看美剧学英语:《少年谢尔顿第一季》01- part 2



Subtitle:  Are you crying or having an allergy attack?

你是哭了还是过敏犯了


have an allergy attack  过敏

have an attack of  病情发作

have an attack of collywobbles 有害怕的感觉

have an attack of fever发高烧

have an attack of indigestion消化不良发作


Subtitle:  but that's 'cause she's gullible, not a liar.

但她只是好骗而不是个骗子

gullible  adj. 易受骗的



Subtitle:  You understand that some people are gonna be intimidated by you 'cause of how smart you are?

你明白学校里会有人因为你太聪明而感到威胁吧

be intimidated by  受到威胁

intimidate v.  威胁 恐吓



Subtitle:  Speaking of which,说到这个

Speaking of ...   说到...



Subtitle:  how about we lose the bowtie?

咱们别戴领结了好吗

lose the bowtie   解下领带



Subtitle:  Well, perhaps I'll start a fad.

或许我可以引领潮流啊

start a fad  引领潮流

fad 一时的流行;一时的风尚;一时的怪念头


Subtitle:  I'll take you to RadioShack.

我就带你去逛睿侠电器行

RadioShack 逛睿侠电器行:国老牌电器行主要卖电器与各种线


Subtitle:  I smell ammonia.

我闻到了氨水味

ammonia 氨水


Subtitle: Well, that was revolting.

里面真是让人想吐

revolting  使人厌恶的


Subtitle:  and this girl's blouse is diaphanous, which means I can see her brassiere.

这个女生的上衣太透 这表示我能看到底下的胸罩

blouse   短上衣; 女衬衫

diaphanous (半)透明的;

brassiere       胸罩                


Subtitle: I will take that into account.

我会再参考你的意见

take ... into account   参考....的意见



Subtitle:  Also in violation of the grooming code on page 48,

您违反了仪容规章第48页

in violation of   违反...

grooming  n. 修饰

grooming code 仪容规章


he questioned my credentials.

他就开始质疑我的文凭

question v. 质疑


How am I supposed to control a classroom when a kid accuses me of being in breach of the hygiene code?

一个孩子质疑我违反了卫生条例的情况下 我还怎么管住一个班


in breach of 违反...

hygiene code 卫生条例

code  规章 条例

你可能感兴趣的:(看美剧学英语:《少年谢尔顿第一季》01- part 2)