So if a photon is directed through a plane with two slits in it and either slit is observed, it will not go through both slits. If it's unobserved, it will.
如果一个光子打向有两个狭缝的平面;如果有一个狭缝可以观测到;那它没有同时通过两个狭缝。如果没被观测到,那就会。
However, if it's observed after it's left the plane but before it hits its target, it will not have gone though both slits.
总之,如果观察它在离开平面到击中目标之前,它就不会穿过那两个隙缝。
Agreed. What's your point?
没错。但你为什么要说这个?
There's no point. I just think it's a good idea for a t-shirt.
我只是觉得这个主意。可以用于设计T恤衫。
Excuse me. Hang on.
请问。等等。
Uh, one across is "aegean.", Eight down is "nabokov. " 26 across is "mcm.", 14 down is ... move your finger ... "phylum" which makes 14 across "port-au-prince" see,"papa doc's capitol idea, " that's "port-au-prince." Haiti.
横1是Aegean(爱情海),竖8是Nabokov(小说洛丽塔的作者。横26是MCM,竖14是……手指挪开点,Phylum(生物门类)这样一来横14就是Port-au-Prince(太子港)瞧,提示是"Papa doc的首都"(海地前首都),所以是太子港,海地的。
Can I help you? Yes.
能为你效劳吗?是的。
Um ... is this the high-iq sperm bank?
这里是高智商精子库吗?
If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't be here.
如果你这么问,也许你不该来这。
I think this is the place.
我想就是这没错了。
Fill these out. Thank you. We'll be right back.
把这个填一填。谢谢。我们马上好。
Oh, take your time. I'll just finish my crossword puzzle. Oh, wait.
慢慢来,我还要玩填字游戏。噢,慢着。
Leonard, I don't think I can do this.
Leonard我办不到。
What, are you kidding? You're a semi-pro.
开玩笑?你可是半职业人士。
No. We are committing genetic fraud.
不。我们这样是诈骗。
There's no guarantee that our sperm is going to generate high-IQ offspring. Think about that.
我们没法保证生出来的一定是高智商小孩。
I have a sister with the same basic DNA mix who hostesses at fuddruckers.
我姐姐跟我有一套相同的基本基因,她却在Fuddrucker餐厅当服务生。
Sheldon, this was your idea. A little extra money to get fractional t-1 bandwith in the apartment.
Sheldon 这可是你的主意啊,一点额外的钱让我们在寓所里拥有分式T-1带宽。
I know, and I do yearn for faster downloads.
我知道,我确实很渴望高速下载。
But there's some poor woman who's gonna pin her hopes on my sperm.
但一些可怜的女人会把希望寄托在我的精子上。
What if she winds up with a toddler who doesn't know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve?
万一生出来一个连曲线下部的面积用积分还是微分算都搞不清楚的小孩怎么办?
I'm sure she'll still love him. I wouldn't.
我想她还是会爱那个宝宝的。我不会。
Well, what do you wanna do?
你想要怎样?
I want to leave. Okay.
我想要走。好吧。
What's the protocol for leaving?
离开时要怎么说呢?
I don't know- I've never reneged on a proffer of sperm before.
我不知道,我可从没有拒绝过提供精子的要求。
Let's try just walking out. Okay.
我们就直接走出去吧。好。
Bye. Bye. Nice meeting you.
再见。再见。很高兴认识你。
Are you still mad about the sperm bank? No.
你还在为精子银行的事生气吗?没有?没有。
You want to hear an interesting thing about stairs?
你想听一件关于楼梯的趣事吗?
Not really.
不是很想。
If the height of a single step is off by as little as two millimeters most people will trip.
如果一阶楼梯比普通的矮个2毫米,大部分人都会绊倒。
I don't care. Two milli ... that doesn't seem right.
不关我事。2毫米?不会吧!
No, it's true. I did a series of experiments when I was 12. My father broke his clavicle.
是真的,我12岁时做了一系列的实验,我爸爸因此还跌断了锁骨。
Is that why they sent you to boarding school?
所以他们把你送去寄宿学校?
No. That was a result of my work with lasers.
不。那是因为我研究激光惹的事。
new neighbor? Evidently.
新邻居?显然是。
Significant improvement over the old neighbor.
比上老邻居有了明显可观的改善。
200-pound transvestite with a skin condition? Yes, she is.
那个200磅重还患有皮肤病的异装癖?噢,绝对是。
Oh, hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi?
嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨?
We don't mean to interrupt. We live across the hall.
我们不想打扰你,我们是住对面的邻居。
Oh, that's nice.
啊,太好了。
Oh, no, uh, we don't live together. I mean, we live together, but in separate, heterosexual bedrooms.
噢不,我们不是同居,我是说,虽然住在一起,但是在不同的……直男(异性爱)房间里。
Oh. Okay, well, guess I'm your new neighbor. Penny.
那好吧。我是你们的新邻居,Penny。
Oh. Leonard. Sheldon.
我是Leonard,他是Sheldon。
Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi.
嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。
Well, uh ... oh, uh, welcome to the building.
