关注微信公众号“21世纪英文报”,在菜单栏中输入“文化趣问答”,收看往期精彩内容!
几日不见,大牛的新发现,让主持人 Laura 小姐姐惊呆了!
劳拉:嗨,妈呀!你这什么情况?
Laura:Hey. Oh wow! What's up?
大牛:嘿,劳拉,你吓我一跳。这么惊讶干吗?
Daniel:Oh hey Laura. You surprised me but why are you so surprised?
劳拉:没有没有,只是……我之前没见你留过大胡子,你看上去……变化真大。
Laura:Nothing, nothing. It's just... I've never seen you with a bushy beard before. It's ...it's different.
大牛:是吧?自打我开始学中文以来,我就一直想尝试新东西。对了!我新学了一个夸人用的四字成语,“貌似潘安”。
Daniel:I know, right? Ever since I started taking Chinese lessons, I wanted todo something new. And I just learned the four-charactercompliment "mào sì pān ān".
劳拉:哦,这个我还真知道,“潘安”是中国古代的一个美男子,对吧?
Laura:Oh, I know this one! "Pan An" refers to acharmingguy from ancient China, right?
大牛:是哒!我还在想,我要是想当美男子,那必须得有好看的大胡子啊!
Daniel:Yeah! And I thought, if there's one thing thatcanmake me look more charming, it's a nice, full beard!
劳拉:听着有点儿道理,但我觉得这更像是咱们美国的文化吧。你这样的大胡子要放在中国古代可未必算美男子哦。
Laura:Sounds about right, but I think that’s more of ourculture. A big bushy beard like yours probably wouldn't make you a dreamboat in ancient China.
大牛:真的吗?那我是不是就不算“貌似潘安”了?
Daniel:Ahh, really? I guess I’m no "mào sì pān ān".
劳拉:我要是知道答案就好了,可我也没见过潘安本人啊。等会儿!有办法了!
Laura:I wish I knew the answer to that, but I'veactuallynever met this "Pan An" guy before. Wait, I got it!
Laura 来到人头攒动的网红打卡圣地——三里屯,随机街采的答案着实令人意外!
劳拉:我们来三里屯啦!这里是我在北京最喜欢的地方之一。咱们肯定能从这儿找到答案。走吧。
Laura:Here we are! Good ol' Sanlitun! One of my favorite places in Beijing. I’m sure we couldfind the answer here.Let's go!
你知不知道汉语成语“貌似潘安”?
So do you happen to know the Chinese idiom "mào sì pān ān"?
-Yeah.
-貌似知道。
-很帅。
-如果是古代的话,可能是长发飘飘(那种男子)。
-高鼻梁。
-浓眉大眼。
你觉得潘安跟谁长得比较像?
Who do you think Pan An would look like?
-Kris Wu (吴亦凡).
-胡歌吧。
-彭于晏。
-王力宏。
Laura 小姐姐亮出了一件神奇的玩具,世纪君笑到头都要掉了哈哈哈哈哈哈!
劳拉:我们为你们准备了一个小游戏,拼出你心中的美男潘安。可以先挑个脸型。
Laura:We have a little game for you, so you can make your own "Pan An". So you can start by picking the face.
被采访者:这个吧。好激动。
Interviewee:This one. That's exciting.
被采访者:其实我也不知道,但我自己的眉毛还是挺粗的。
Interviewee:Actually I don’t know. But I have really big eyebrows myself.
劳拉:要挑一个好看的浓眉吗?
Laura:Some nice full eyebrows?
被采访者:(风格)更古代一些。
Interviewee:Like an ancient man.
被采访者:高鼻梁。
Interviewee:High-bridged nose.
被采访者:这个,小嘴巴。
Interviewee:This one, a small mouth.
劳拉:小鼻子。
Laura:Small nose.
被采访者:得要一个好看点儿的嘴。
Interviewee:He's got to have a nice mouth.
被采访者:我是不是落下什么了,哦眉毛!
