A Potluck Dinner 一次百乐餐聚会

Liz has invited her friends to her place for her birthday dinner. Albert and Alice meet each other at the community's entrance and are now walking towards Liz's apartment.

莉斯邀请她的朋友到她家吃生日晚餐。艾尔伯特和艾丽斯在社区的入口处相遇,现在正走向莉斯的公寓。


Alice & Albert

Alice: Albert校友及好朋友,在一家英语培训机构任职

Albert:本书男主,跨国公司程序员

Albert: This is my first time going to a potluck dinner party. I'm really looking forward to it!

艾尔伯特: 这是我第一次参加百乐餐聚会。我真的很期待!

Alice: Me too! After all,we tend to celebrate our birthdays at restaurants. Everyone bring their own dishes to a party is new to me.

艾丽斯: 我也是! 毕竟,我们倾向于在餐馆庆祝生日。每个人带自己的菜来参加聚会对我来说都是新鲜事。

Albert: Indeed. But I always like to try new things.

艾尔伯特: 确实。但我总是喜欢尝试新事物。

Alice: I wonder why Jeremy and Anna never held a potluck dinner before.

艾丽斯: 我想知道为什么杰里米和安娜以前从不举办百乐餐聚会。

Albert: Perhaps they don't want to clean all the dishes afterwards.

艾尔伯特: 也许他们不想饭后洗所有的盘子。

Alice: Haha! That may be true for Jeremy! By the way,what did you bring today?

艾丽斯: 哈哈! 对杰里米来说可能是这样! 顺便问一下,你今天带了什么?

Albert: I made somked meatloaf.

艾尔伯特: 我做了烟熏肉糕。

Alice: Wow! Sounds delicious and quite difficult to make.

艾丽斯: 哇! 听起来很美味,但是很难做。

Albert: Actually,it's not as hard as it seems. What did you bring?

艾尔伯特: 事实上,并不像看起来那么难。你带了什么?

Alice: Well,I brought a chocolate cake.

艾丽斯: 嗯,我带了一个巧克力蛋糕。

Albert: Really? Did you bake it by yourself?

艾尔伯特: 真的吗?你自己烤的吗?

Alice: Of course! It took me quite some time though. I followes the recipe step by step. Hopefully,it tastes good.

艾丽斯: 当然! 不过我花了不少时间。我一步一步地按食谱做。希望,它味道很好。

Albert: Don't worry. If the cake didn't turn out well,we can always eat more of my meatloaf.

艾尔伯特: 别担心。如果蛋糕不成功,我们可以多吃点我的烘肉卷。

Alice: Let's hope it won't come to that.

艾丽斯: 希望不会发展到那种地步。


本课生词总结

potluck:n. 家常便饭;百乐餐(每人自带一个菜的家庭聚会)

Moments:朋友圈 n. 片刻(moment复数形式)

somked:烟熏的

meatloaf:n. 烘肉卷

bake :vt. 烤,烘焙

你可能感兴趣的:(A Potluck Dinner 一次百乐餐聚会)