There were many changes – some you could see; some you couldn't. 世事变化无常,有些你能看见,有些你看不见。
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. 如果你有追求的勇气,所有的梦想都可以实现。
Fear melts when you take action towards a goal you really want. 当你对一个你真正想要的目标付诸行动时,恐惧就会消失
Every man is the architect of his own fortune. 每个人都是自己命运的建筑师。
Gardens are not made by sitting in the shade. 花园不是在树荫下坐着就能建成的。
Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. 百分之九十九的失败都是由习惯找借口的人造成的。
No matter how far you have gone down the wrong road, turn back. 不管你在错的路上已走了多远,必须回头。
Your greatness is measured by your horizons. 你的成就是由你的眼界来衡量的。
if I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulder of giants. 如果我看得比其他人远,那是因为我站在巨人的肩膀上。
People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. 人们很少做他们相信是对的事,他们做比较方便做的事,然后便会后悔。
The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it. 阻碍越大,克服它就越光荣。
Believe that you have it, and you have it. 只要相信你能拥有,你就能真的能拥有。
In prosperity[prɒ'sperəti] our friends know us; in adversity[əd'vɜːsəti] we know our friends. 得意时,朋友识我;失意时,我识朋友。
It is a characteristic[ˌkærəktə'rɪstɪk]of wisdom not to do desperate['despərət] things. 不做绝望的事,这是智慧的一种表征。
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. 希望从未舍弃你,是你舍弃希望。
Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed. 庆祝你所取得的成就,但在每次成功过后,要把标准再拉高一点。
It matters not what you are thought to be, but what you are. 重要的不是别人怎么看你,而是你是怎样的人。
Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience. 好的点子不会被自动采用,应该鼓足勇气、充满耐心地将它们付诸实践。
As you pray, move your feet. 当你祈祷的时候,同时也要采取行动。
You must do the things today that others will not do so that you can have the things tomorrow that others will not have. 你今天必需做别人不愿做的事,好让你明天可以拥有别人不能拥有的东西。
In the battle of existence[ɪɡ'zɪstəns], talent is the punch [pʌntʃ]; tact [tækt] is the clever footwork. 在生存的竞赛里,才能好比拳击,圆滑则是灵巧的步法。
Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity. 教育是兴盛时的点缀物、逆境时的避难所。
Your past is not your potential. In any hour you can choose to liberate the future. 你的过去不等于你的潜力,在任何时间,你都可以选择解放你的未来。
Only those who constantly retool themselves stand a chance of staying employed in the years ahead. 只有那些不断充实自己的人,才有机会在往后的日子里持续地被雇用。
To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate ['məʊtɪveɪt] you, something to inspire you. 为了取得成功,你必须找到一个让你不放弃的事物,一个可以鼓舞你、可以启发你的事物。
Competition is a painful thing, but it produces great results. 竞争是件痛苦的事,但它可创造出良好的效果。
As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death. 只要有欲望,我就有生存的理由,满足视同死亡。
Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. 时间是你人生的钱币,它是你所拥有的唯一的钱币,只有你才能决定将怎么使用它
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything. 如果你毫无信仰,你将一事无成。
What's important is trying to be the best and working to get there. And that's how you fulfill your potential [pə'tenʃl]. 企图成为最好的并往那个方向努力才是重要的,那是发挥你潜力的方法。
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. 人生最大的快乐是做到别人说你做不到的事。
Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments['ɪnstrəmənt] of the wise. 弱者困于环境,智者利用环境。
TV drama program 电视剧 TV series
Then as you Americans say, all bets are off. 那么套句美国俗话:过往的一切一笔勾消。
Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm ['kæzəm] in two small jumps. 不要害怕跨一大步,你不能以两小步跳越峡谷。
It's a funny thing about coming home – looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. 回家是一件有趣的事情——看着、闻着、感受着相同的东西。
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. 一个快乐的人不是处于某种环境下的人,而是拥有某种态度的人。
The roughest road often leads to the top. 最艰难的道路经常通往最高处。
A kid's got enough problems in this world not knowing where it belongs. 如果不知道自己的归属,一个孩子在这个世上会遇到很多的问题。
With most people, unbelief in one thing is founded upon blind belief in another. 对于大多数人来说,对一件事的不相信,是源于对另一件事的盲目相信。
It eluded us then, but that's no matter. Tomorrow, we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther, and one fine morning. 梦想尽管躲避我们吧,无关紧要!明天,我们会跑得更快,伸展得更远,又将是一个晴朗的早晨。
Somehow the silence seemed to connect us in a way that words never could. 有时,沉默对我们而言,可谓无声胜有声。