Interviewee:Is there something I'm missing? Oh the eyebrows.
劳拉:想拼出完美的男子也是有难度的,对吧?
Laura:It's difficult to make the perfect guy, isn't it?
被采访者:是的。
Interviewee:Yeah.
劳拉:你心中的潘安大概长这样对吗?
Laura:That's what your Pan An would look like?
被采访者:是哒。
Interviewee:Sure.
劳拉:这是你心中的潘安吗?
Laura:So this is what you think Pan An would look like?
被采访者:对。很显然是。
Interviewee:Yeah. Apparently yeah.
劳拉:我觉得我有答案了,好想赶紧去跟大牛分享我今天的收获。
Laura:I think I've got the answer. I can't wait to go tell Daniel about what I found out today.
乘兴而来,尽兴而归!Laura小姐姐又找到了“大胡子叔叔”,然而又有了新发现!
劳拉:嗨,大胡子叔叔!
Laura:Hey, Mr Whiskers!
大牛:嘿,回来啦!你找到貌似潘安的人了吗?
Daniel:Heyhey, look who’s back! Did you find anyone wholooks like Pan An?
劳拉:其实我去三里屯做街采了,就想把这个问题搞清楚。来,你看。
Laura:Actually I did a street interview in Sanlitun, trying to find out. Here, take a look.
大牛:嗯,不错,这个嘛,我就不确定了……
Daniel:Oh yeah, alright. I don't know about that one though ...
劳拉:我觉得都挺好。
Laura:I think they’re pretty good!
大牛:看上去区别还是挺大的,美的定义因人而异。
Daniel:You know, they're all kinda different. Different people have different ideas of beauty.
劳拉:可不是嘛。而且这位潘安可不仅仅是颜值高。他显然还是一位才华横溢的诗人。尽管大家对他的相貌有过各种猜测,但大家似乎都认可的是,内在美比外在美更重要。
Laura:Tell me about it. Andthis Pan An was more than just a pretty face, you know. Apparently he was also a talented poet.Although people seem to have different opinions ofhis appearance, we all seem to agree that what's on the outside really isn't as important as what'son theinside.
观点1:大师在民间,小丑在殿堂嘛,很多人不是说很注意这种外在的,但是内心很强大。
观点2:I think definitely inner beauty is way more important because that's how you become strong.(内在美肯定是更重要得多,毕竟内在美才是让你坚强的原因。)
观点3:外在美是有必要的,但是如果你真的内在美很好的话,我觉得可以覆盖掉这一点。
观点4:Honestly, if you don't feel like something that's absolutely necessary for you, I don't think you should feel any pressure about that. I think everyone should accept everyone else as who they are. (老实说,如果你觉得有些东西对自己来说没有绝对必要,那就不必为此感到有压力,我觉得大家应该去接受别人最真实的那一面。)
大牛:说得太对了。漂亮脸蛋儿也许能集万千宠爱于一身,但内在美才是无价的。我猜这可能才是潘安的特别之处吧。
Daniel:Exactly. Pretty faces mightget all the attention, but inner beautyis trulypriceless.Maybethat's what makesPan An so special.
劳拉:没错。小伙伴们,你觉得谁算得上是集才华和颜值于一身的人呢?注意查看屏幕下方信息,参与留言互动哦!
Laura:Yeah exactly. Hey guys, who do you think has been lucky enough to have both good looks andtalent? Please leaveamessage here.
大牛:本期《文化趣问答》就要结束啦,感谢大家收看!拜拜!
Daniel:That's allfor thisCultural Check. See you next time. Bye!
劳拉:下期见啦!
Laura:See you!
福利来咯!
截至12月3日(周二)上午11点
上墙评论中,点赞数量第1名将获得本期节目的游戏神器一套!
第2和第3名将获得21世纪英文报限量版精美雨伞一把!
(请注意观看视频结尾的参与方式哦!)
限时大奖,速速来领,快快去留言吧~
猛戳往期精彩视频,秒变文化人