在《老友记》第5集里,老友们的感情各有进展。Chandler似乎发现了一位很好看的女孩儿...
01
Text
(加单引号且省略部分字母的地方为连读)
Gunther: Rachel?
瑞秋?
Rachel: Yeah?
嗯?
Gunther: When's your birthday?
你生日是什么时候?
Rachel: May fifth, why?
五月五号,怎么?
Gunther: Oh, I-I'm just making a list of people's birthdays.
哦,我只是把大家的生日列个单子。
Ross: Oh, mine's December...
哦,我的是12月...
Gunther: Yeah, whatever.
好,随便吧。
Chandler: Ohh, she's pretty. Pretty ahh, pretty girl, the pretty--she's pretty.
哇,她好美丽。美丽哈,漂亮姑娘,她真漂亮。
Monica: Just go up to her and ask her out. Oh, what's the worst thing that could happen?
过去约她啊。最坏又能怎样?
Chandler: I could die.
我会死的。
Ross: Yeah, it's-it's tough being single. That's why I'm so glad I found Amanda.
对,单身生活太难了。这也是为什么我找到阿曼达很开心。
Rachel: Ross, you guys went out once. You took your kids to Chucky Cheese, and you didn't even kiss her.
罗斯,你们只出去过一次。你们带着你的孩子去吃小鸡奶酪,而且你连亲都没亲过她。
Chandler: I tell people secrets. It makes them like me.
我传别人的闲话,这样会让他们喜欢我。
Phoebe:Oh.
哦。
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Phoebe! You're sick, you shouldn't play. You should just go home, get in bed, and stay there.
菲比!你生病了,你不该表演。你该回家然后上床待着。
Phoebe:But I'm unemployed, my music is all I really have now. Well music, and making my own shoes. Pretty, huh?
但是我失业了,音乐是我现在唯一拥有的东西。音乐,还有自己做的鞋,好看吧?
Chandler: All right, I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna get shot down. Any advice?
好吧,我要去了!我要去搞定她。有什么意见吗?
Monica: Just be yourself. But, not too much.
做你自己,但别太过了。
Chandler:Wish me luck.
祝我好运。
Ross: Good luck!
好运!
Chandler: Wish it! Hi. Hi, I-I was just sitting over there, and uhh, Chandler. My name is Chandler. Did I say that?
心里想就行了!嗨,嗨。我刚坐那儿,呃,钱德勒,我叫钱德勒。我说过吗?
Kathy: No, you didn't. Hi, I'm Kathy.
不,你没有。你好,我是凯西。
Chandler: Uh Kathy, with K or a C?
噢,凯西,是K开头还是C?
Kathy: With a K.
K开头。
Chandler: Oh-oh-hey!
哦哦,嘿!
Kathy: Wow! You are really good at this.
哇!你真会打招呼。
Chandler: Hey, come on, give me a break, I'm out on a limb here.
嘿,拜托,给点面子,看我现在多尴尬。
Kathy: I'm sorry, you're right, I apologize, but I should tell you that I'm waiting for a date. Oh, and there he is now.
抱歉,你说的对。我道歉。但是我的告诉你,我在等我的约会对象。他来了。
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey! Hey, hey-hey, hey.
嘿!嘿,嘿,嘿。
Joey: Hey, I see you guys already met, huh?
嘿,看来你们已经见过了?
Chandler: Yes-yes, I was just trying to figure out a way to uh, demonstrate how I could get my exceptionally large feet into my even bigger mouth.
对对,我刚正在讲呢,示范我怎么把我大得出奇的脚,正好放在我的嘴里。
Joey: Didn't I tell ya? Always showin' off.
早和你说过了吧?他总爱逞口舌之快。
02
Analysis
Phrase
go up to:前往,上到...上
shot down:击落,打垮
show off:炫耀,卖弄
Key Sentence
Hey, come on, give me a break, I'm out on a limb here.
嘿,拜托,给点面子,看我现在多尴尬。
NOTE:
1. out on a limb表示为了帮助别人将自己置于危险的境地;大胆猜测并表达不受欢迎的观点;冒险
eg: Like I said, I love them all and I'd go out on a limb for anyone.
正如我所说,我他们,我愿意为他们任何人冒险。
可以跟着视频练习文中片段哦~
03
End
原来这个女孩是Joey的新女友!Chandler会放下自己对这个女孩的喜欢吗?还是会有做行动?
扫下方二维码 ↓ ↓ ↓关注微信公众号,
回复“405”就能获得全集链接哦~
END
May you
live the way
you want