欢迎你搬来。
Oh, thank you. Maybe we can have coffee sometime.
谢谢,有空一起喝个咖啡吧。
Oh, great. Great. Great. Great.
噢,好啊。好啊。好啊。好啊。
Well, uh, bye. Bye. Bye. Bye.
那么,再见啦。再见。再见。再见。
Should we've invited her for lunch?
我们应该邀请她共进午餐吗?
No. We're gonna start season two of battlestar galactica.
不,我们要看Battlestar Galactica第二季。
We already watched the season two DVDs. Not with commentary.
我们已经看过第二季的DVD了,那时候没带评论音轨啊。
I think we should be good neighbors and invite her over, make her feel welcome.
我们应该做好邻居,请她过来,让她感受到我们对她的欢迎。
We never invited louie-slash-louise over.
我们从来没请那个路易或是路易丝过来啊。
Well ... and that was wrong of us. We need to widen our circle.
那是我们不对,我们要扩大社交圈。
I have a very wide circle. I have 212 friends on myspace.
我的社交圈很广,我在MySpace上有212个朋友。
Yes, and you've never met one of them.
是的 但你从没见过任何一个真人。
That's the beauty of it.
这正是它的美好之处。
I'm gonna invite her over. We'll have a nice meal and ... chat.
我去请她过来,我们好好吃一餐,闲聊一下。
Chat? We don't chat. At least not offline.
闲聊?我们不闲聊,至少不线下闲聊。
Well, it's not difficult. You just listen to what she says and then you say something appropriate in response.
不会很难的,你就听她说,然后给一些适当的回应就好了。
To what end?
直到什么时候?
Hi. Again. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Anyway, um ... we brought home indian food.
嗨,又是我们。嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。那个……我们买了些印度菜。
And, um ... I know that moving can be stressful, and, and, I find that when I'm undergoing stress, that good food and company can have a comforting effect.
我知道搬家会很累人。当我觉得很累的时候,吃顿好的,跟人聊聊天,会让我放松很多。
Also, curry is a natural laxative, and I don't have to tell you, that, you know, a clean colon is just one less thing to worry about.
此外,咖喱是天然的温和泻药,你也知道干净的结肠,会让你省去件烦心事。
Leonard, I'm no expert here, but I believe in the context of a luncheon invitation, you might wanna skip the reference to bowel movements.
Leonard虽然我不是专家,但我相信当你邀请人吃午饭的时候,最好省略关于肠部运动的话题。
Oh, you're inviting me over to eat?
你们是在邀我一起吃饭?
Uh ... yes.
是啊。
Oh, that's so nice. I'd love to.
真是太好了,我很愿意。
Great.
很好。
So, what do you guys do for fun around here? Well, today we tried masturbating for money.
你们平时都玩什么呢?今天我们尝试了靠手淫挣钱。
Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state, then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started ... wait! The earth began to cool the autotrophs began to drool, neanderthals developed tools we built the wall(we built the pyramids), math, science, history, unraveling the mystery that all started with a big bang bang!
我们的宇宙是个大火炉,140亿年前大爆炸……稍等!地球开始冷却,生物开始繁衍,尼安得特尔人发明工具,我们建造墙瓦、创造金字塔、数学、科学、历史,揭露奥秘就从宇宙大爆炸开始!
Okay, well, make yourself at home.
请随意。
Okay. Thank you.
好的,谢谢。
You're very welcome.
不客气。
This looks like some serious stuff. Leonard, did you do this?
这些看起来好深奥啊,Leonard这是你写的吗?
Actually, that's my work. Wow!
实际上,那些是我做的。哇!
Yeah. Well, it's just some quantum mechanics with a little string theory doodling around the edges.
就是些量子力学而已,边上我随便胡写了一点弦理论。
That part there, that's just a joke. It's a spoof of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation.
那个部分是开玩笑的,是我乱改的伯恩·奥本海默近似版。
So you're like one of those beautiful mind genius guys.
看来你是《美丽心灵》那部电影里面的那种天才人物啊。
Yeah.
可以这么说。
This is really impressive.
好厉害啊!
I have a board. If you like boards, this is my board.
我也有块纸板,如果你喜欢,这边是我的纸板。
Holy smokes.
我的妈呀。
If by "holy smokes" you mean a derivative restatement of the kind of stuff you can find scribbled on the wall of any men's room at MIT, sure.
如果你说的“我的妈呀”指的是在麻省理工大学任何一个男生宿舍墙上都能看到的涂写,那我想是的。
What? Come on. Who hasn't seen this differential below "here I sit, broken-hearted"?
什么?得了吧,谁没见过“我伤心地坐在这”下面的微分演算啊?
At least I didn't have to invent 26 dimensions just to make the math come out.
至少我不用自己发明26种量纲才能让演算成立。
I didn't invent them. They're there.
我没有发明它们,它们本来就是存在的。
In what universe? In all of them, that is the point.
在哪个世界上存在啊?所有的世界里都存在,这正是关键。
Uh ... do you guys mind if I start?
我可以开动了吗?
