英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Tess Westin, AP. | 特丝·威斯汀助理制片人 |
Yes. | 没错 |
Gary Cooper. | 加里·库柏 |
Can that really be his name? | 他真叫这名字吗 |
Yes. Desk producer. | 没错后期制片 |
Tamara Hart, AP. | 塔玛拉·哈特助理制片人 |
I'm on fire. | 我无敌了 |
New neighbors. | 新邻居 |
Okay. | 好吧 |
- Morning. - Big day. | -早安-今天要忙了 |
Can I talk to you a second? | 能跟你说两句话吗 |
完整版请点击 | |
- We've got a rundown meeting. - Yeah. | -台本讨论会快开始了-知道 |
- They're very young out there. - I know. | -这些人很年轻-我知道 |
But what they lack in experience, | 他们的缺点是经验不足 |
they make up for in inexperience. | 优点也是经验不足 |
- Mac... - It's an asset. | -麦肯-这是好事 |
They don't know how to do the news badly yet. | 他们还没学会怎么做烂新闻 |
Or really at all. | 是压根什么都不会吧 |
Some of them will be doing things they haven't done before, | 有些人虽然是第一次上手 |
but they'll be supervised. | 但会有人带他们的 |
I want to grow these people, | 我要好好培养这些人 |
so you're going to go easy on them. | 你对他们态度好点 |
We talked about this last night | 咱们昨晚就说过这件事 |
and for three hours the night before | 前天晚上说了三小时 |
and again at 4:00 AM this morning. | 今早四点又说了一遍 |
And you're sure you don't wanna lead with the spill? | 你确定不要用漏油事件作开场吗 |
- I am. Is that what you wanted to talk about? - No. | -确定你就想跟我谈这个吗-不 |
I think most people here know that you and I were together a while ago. | 我觉得这儿大多数人都知道我们以前交往过 |
I think so, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
- I don't want anyone to know why we're not together now. - Sure. | -我不想他们知道我们分手的原因-好的 |
- I mean no one. - You think I'm gonna talk about it? | -谁都不行-你觉得我会到处说吗 |
I find it hard to predict what you will and won't do. | 我可猜不出你能做出什么事来 |
I won't be telling anyone. | 我不会告诉别人的 |
As long as we're straight. | 咱们可把话说清楚了 |
- We are. - No one. Nothing. | -很清楚了-谁都不行什么都别说 |
Just to be clear, you want me to tell some people, | 也就是说你是想让我告诉某些人 |
- but not everyone. - Let's go. | -但不是所有人-走了 |
You're going to have nine minutes with Jan Brewer, | 你有九分钟的时间采访简·布鲁尔 |
and nine minutes with La Raza. | 九分钟采访拉美裔委员会 |
I wanna go on record saying we should open with the spill. | 我正式提议用漏油事件作开场 |
- Done. - We'll open with the spill? | -好的-要用漏油事件作开场吗 |
No, but you're on record saying you think we should. | 不但你的提议已记录在案 |
The spill is all anyone's talking about. | 漏油事件是人们关注的焦点 |
Because we're the ones telling them to. | 那是因为我们让它成为了焦点 |
We're still reporting on it, just not at the top. | 还是要报道的只不过不是头条 |
I'm looking at film of an oil rig sinking into the ocean. | 石油钻塔沉进海里的画面 |
That's pretty good television. | 多好的节目素材 |
We don't do good television, we do the news. | 咱们做的不是好节目是好新闻 |
- Good morning. - Good morning. | -早上好-早上好 |
And welcome to the first pitch meeting of "News Night" 2.0. | 欢迎参加"晚间新闻"2.0的首次选题会 |
The chaos of the spill is settling down | 漏油事件已渐渐平息 |
and we get to do our first real show. | 咱们要开始正式做节目了 |
11:00, I hear the pitches; | 11点进行选题 |
4:00, the show starts to look like the show; | 4点节目初步成形 |
and 6:00, we lock it in. | 6点节目正式敲定 |
I learned everyone's names last night. | 我昨晚把大家的名字都记住了 |
A huge step in the right direction. | 大大的进步 |
We'll be opening tonight with SB 1070, | 今晚开场报道参议院1070号法案 |
the Arizona immigration bill, | 亚利桑那州的移民法案 |
which Will supports, by the way. | 威尔很支持这个法案 |
You all thought he was a closet liberal | 大家都以为他私下里是个自由派 |
when, really, he's a closet moron. | 而实际上他私下里是个白痴 |
I'm not a closet anything. | 我私下里什么都不是 |
Seriously, I know everyone's name. | 说真的我知道所有人的名字 |
I was up half the night | 我花了半个晚上的时间 |
learning to pronounce Calanasia Zbrezniak. | 读会了"卡拉娜西亚·泽布雷西尼亚克" |
Cally doesn't work here anymore. | 卡莉已经不在这儿干了 |
