If tomorrow comes (12)假如明天来临

BOOK TWO

第二部

Chapter 12

第12章

Tracy's next stop was at the New Orleans Holiday Travel Agency. The young woman behind the.desk asked, "May I help you?"

特蕾西的下一步骤是前往新奥尔良假日旅游社。坐在桌子后面的那位年轻姑娘问:“您有事吗?”

"I'm Joseph Romano's secretary. Mr. Romano would like to make a reservation for Rio de Janeiro. He wants to leave this Friday."

“我是约瑟夫-罗马诺的秘书。罗马诺先生想订一张前往里约热内卢的机票。他希望这个星期五动身。”

"Will that be one ticket?"

“只要一张吗?”

"Yes. First class. An aisle seat. Smoking, please."

“是的。要头等的。靠通道口的座位,允许吸烟的。麻烦您给办一下。”

"Round trip?"

“来回票吗?”

"One way."

“单程的。”

The travel agent turned to her desk computer. In a few seconds, she said, "We're all set. One first-class seat on Pan American's Flight seven twenty-eight, leaving at six-thirty-five P.M. on Friday, with a short stopover in Miami."

那位旅游社的职员转向她桌子上的电脑。几秒钟后,她说:“好了。一张泛美航空公司第728航次的头等票,星期五下午六点三十分起飞,中途在迈阿密捉短暂停留。”

"He'll be very pleased," Tracy assured the woman.

“他一定非常满意。”特蕾西对那女人说。

"That will be nineteen hundred twenty-nine dollars. Will that be cash or charge?"

“票价是一千九百二十九美元。付现款还是记帐?”

"Mr. Romano always pays cash. COD. Could you have the ticket delivered to his office on Thursday, please?"

“罗马诺先生总是付现款的,一手交钱,一手交货。麻烦您星期四把票送到他的办公室,可以吗?”

"We could have it delivered tomorrow, if you like."

“如果你愿意,我们明天就可以送去。”

"No. Mr. Romano won't be there tomorrow. Would you make it Thursday at eleven A.M.?"

“不用。罗马诺先生明天不在那里。您能星期四上午十一点给他送去吗?”

"Yes. That will be fine. And the address?"

“可以。那就这样。请问地址?”

"Mr. Joseph Romano, Two-seventeen Poydras Street, Suite four-zero-eight."

“约瑟夫-罗马诺先生,博德拉斯街二百一十七号,四零八房间。”

The woman made a note of it. "Very well. I'll see that it's delivered Thursday morning."

那女人记下地址:“很好,星期四上午一定送去。”

"Eleven sharp," Tracy said. "Thank you."

“十一点整,”特蕾西说,“谢谢。”

Half a block down the street was the Acme Luggage Store. Tracy studied the display in the window before she walked inside.

沿街走半里地,有一家旅游用品商店。特蕾西研究了一下橱窗里的展品,然后走了进去。

A clerk approached her. "Good morning. And what can I do for you this morning?"

一名售货员走到她跟前:“早上好。您要买点儿什么?”

"I want to buy some luggage for my husband."

“我想为我丈夫买几个手提箱。”

"You've come to the right place. We're having a sale. We have some nice, inexpensive---"

“您算找对地方了。我们正在大拍卖。我们有一些物美价廉的——”

"No," Tracy said. "Nothing inexpensive."

“不,”特蕾西说,“不要便宜货。”

She stepped over to a display of Vuitton suitcases stacked against a wall. ""That's more what I'm looking for. We're going away on a trip."

她走到靠墙放着的维顿公司生产的手提箱前。“这种还象个样子。我们要去旅游。”

"Well, I'm sure he'll be pleased with one of these. We have three different sizes. Which one would---?"

“嗯,我相信您丈夫会喜欢这种箱子的。我们有三种不同规格的,您想要哪一种?”

"I'll take one of each."

“每一种都要一个。”

你可能感兴趣的:(If tomorrow comes (12)假如明天来临)