我们想说地道美语,但是如何才能表达地道美语呢?我们来看看下面的几点
1. 我上周回老家了。
你可能会说,I went to my hometown.
更地道的表达:I took a little trip last week to my hometown.
2.我母亲过60大寿。
你可能会说,My mother had her 60-year-old birthday.
说得蛮好的,可以加一个party.
My mother had her 60-year-old birthday party.
3.我给我爸爸庆祝生日。
I am celebrating my father's birthday.
4.上海去泰国直航需要花5小时。
你可能会说, It takes 5 hours to fly directly from Shanghai to Thailand.
其实不错的,那么如果要用直航的词组呢,
It takes 5 hours from Shanghai to Thailand, if you go on a direct flight.
记得我们之前学过一个单词,公众号里的,layover还记得吗?
I don't have a layover from Shanghai to Thailand.
是不是也蛮棒的呢?
5. 给人小费,怎么说?
可以直接用tip someone
give a tip 也不错
leave a tip (在餐桌上)
6.去餐厅点东西
order your food
7. 没有人会走到桌边给你上东西。
Nobody walks to your table to serve you.
更简单和地道:Nobody goes to your table with your food.
8. 没人会过来点单。
Nobody goes to your table to get your order.
9. 去餐厅吃饭,host 或者hostess都会问,你们有几个人,一般会怎么问?
They asked you how many persons you have.
They asked how many of you are there.
再简单点,How many of you?
10. 挂衣间
a coat check: a place where you can check or leave your coat
11. 收费
charge you money for sth
12. 剪头发,初中学的
get your hair cut
13. 说到会有人给迎宾小费,然后给你前面的号,让你提早进餐馆。但是我不推荐这样做。
I don't recommend doing that, but there are some people who do that.
14. 有人帮我拿行李
someone is helping me with my luggage
15. 我要给餐厅打个电话预定座位。
I would like to call the restaurant and make a reservation.
16. 到了酒店你说,我是以Alex的名义定的酒店。
I have a reservation in the name of Alex.
更多地道表达,请关注微信公众号:小紫美语