- Dianastasia Jorma? - Nope. | -戴安娜塔西亚·约尔玛呢-也不干了 |
Mohammed al Mohammed el Mohammed bin Bazir? | 穆罕默德·阿尔·穆罕默德·艾尔·穆罕默德·本·巴沙尔呢 |
- Went to Fox. - Fox hired | -跳槽去福克斯台了-福克斯 |
someone with three Mohammeds in their name? | 竟然雇了个名字里有三个"穆罕默德"的人 |
But let's give him a hand for effort. | 如此努力大家掌声鼓励 |
Shut up! | 停下 |
- Is your name really Gary Cooper? - Yeah. | -你名字真叫加里·库珀吗-是的 |
What is "News Night" 2.0? | "晚间新闻"2.0是什么 |
- This is... - Mac, the... | -这就是...-麦肯那个 |
Right. Thank you. | 对了多谢 |
Before we get to 2.0, I'm supposed to read | 进入正题之前先读一下 |
something from IT and I don't want to forget. | IT部的通知免得忘了 |
"New aliases have been set up for in-house e-mails. | "内网电子邮件的代名系统已经建好 |
Autocomplete has been enabled on your Outlook." | 电邮客户端已支持自动填充功能" |
Anybody know what that meant? | 有谁知道这是什么意思 |
Right. | 好吧 |
"Asterisk-interns" Or "Asterisk-staff"... | 实习生或者员工 |
an asterisk makes it go to a group. | 加星号的邮件发给整个组 |
No asterisk makes it go to an individual. | 不加星号的就只发给个人 |
Your name is Neelamani Sampat. | 你叫尼拉玛尼·桑帕特 |
- Nailed it. - Neal's fine. | -小菜一碟-叫我尼尔就行 |
Can you say it one more time? | 再说一遍好吗 |
Just type an e-mail to someone. | 发封邮件试试 |
Okay, I'm sending an e-mail to Will. | 好的我给威尔发封邮件 |
I'm typing it. I'm still typing it. | 打字继续打字 |
- What are you doing now? - Still typing. | -现在呢-还在打字 |
And I'm sending it. | 发送 |
It's all right. You made two mistakes. | 好吧你犯了两个错误 |
You used an asterisk, and instead of typing W for "Will," | 你用了星号而且把代表"威尔"的"W" |
you typed S for "Staff." | 错写成了代表"员工"的"S" |
They're close together on the keyboard. | 这俩键离得太紧了 |
"Will McAvoy's a closet bigot who hates immigrants | "威尔·麦卡沃伊对移民一肚子的偏见 |
even though this country was founded by immigrants." | 但他的祖国却是由移民建立起来的" |
- Everybody get the same thing? - Yep. | -大家都收到了吗-是的 |
No one in this newsroom's job is being threatened by an undocumented worker. | 那是因为无证劳工抢不了你们的饭碗 |
Here we go. This is "News Night" 2.0. | 进入正题这就是"晚间新闻"2.0 |
Sorry! | 抱歉 |
完整版请点击 | |
- Excuse me, Charlie? - Yeah. | -打扰一下查理-什么事 |
You wanted to see me? | 你要见我 |
A 12-year-old kid in Topeka is trying to convince me | 托皮卡的一个12岁小毛孩想让我相信 |
he's got a pair of jacks in the hole. | 他手里有两张J |
- Shouldn't he be in school? - He is in school. | -他不用上学吗-他在学校呢 |
- How can I help you? - Hang on. | -有什么事吗-等一下 |
He really did have jacks in the hole. | 他还真有两张J |
Is there a way I can tell his parents? | 我能不能向他家长告状 |
- I'm a little busy. - Sure. | -我很忙的-我知道 |
You know how you have a secret meeting with Will | 你每天都和威尔秘密会面 |
every day to talk about numbers? | 讨论收视率吧 |
- I... we don't have a secret meeting. - Yeah, you do. | -我们没有秘密会面-你们有 |
You meet with him in private | 你私下里找他 |
- and you tell him exactly... - I do it at his request. | -告诉了他确切的-是他要求的 |
- It's very instructive. - It is. | -裨益良多-是的 |
- It's invaluable. - Yeah. | -非常难得-对啊 |
I want you to stop. | 我要你停下来 |
Don't break down the numbers for him for a little while. | 这段时间不要帮他分析数据 |
Can I ask why? | 我能问为什么吗 |
We're trying something new | 我们在尝试新花样 |
and I don't want him getting cold feet. | 我不希望他临阵退缩 |
- He listens to you. - He should. | -他听你的-他应该的 |
But what do you mean you're trying something new? | 你说尝试新花样是什么意思 |
We're going to try doing the news, see what happens. | 我们在尝试做新闻看看效果如何 |
I don't get it. | 我不明白 |
There are two important conversations... | 有两件事非常重要 |
how do we do the best news possible | 第一如何做出最好的新闻 |
and how do we get the most people to watch? | 第二如何吸引更多的观众 |
I don't want one of those conversations | 我不希望两者之间 |
to have anything to do with the other... | 有任何的牵制 |