Um ... penny ... Penny, that's where i sit.
哦,佩尼,你坐了我的座位。
So, sit next to me.
那你坐我旁边嘛。
No ... I sit there.
不行,我只坐那个座位。
What's the difference? What's the difference? Here we go.
有什么区别?有什么区别?又来了。
In the winter, that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm, and yet not so close as to cause perspiration,
冬天那个位置跟电暖炉之间的距离正好能让人保持温暖而又不会太近导致出汗,
in the summer, it's directly in the path of a cross-breeze created by opening windows there and there it faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion.
夏天坐在这儿正好能吹到从这个窗口到那个窗口对吹的风,而且这里对着电视的角度正好既不会妨碍跟他人谈话又不用把头扭得太过去以致造成视差畸变。
I could go on, but I think I've made my point.
我还能继续解释下去,但我想你应该明白了。
Do you want me to move?
你要我移开吗?
Well ... just sit somewhere else.
嗯……你就坐到旁边去吧。
Fine.
好吧。
Sheldon, sit!
Sheldon给我坐下!
Ah.
啊。
Well, this is nice.
这样很不错。
We don't have a lot of company over.
我们不是经常有朋友过来。
That's not true- koothrappali and wolowitz come over all the time.
你胡扯,Koothrappali和Wolowitz天天都来。
Yes, I know, but ... Tuesday night we played klingon boggle untill 1:00 in the morning.
我知道,但……星期二晚上我们玩Klingon拼字游戏到夜里1点。
Yeah, I remember.
是啦,我记得。
I resent you saying we don't have company. I'm sorry. That has negative social implications. I said I'm sorry!
我讨厌你说我们没有朋友。抱歉。那会产生消极的交际暗示。我说了我很抱歉!
So ... klingon boggle?
Klingon拼字游戏是什么?
Yeah. It's like regular boggle, but ... in klingon.
就像普通的拼字游戏,但是是Klingon语的。
That's probably enough about us. So, tell us about you.
不聊我们了,说说你的事吧。
Um ... me? Okay. I'm a sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.
我?好啊我是人马座的,这一点就很能说明我的个性啦。
Yes. It tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion, that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.
是啊,它告诉我们你也是迷信那种大众文化妄想的一员,你相信你出生时太阳的视位置跟任意划分的星群间的关系能以某种方式影响你的性格。
Participate in the what?
我相信什么?
I think what sheldon's trying to say is that sagittarius wouldn't have been our first guess.
我想Sheldon是说,你第一眼看上去不像人马座。
Oh, yeah. A lot of people think I'm a water sign.
对啊,很多人觉得我像水相星座。
Okay, let's see, what else. Oh, I'm a vegetarian. Except for fish.
让我想想还有什么,我是个素食者,嗯,鱼除外。
And the occasional steak. I love steak!
偶尔我也吃牛排。我好爱牛排!
Well, that's interesting. Leonard can't process corn.
那真是有趣Leonard不能消化玉米。
Well, uh, do you have some sort of a job?
你做什么工作呢?
Oh, yeah. I'm a waitress at the cheesecake factory.
我在"芝士蛋糕工厂"当女招待。
Oh ... I love cheesecake.
我很喜欢芝士蛋糕。
You're lactose-intolerant.
你都不能忍受乳糖。
I don't eat it- I just think it's a good idea.
我不吃不代表我不欣赏它。
Oh. Anyways, I'm also writing a screenplay. It's about this sensitive girl who comes to L.A.From lincoln, nebraska, to be an actress and winds up a waitress at the cheesecake factory.
不管怎样,我还在写剧本,是关于一个感情细腻的女孩从内布拉斯加州Lincoln小镇来到洛杉矶,梦想成为演员,却只能在芝士蛋糕工厂当女招待。
So, it's based on your life.
剧本是根据你的经历改编的哦?
No, I'm from Omaha.
不,我是从奥马哈市来的。
Well, if that was a movie, I would go see it.
如果真的拍成电影,我肯定会去看的。
I know, right? Okay, let's see, what else ... um ...
我知道,故事不错是吧?我想想还有什么?
guess that's about it. That's the story of penny.
好像差不多了,这就是Penny的故事。
Well, it sounds wonderful.
听起来很棒啊。
It was. Until I fell in love with a jerk!
以前是的,直到我爱上了那个混球。
God, you know, four years I lived with him. Four years- that's like as long as high school.
你知道吗,我跟他同居了4年。4年,跟高中一样久了。
It took you four years to get through high school?
你花了4年才上完高中?
It just ... I can't believe I trusted him.
我不敢相信我居然那么信任他。
Should I say something? I feel like I should say something.
我该说些什么吗?我觉得我该说些什么。
You? No, you'll only make it worse.
你?千万别,你只会让事情变得更糟糕。
You want to know the most pathetic part? Even though I hate his lying, cheating guts ... I still love him.
你知道最可悲的是什么吗?尽管我对他的谎言欺骗恨之入骨,我还是爱着他。
Is that crazy? Yes.
是不是很疯狂?是的