《小屁孩日记》双语阅读笔记3
《小屁孩日记》是一个美国中学生的日记,受孩子的影响,我也是《小屁孩日记》的成人铁粉啦。这套书故事情节富于想象力,幽默,虽然是一本儿童读物,但地道的英语表达是学习口语的好素材,读着英文,看着笑话,快乐阅读,快乐学习,启程吧!
But believe it or not, we made it all the way home without getting caught. Neither one of us let our guard down until we got to mydriveway.
真是难以置信,我们一路上有惊无险,终于安全到家。一直走到自家门外的车道,我们俩才敢放松警惕。
笔记:
You can’t let your guard down.
你不能放松警惕。
那么“提高警惕”呢
Something in his tone put her on her guard.
他说话的语气使她提高了警惕。
These men are dangerous so you’ll need to be on your guard.
这些人很危险,所以你要提高警惕。
But right then,there was this awful scream, and we saw a big wave of water coming toward us.
就在这时,只听见一阵巨响,然后就看到一团巨浪朝我们袭来
笔记:
awful: 让人讨厌的、恶劣的;可怕的;(量)极大或多的
He’s awful!
他讨厌透了!
We met and I thought he was awful.
我们见了面,我觉得他很讨人厌。
The weather was awful!
天气糟糕极了。
French tests are awful, aren’t they?
法语考试太可怕了,你说呢?
I’ve got an awful lot of work to do.
我有一大堆事情要做。
Man,I forgot all about Dad, and we totally paid the price for it.
天哪,我把老爸这手给忘了,这下可付出了沉痛的代价。
笔记:
Man: used to
emphasize what you are saying, especially when you are angry, surprised,
disappointed etc (在这里当作感叹词,而不是“男人、人类”的意思。用来强调你正在说的话,特别是当你生气、惊讶、失望的时候)
Man, that was alucky escape!
哎呀,那真是死里逃生啊!
When me and Rowleygot inside, we laid out all our candy on the kitchen table.
我跟罗利进家门的时候,我们把糖全都掏出来晾在餐桌上。
笔记:
lay out: 展开,摊开
He took a deck of cards and began to lay them out.
他拿出一副扑克牌,开始摆牌。
辨析:lay, lie
lay 的过去式是laid; lie的过去式是lay
lay必须有一个宾语,意为“把某物放到某处”,略带一点文学色彩。例如:
She lays a silk cloth over the table.
她在桌子上铺了一块真丝台布。
lie不直接带宾语,后面要加一个介词再带宾语。意为“平躺在某处”。例如:
Let’s lie on the grass.
我们来躺在草地上吧!
Lie down here fora while.
在这里躺一会。
I lay on the couch
and tried to relax. (lie的过去式)
我躺在沙发上想放松一下。
He laid his hand
on my shoulder. (lay的过去式)
他把一只手搭在我的肩膀上。
这是lay, lie作为“躺,平放”时的意思的区别,lie还有“说谎”的意思。
The only things wecould salvage were a couple of mints that were wrapped in cellophane, and the toothbrushes Dr.Garrison gave us.
搜救过程中,唯一幸存的,就是一些玻璃纸包着的薄荷糖和加里森博士送给我们的护齿牙刷。
I think next Halloween I’ll just stay home and mooch some Butterfingers from the bowl Momkeeps on top of the refrigerator.
我看下次万圣节我干脆就呆在家里不出门了,就跟着老妈磨蹭。哀求她把搁在冰箱上面的雀巢花生巧克力给我几块算了。