文 | 落落
01
The trees they grow high, the leaves they do grow green,
碧树渐高高,青叶显芊芊。
Many is the time my true love I've seen,
此间遇佳人,心中留净土。
Many an hour I have watched him all alone,
伴影望张生,日往换月来。
He's young but he's daily growing.
年幼多叹之,日复渐舞象。
Father, dear father, you've done me great wrong,
父爱严如山,大错铸世间。
You have married me to a boy who is too young,
佳人故难得,年方逾二七。
I am twice twelve and he is but fourteen,
花信似年华,彼方及舞勺。
He's young but he's daily growing.
年幼复叹之,岁月且流长。
02
Daughter, dear daughter, I've done you no wrong,
爱女如美玉,铸错父岂为。
I have married you to a great lord's son,
良辰伴美景,富家多余荫。
He will be a man for you when I am dead and gone,
经年父先行,彼时可相依。
He's young but he's daily growing,
年幼莫叹之,青少有意昂。
03
Father, dear father, if you see fit,
小女请父上,为君问功名。
We'll send him to college for another year yet,
春秋走冬夏,何妨复求学。
I'll tie a blue ribbon all around his head,
蓝绸缚青丝,一动一轻舞。
To let the maidens know that he is married.
轻舞示碧玉,佳人已所属。
One day I was looking over my father's castle wall,
父上拥古堡,双目越高墙。
I spied all the boys playing with a ball,
碧空浮苍狗,少年聚绽放。
And my own true love was the flower of them all,
佳人似牡丹,百花无光芒。
He's young but he's daily growing.
年幼且叹之,潜龙欲飞扬。
04
And so early in the morning at the dawning of the day,
寂夜悄离去,红日未初升。
They went into a hayfield to have some sport and play,
爱女携佳婿,戏于青草旁。
And what they did there she never would declare,
竹马绕青梅,小囡口不言。
But she never more complained of his growing.
芳心系佳人,年幼不复叹。
05
At the age of fourteen he was a married man,
良人初舞勺,共结喜连理。
At the age of fifteen the father of my son,
彼方及束发,为父在红尘。
At the age of sixteen his grave it was green,
冬夏复春秋,墓上草盈盈。
And death had put an end to his growing.
黄泉两相隔,年岁止青丝。
I'll buy my love some flannel, I'll make my love a shroud,
兰绒多采撷,华美结尸衣。
With every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down,
针来且线往,无语又凝噎。
With every stitch I put in it, how the tears they will flow,
线往复针来,泪花若珠帘。
Cruel fate has put an end to his growing.
天地殊不仁,年幼永叹之。
大家喜欢的话可以点赞关注转发。
此文为英译汉,原作Daliy Growing是一首爱尔兰民谣,讲述了侵略战争的残酷,可以睡前听听看,安眠。
“本译文供个人研习、欣赏语言之用。译文所涉法律后果由本人承担,本人同意平台在接获有关著作权人的通知后,删除文章。”