【译文】How to stop being rich and happy

译文及生词短语整理:朗读者小组

Translation


How to stop being rich and happy

如何停止富有和快乐

By Derek Sivers

【译文】How to stop being rich and happy_第1张图片

1. Prioritize lifestyle design.

1.优先考虑生活方式的设计。

You’ve made it, so it’s all about you, now. Make your dreams come true.

你已经做到了,所以现在全都考虑你就好了。让你梦想成真。

Shape your surroundings to please your every desire.

塑造周围环境,以满足你的每一个愿望。

Make your immediate gratification the most important thing.

使你立即感到满足是最重要的事情。

2. Chase that comparison moment.

2.追逐比较时刻。

You have the old thing. You want the new thing. Yes! Do it! Be happy for a week.

你拥有旧的东西,你想要新的东西。是的!去做吧!让你快乐一个礼拜。

Ignore the fact that the happiness only comes from the moment of comparison between the old and new.

忽略幸福只是来自于新旧事物进行比较的时刻这个事实。

Once you’ve had your new thing for a week, and it becomes the new norm, seek happiness from another new thing.

一旦你有了新的东西超过一个星期,并且它成为新的常态,你要从另一个新的东西里寻求幸福。

3. Buy, not rent.

3.买,而不租。

Why rent a house, castle, boat, or car, when you can buy?

当你可以买的时候,为什么要租房子、城堡、船只或汽车?

It’s not about the thing, it’s about identity. This shows who you are now.

这不是关于东西本身,而是关于身份。这显示你现在是谁。

4. Internalize your new status.

4.内化你的新身份。

You worked hard to get here. Celebrate. Relax.

你努力工作晋升到今天这个地位。庆祝,放松。

Admit you are in a different class of people now, with different needs.

承认你现在处于更高的阶级,有不同的需求。

Understand there is no going back.

明白你的这种身份是不会倒退的。

5. Be a connoisseur.

5、做个高标准的行家。

Learn what others say is the finest.

去了解别人所说的最好的东西吧。

Insist on only the finest.

坚持只要最好的。

You will now be unhappy with anything but the finest.

以后,但凡不是最好的东西,都没法使你开心了。

6. Get to know your possessions.

好好了解你的财务。

Now that you own the best, it’s time to focus on what you’ve got.

现在你已经拥有最好的东西了,是时候花精力了解它们了。

Learn all about the features of your new possessions.

了解你的新东西的各种特征。

Spend more time getting your surround sound and heated floor just right.

花更多时间,升级你的环绕立体声音箱和地热,让它们更舒服。

Work out the solar panel charging of your Tesla car. This is important.

弄清楚你的特斯拉汽车的太阳能充电板,这很重要。

7. Acclimate to comfort.

习惯于舒适。

Eliminate every discomfort from your life.

把一切不舒服的东西驱逐出你的生活。

Blame others when the world seems hard, and is not living up to your standards.

当感到世界充满艰难,总是达不到你的标准时,指责别人吧。


New words


1.Prioritize 英 [prai'ɔritaiz, 'praiəri-] 美 [praɪ'ɔrətaɪz] 

vt. 把…区分优先次序 vi. 把事情按优先顺序排好

e.g.Prioritize and plan for what you want.

优先考虑和计划你想要什么。


2.gratification 英 [ɡrætɪfɪ'keɪʃn] 美 [,ɡrætɪfɪ'keʃən] 

n. 满意;喜悦;使人满意之事

e.g.We live in a culture of instant gratification.

我们生活在即时满足的文化中。


3.comparison 英 [kəm'pærɪs(ə)n] 美 [kəm'pærɪsn] 

n. 比较;对照;比喻;比较关系

e.g.There is no comparison between the two.

二者不能相比。


4.Internalize 英 [ɪn'tɜːn(ə)laɪz] 美 [ɪn'tɝnəlaɪz] 

vt. 使(习俗等经吸收同化而)内在化;使藏在心底

e.g.Yet, proper learning requires time to internalize the new information and experiment with it.

然而,适当地学习需要时间来使新的信息和试验内在化。


5.connoisseur 英 [,kɒnə'sɜː] 美 [,kɑnə'sɝ] 

n. 鉴赏家;内行

e.g.Become a connoisseur of the best things other people have done.

让自己成为一个鉴赏家,鉴赏那些由他人完成的佳作。


6.possessions 英 [pə'zeʃənz] 美 [pə'zeʃənz] 

n. [经] 财产;所有物(possession的复数形式)

e.g.He put his possessions up for auction.

他把他的财产拿出来拍卖。


7.panel 英 ['pæn(ə)l] 美 ['pænl] 

n. 仪表板;嵌板;座谈小组,全体陪审员 vt. 嵌镶板

e.g.On the next panel, keep the defaults.

在下一个面板中,保留缺省值。


8.Acclimate 英 ['æklɪmeɪt; ə'klaɪmət] 美 ['ækləmet] 

vi. 服水土;适应新环境 vt. 使适应;使服水土

e.g.Yet as challenging as heat and humidity are, people can acclimate.

虽然热度和湿度都有影响,但人们能够适应。


9.Eliminate 英 [ɪ'lɪmɪneɪt] 美 [ɪ'lɪmɪnet] 

vt. 消除;排除

e.g.Snickers will replenish your energy and eliminate your hunger immediately.

士力架能帮你迅速补充体力,消除饥饿感.


Phrases


1.focus on 集中于

2.surround sound 环绕立体声

3.living up to 符合;不辜负;做到


本译文仅供个人研习、欣赏语言之用,谢绝任何转载及用于任何商业用途。本译文所涉法律后果均由本人承担。本人同意平台在接获有关著作权人的通知后,删除文章。

你可能感兴趣的:(【译文】How to stop being rich and happy)