You don't want ratings to drive content. | 你不希望由收视率主导内容 |
- Exactly. - Neither do I. | -正是-我也不想 |
- I want content to drive ratings. - That's the hope. | -我希望内容主导收视率-希望如此 |
But for the moment, I don't want ratings in Will's head at all. | 但我暂时不想让威尔考虑收视率问题 |
I'd be able to tell him you spiked | 我可以告诉他 |
close to 75,000 new viewers since you broke your story. | 漏油报道后新增了近七万五千名观众 |
That's 10% in four days. | 四天就涨了10% |
In addition to the haul he brought in after he went crazy at Northwestern. | 这还没算上"发疯"事件吸引的人数 |
- He didn't go crazy. - I'd be able to tell him | -他没有发疯-我可以告诉他 |
that 32% of those are in the demo... | 其中主流消费群体占32% |
- Reese. - and 44% make over 75K, | -里斯-44%的人年薪超过七万五 |
which means we can charge more for 15 and 30s | 我们能给15-30年龄段的广告加价 |
and get out of the wheelchair-selling business. | 然后摆脱老年人生意 |
And what does he do with that information? | 他听了以后会怎么做呢 |
He stretches out the spill as long as he can. | 尽可能多的报道漏油事件 |
- That's ratings driving content. - That's just reality. | -这叫收视率主导内容-这叫现实 |
- Reese. - No, I need to be able to do my job. | -里斯-不我要尽我的本分 |
Just don't break down the numbers for Will. | 拜托你不要帮威尔分析数据 |
We've never gotten along that well, have we? | 我们从来都谈不拢 |
Reese, don't break down the numbers for Will. | 里斯不要帮威尔分析数据 |
If I hid in a locked vault buried under the AWM building, | 就算我躲在公司地下的密室里 |
Will would find me so I could break down the numbers for him | 威尔也会把我找出来帮他分析数据 |
because Will McAvoy is the biggest ratings whore in the business. | 威尔·麦卡沃伊是业界最拿收视率当妈的 |
- I'm not the bad guy. - Nobody's the bad guy. | -我不是坏人-谁都不是坏人 |
Though if you call Will a whore again, | 但你要是再提威尔他妈 |
I'm going to take out your teeth one punch at a time. | 我会打得你满地找牙一拳一颗 |
- Anything else? - No, sir. | -还有事吗-没了 |
This is a new show and there are new rules. | 新节目就有新规则 |
One, "Is this information we need in the voting booth?" | 第一"它是否会影响选民的投票选择" |
Two, "Is this the best possible form of the argument?" | 第二"它是否能最好地表述论点" |
And three, "Is the story in historical context?" | 第三"它是否具有历史背景" |
You can use a mnemonic device. | 你们可以这样记 |
I-I-I, the three Is. | 它-它-它三个它 |
- That's not really helpful. - I was gonna say. | -貌似没什么用-我正想说呢 |
We're not opening with BP? | 不拿英石油开场了吗 |
It'll go down in the D block. There's nothing new. | 挤到第四段去没啥新进展 |
How about today's day four | 不如说说都四天了 |
of the president not saying anything about it? | 总统还未对此事作出回应 |
Would you get off the man's back? | 你放他一马行不行啊 |
Jesus Christ. I'm surprised you found room. | 老天爷我服了你了 |
Gary, Kendra. | 这是加里这是肯德拉 |
Gary is the smart black guy who's not afraid to criticize Obama. | 加里是敢于批判奥巴马的黑人棒小伙 |
Kendra got double 800s on her SATs, makes Gary crazy. | 肯德拉SAT双满分加里不服气 |
- I studied. - BP's going in the D block. | -我做了功课-英石油放到第四段播 |
Jim. | 吉姆 |
SB 1070 passed the Arizona House last week | 1070号法案上周由亚利桑那众议院表决通过 |
and a few days later passed the State Senate. | 没过几天州参议院也表决通过 |
Its official name is | 官方名称是 |
the Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act. | 《支持执法工作和安全社区法》 |
It requires immigrants carry their alien registration documents at all times, | 规定移民须时刻携带移民文件 |
requires police question people if there's reason to suspect | 规定警察可以盘查 |
they're in the United States illegally, | 疑似非法居留的人员 |
and it targets those who hire illegal immigrants. | 并打击雇佣非法移民的公司 |
The governor signs the bill today. | 州长今日签署了法案 |
Is it worth mentioning this is the same state that offered a bill | 要不要加一条也正是该州曾通过法案 |
requiring presidential candidates to show | 要求总统候选人提供出生地证明 |
宪法规定只有在美国出生才有资格竞选总统 很多怀疑论者认为奥巴马出生于肯尼亚 | |
