视频链接:
https://v.qq.com/x/page/j1431u5m873.html?
When asked "what's the biggest mistake we make in life?" the buddha replied.
有人问佛祖,人一生所能犯下的最大的错误是什么?
"This biggest mistake is you think you have time."
佛祖回答,人生最大的错误就是你以为你有时间
Time is free but it's priceless
时间是免费的,但也是无价的
You can't own it,but you can use it .
你无法拥有它,但你能使用它
You can't keep it ,but you can spend it .
你无法储存,但你能花费
And once it's last you can never get it back.
一旦它流逝了就再也无法被寻回
That average person lives 78 years.
人的一生平均只有78年
We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping.
其中有28.3年都在睡觉
That's almost a third of our life but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.
那将近是我们人生的三分之一,但30%的人拥有睡眠问题
We spend 10.5 years of our life working but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs.
我们花费10.5年的时间在工作,但超过一半的人想要离开现在的工作
Time is more valuable than money.
时间的价值超越金钱
You can get more money,
你可以转到更多的金钱
but you can never get more time.
但你永远无法获取更多的时间
We spend 9 years on T.V. and social media.
我们有9年的时间花在电视和社群媒体上
We spend 6 years doing chores.
6年的时间在处理家庭杂务
We spend 4 years eating and drinking.
4年的时间在饮食
We spend 3.5 years in education.
3.5年的时间在念书
We spend 2.5 years grooming.
2.5年的时间在梳妆打扮
We spend 2.5 years shopping.
2.5年的时间购物
We spend 1.5 years in child care.
1.5年的时间照顾孩子
We spend 1.3 years commuting.
1.3年的时间通勤
That leaves us with 9 years.
剩下的只有9年
How will we spend that time?
我们要如何运用这些时间?
Steve Jobs said "your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life".
贾伯斯说过:人生是有限的,不要活在他人的人生
So there's good news and there's bad news.
所以有好消息也有坏消息
That bad news is time flies,
坏消息是时光飞逝
the good news is you're the pilot.
好消息是你是时光的机师
Imagine you wake up every day with ¥86400 in your bank account.
想象一下你每天早上起床银行账户里就多了86400元
And at the end of the night it's all gone whether you spent it or not .
但在一天结束前不管有没有花完钱都会消失
And then the next day you get another ¥86400
到了隔天你有可以获得86400元
What would we do with it ?
你会如何用这些钱?
Everyday 86400 seconds are deposited into your life account.
每一天你的人生账户都会存入86400秒
At the end of the day once they're all used up you get a new 86400 seconds.
当一天过去你又将获得新的86400秒
We would never waste it if it was money,
如果那是钱我们绝不会白白浪费掉
so why do we waste it when it comes to time?
为何换成是时间我们就随意浪费了呢?
Those seconds are so moch more powerful than dollars because you can always make more dollars, you can't always make more time.
那8万秒比8万元拥有更大的力量,因为你总是有机会能赚到更多的钱,但你永远没办法得到更多的时间
To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student tho failed a grade.
想知道一年所拥有的价值,就去问问那些被留级的学生
To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who last their child in the final month.
想知道一个月的价值,就去问问在最后一个月流产的产妇
To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine.
想知道1个星期的价值,就去问问线上杂志的编辑
To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple those in an long distance relationship.
想知道1个小时的价值,就去问问异地恋的情侣
To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus ,train or plane.
想知道1分钟的价值,就去问问错过公车,火车,飞机的乘客
To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident.
想知道1秒钟的价值,就去问问大难不死的生还者
To realize the value of 1 millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.
想知道一毫秒的价值,就去问问奥运银牌的得主
We think it's people wasting our time but it's really us giving them the permission to do that.
我们认为是别人在浪费我们的时间,但其实是我们自己允许他们这样做的
and in reality , these 2 people live inside us.
而事实上,我们身体里都住着两个人
Don't let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.
不要把别人放在最前面当你对他们来说只是一个选择
Some of us lose the people most important to us because we don't value their time,
有些人失去了对他们来说最重要的人,只因为没有珍惜一起相处得时光
Some of us don't recognize how important someone is to us until they're gone .
有些人不理解别人有多重要,知道他们离开了身边
Inside all of us are a voices
在我们心中存在着两种声音
1 voice that wants to uplift.
一种催促着我们向上提升
1 voice that wants us to expand
希望我们宏图大展
1 voice that wants us to grow.
要求我们成长茁壮
And then there's the other voice
但另一种声音
The voice that holds us back.
欲拖住我们的脚步
The voice that makes us lazy.
要我们懒惰
The voice that makes us complacent.
叫我们满意于现状
The voice that restricts us from our potential.
让我们的潜力被埋没
Everyday from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep,
每一天从我们早上醒来直到晚上入睡
inside of us there's this battle between the 2 voices.
在我们心中这两种声音彼此交战
And guess which one wins?
而最后哪一种声音赢了?
The one that we listen to the most.
我们言听计从的那一种
The one that we feed.
我们豢养着
The one that we amplify.
选择放大的那一种
It is our choice of how we use our time .
如何运用我们的时间都是我们的选择
Life and time are the best tow teachers.
生命和时间是最有智慧的两位导师
Life teachers us to make good use of time.
生命教导我们要善用自己的时间
And time teachers us the value of life.
时间则告诉我们生命的价值
And as william Shakespeare said.
正如莎士比亚所说的:
"Time is very slow for those wo want,
对渴求的人而言,度日如年
very fast for those who are scared,
对畏惧的人而言,岁月如梭
very long for those who are sad
对悲伤的人而言,长夜漫漫
and very short for those who celebrate.
对举杯的人而言,时光荏苒
but for those who love,
但对于爱着的人
time is eternal."
时光是永恒的