《傲慢与偏见》-达西第一次告白片段(1995剧版)

It vain I have struggled. It will not do.

我实在没有办法继续挣扎下去了

My feelings will not be repressed.

我无法抑制内心的情感

You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

你必须允许我告诉你我是多么热烈地爱慕着你

In declaring myself thus I’m aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family,

我知道我的所作所为将与我家人的意愿相悖

My friends, and, I hardly need add my own better judgement.

与我朋友的看法相斥,更不用说与我自己的理智相左

The ralative situation of our families makes any alliance between us a reprehensible connection.

我们的家庭背景会使我们的感情不被接受

As a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself, but it cannot be helped.

我的理智也如此警醒着自己,但一切都只是徒劳

Almost from the earliest moments. I have come to feel for you a passionate admiration and regard

从初识你的瞬间起,我就已经感觉到了心底对你强烈的钦慕和好感

which despite my struggles, has overcome every rational objection.

虽然我一再挣扎,但情感依旧超越了理智

I beg you, most fervently, to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife.

我最为强烈地恳求你,释放我的痛苦,请同意成为我的妻子

                                          ——Mr. Darcy

图片发自

你可能感兴趣的:(《傲慢与偏见》-达西第一次告白片段(1995剧版))