their birth certificates in order to get on the ballot? | 才能列入该州的选票 |
In a courtroom, that would be called "Prejudicial." | 在法庭上这叫做"偏私" |
It would be called prejudicial anywhere. | 在哪都叫偏见 |
Nope, not that kind of prejudicial. | 不不是那种偏见 |
We've got the governor for nine minutes. | 我们能有九分钟采访州长 |
- Just us. She's only talking to Will. - How'd you swing that? | -独家她只跟威尔谈-你怎么做到的 |
By telling her about "News Night" 2.0. | 我给她介绍了"晚间新闻"2.0 |
You showed her the easel? | 你给她看白板了 |
I convinced her she's not going to have to outshout a crazy person. | 我说服了她不用跟一疯子比嗓子 |
That studio is a courtroom | 演播室就是法庭 |
and we only call expert witnesses. | 我们只连线专家证人 |
Will is the attorney for both sides. | 威尔兼任双方的律师 |
He examines the witness and reveals facts. | 他调查证人证言揭露真相 |
You will be amazed at the guests we'll book | 就用这么简单明了的模板来连线嘉宾 |
using that unbelievably obvious template. | 到时候的效果你们一定会大吃一惊 |
You don't have to raise your hand. | 不用举手 |
I saw one of those crazy | 昨晚我看到一个狂热的 |
militia guys on "Jon Stewart" Last night. | 国民警卫队员上了乔恩·斯图尔特的节目 |
We could also have him on. | 我们可以请他来 |
Did you hear me when I was speaking just then | 你是没听到我刚才说的吗 |
or were you distracted by a bumblebee? | 还是你被大黄蜂分心了 |
What does the I stand for? | 这个"它"表示什么 |
The...the second I. | 第二个"它" |
"Is this the best possible form of the argument?" | "它是否能最好地表述论点" |
Not the most colorful version, | 而不是最华丽的版本 |
not the most outrageous version, | 也不是最惊人的版本 |
but the best possible version. | 而是最佳的版本 |
- How do you define "Best"? - I define it by the source. | -怎么定义"最佳"-根据消息源 |
I define it by the number of relevant facts it contains, | 根据它包含相关事实的数目 |
and I define it by an X factor that I trust Will and myself to determine, | 根据我和威尔加起来五十年经验 |
using our combined five decades in the field. | 总结出来的经验公式 |
What's the best possible version of the Birther argument? | "出生地怀疑论"的最佳版本是什么 |
There isn't one. And that's the fourth-- | 不存在这就引出了第四点 |
Ah! This one's an A. | 啊这次是个"报" |
Are there really two sides to this story? | 报道是否真的具有两面性 |
So it's I-I-I-A. | 它-它-它-报 |
What does that mean, are there really... | 什么叫作"真的具有" |
The media is biased towards success | 传媒偏向于成功者 |
and the media is biased towards fairness. | 媒体也偏向于公平 |
How can you be biased toward fairness? | 什么叫"偏向于公平" |
There aren't two sides to every story. | 不是所有报道都能有两面性 |
Some stories have five sides, some only have one. | 有些报道有五个面有些只有一个 |
- You don't have to raise your hand. - I still don't under... | -不用举手-我还是不明白 |
Biased toward fairness means | "偏向于公平"指的是 |
that if the entire Congressional Republican Caucus | 如果整个国会的共和党议员 |
were to walk into the House and propose a resolution | 全体跑去众议院要求表决 |
stating that the earth was flat, the "Times" would lead | 声明地球是方的纽约时报的标题会是 |
with "Democrats and Republicans Can't Agree on Shape of Earth." | "两党未能就地球形状达成一致" |
- Mac? - Would you let them raise their hands? | -麦肯-还是让他们举手吧 |
- Fine. - Back to immigration. | -好吧-回到移民问题 |
Neelamani Sampat. It means "Blue jewel." | 尼拉玛尼·桑帕特意思是"蓝宝石" |
- I didn't know that. - I did. I took the time. I care. | -我都不知道-我花心思查的 |
- Are you asking him out? - If he wants me to. I'm nice. | -你在约他吗-如果他想我不介意 |
- And what are you still doing here? - I was asked to help. | -你还在这里干嘛-有人请我来帮忙 |
Don generously volunteered to help during the transition. | 过渡期间唐自告奋勇来帮忙 |
- He was asked or he volunteered? - I'm happy to go. | -到底是不是自愿的-我巴不得走 |
- Apologize. - I'm sorry. | -道歉-对不起 |
- To Don. - I'm over it. | -对唐说-算了 |
Neal. | 尼尔 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“新闻编辑室”