Beautiful Lines

《Pride and Prejudice》

1.The world is blinded by his fortune and importance, or frightened by his high and demanding manners.

世人要么被他的大量财产以及显贵地位蒙蔽了双眼,要么就是被他盛气凌人的举止吓到。

2.Once she left, she could think of nothing else but him.

刚一走,她就满脑子都是他。

3.As a boy ,he had been wrongly taught that flattery was the answer to ignorance and fear, both of which traits he had much of.

小的时候他就被错误的教导,应对无知与恐惧的最好方法就是恭维奉承,而这两个缺点他都有。

4.You mistake me if you expect to influence me with such an attack.

如果你想用这种人身攻击的方式来改变我的想法,那你真的是看错我了。

5.You could not make me happy,and I am the last woman in the world who could make you happy.

你不可能使我幸福,我也绝对不能使你幸福。

6.When she said something, she meant it.

她这个人一旦做出决定就绝不悔改。

7.The united efforts of his two unfeeling sisiters and Darcy,his best friend,.assisted by the attractions of Miss Darcy, might be enough for him to forget Jane.

他有两个无情的姐妹,还有一位挚友达西,再加上达西小姐那么迷人,这些足以使他忘记珍妮了。

8.They were too busy thinking of their own lives and what their futures might hold.

她们一心想的都是她们自己以及未来会有什么样的生活。

9.There seems to be a shortage of merit and sense in some people.

似乎有些人就是缺少美德,缺少理智。

10.We must not expect a young man to always act responsibly.

My vanity deceived me.

Women think admiration means more than it does.

我们不能总是指望一位青年言行谨慎。

是我的虚荣心欺骗了我。

女人总是把崇拜和爱混为一谈。

11.If they believed he loved me,they would not try to part us.

若他们相信宾利爱我的话,他们就不会企图把我们分开。

12.Without supposing them to be in love, their closeness made her uneasy.

她并不认为两人真心相爱,但是他们间的亲密程度让她觉得不自在。

13.What a today he was!

瞧他今天的样子!(贬义)

14.But she kept her thoughts to herself,and smiled and spoke to to everyone, expressing her happiness at being there.

但她就是在心里这样想着,和其他人又说又笑表达当晚的喜悦之情。

15.My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me.

别人越是吓唬我,我的胆量越大。

16.I've known you long enough to know you find great enjoyment in professing opinions which are not your own.

我认识你这么久,知道你喜欢说一些言不由衷的话。

17.I had not at that time the honor of knowing any lady there beyond my own party.

当时除了自己那伙人外,我很难认识在场的女士。

18.He must be in love with you,or he would never have called on us in this familiar way!

他一定是爱上你了,否则绝不会这样随便就过来找我们。

19.She didn't want to raise her friend's expectations,lest they end in disappointment.

以免人家动了心,结果却是一场空。

20.I know I am supposed to thank you for your love,even if it is not welcome.

我知道即使我不想接受你的表白,我也应该感谢你对我的爱。

你可能感兴趣的:(Beautiful Lines)