p.s 这是每日练习,错误百出,期待进步
I assume I’m below average
假装自己低于平均水平
By Derek Sivers
来自 Derek Sivers
96% of cancer patients in a hospital claim to be in better health than the average cancer patient.
百分之九十六的在医院中的癌症病人声称自己要比通常的癌症病人更“健康”。
93% of motorists consider themselves to be safer-than-average drivers.
百分之九十三的驾驶员认为自己比一般的司机更安全(更有安全意识)。
90% students see themselves as more intelligent than the average student.
百分之九十的学生视自己的智商高于平均线。
94% of college professors said they are better-than-average teachers.
百分之九十四的大学教授声称他们比其它老师更好。
Ironically, 92% said they are less biased than average, too.
讽刺的是,他们中百分之九十二也声称比其他人更没有偏见。
The psychology term for this is illusory superiority.
心里学把这称作虚幻的优越感。
To me, this was like finding out I’m in the Matrix. It’s hard to accept facts.
对我来说这就像发现自已位于“矩阵(??)”中,这事实很难被接受。
At first, like almost everybody, I thought, “Yes, but I really am above average!” Then I realized I was doing it again.
首先,像大多数人一样,我想:是啊,但是我真的是高于平均水平!然后我意识到我又一次这样做了。
So I decided to gamble on the opposite:I now just assume I’m below average.
所以我决定赌赌看(假设看看)这个看法的反面:我现在就假设自己位于平均水平之下。
It serves me well.
这让我(感觉)不错
I listen more. I ask a lot of questions.
我更多的倾听,问许多问题。
I’ve stopped thinking others are stupid. I assume most people are smarter than me.
我停止认为别人是傻瓜的想法。我假设比我聪明的人车载斗量。
To assume you’re below average is to admit you’re a beginner. It puts you in student mind. It keeps your focus on present practice and future possibilities, and away from any past accomplishments.
假设自己低于平均水平即承认你是一个初学者。它使你处于学习的心态,在当下实践和长远可能上保持注意力,并且远离那些(沾沾自喜的)已有成就
Most people are so worried about looking good that they never do anything great.
大多数人非常担心看起来不错,他们从来没有做任何伟大的事情。
Most people are so worried about doing something great that they never do anything at all.
大多数人非常担心做伟大的事情,他们从头至尾没有做任何事情。
You destroy that paralysis when you think of yourself as such a beginner that just doing anything is an accomplishment.
你消灭了这种无力感当你认为自己本身是一个初学者,做任何事情都是一个成就。
Or even better, an experiment.
或者更好的是,那就是一次尝试。