?菜有点凉。能帮我热一下吗?

play it by ear 见机行事

❖ B: I am not sure. Maybe I need to run some errands in the morning, so let's play it by ear.还不确定。可能早上我得去跑个腿,所以,到时看咯。

go in one ear and out the other当作耳边风

❖ Everything I say to you seems to go in one ear and out the other. Why don't you pay attention?我说的话对你来说就像耳边风,你咋就不注意呢?

have an ear for sth 对…一听/学就会

❖ I am not very good at singing, but I have an ear for languages.我唱歌不怎么样,不过学语言倒是很快。

someone couldn’t believe their ears太让人吃惊了

❖ I can't believe my ears! I won the lottery?不是吧!我中彩票了?

miss the boat错过机会,坐失良机

❖ If you don't buy now, you may find that you've missed the boat.如果你现在不买,就坐失良机呀。

chance/ opportunity机会

❖ There’ll be plenty of opportunity for relaxing once the work is done.工作一旦做完就有大把的机会来放松。

take a chance 冒险

❖ I'm gonna do it by myself - I'm not taking any chances.我准备亲自来做,我可不想有半点闪失。

fat chance 没可能,希望渺茫

❖ It’s a fat chance for her to lend you any money.让她借给你钱基本不可能。

the chances are...很有可能=it is likely (that)

❖ Chances are (that) they'll be late anyway.总之,他们很可能会迟到。

call for sb.①打电话找某某

❖ I'm calling for Mr. Trump —is he in the office today?我打电话来找川普先生。他今天在办公室吗?

②(去某地)接(某人)=pick up

❖ Your flight is at 6 AM, so the driver will call for you at 4.你的航班是早6点到,所以司机会在4点的时候去接你。

call sth. off 取消,停止

❖ They’ve called off the wedding. I am really surprised.他们已经取消了婚礼。我很惊讶。

call sb. names(小孩)咒骂,辱骂,嘲笑别人

❖ At school they called the little boy names because he was short.小男孩长得太矮,在学校被别人嘲笑。

你可能感兴趣的:(2019-01-16第二天)