翻译| My favorite sport 我最喜欢的运动

Skiing is my favorite sport, even though I have only skied for four days in my whole life.

滑雪是我最喜欢的运动,即使在我整个人生中我仅仅滑过四天雪。

Last year my father promised to take me on a holiday if I did well in my exams.

去年我爸爸许诺:如果我在考试中取得好成绩,他就带我去度假。

When I got straight A's, Dad said, "How about  a weekend at the Botanical Garden?"

当我考试取得全优时,爸爸说:“周末去植物园如何?”

However, my mum said, "No, you promised a special holiday. I think you ought to keep your word."

但是,我妈妈说:“不,你许诺了一个特别的假期的。我认为你应该遵守诺言。”

And, despite the expense, he did.

于是,尽管费用不菲,他还是遵守了诺言。

My dream was to see some real snow, so in the Christmas vacation we flew to Seoul, South Korea, and then took a shuttle bus which runs back and forth between Seoul and Muju Resort.

我的梦想是看见真正的雪,因此圣诞节我们飞往韩国首尔,然后坐首尔-茂朱度假区的往返巴士。

As the bus climbed through the mountains, we saw the snow on the trees, I was dying to get out and play with it!

当巴士穿过山脉时,我们看见了树上的雪,我渴望着下车去玩雪!

At last, we reached the resort quickly scrambled out of the bus.

终于,我们到达了景区,飞快地挤下车。

No one in my family had ever touched snow before.

在这以前我们家没有一个人触摸过雪。

We were all like little children---we picked it up, make snowballs and throw them at each other!

我们就像小孩子一样---把雪捡起来,做成雪球,然后彼此扔给对方!

Then we checked in at the hotel.

接着我们到达酒店登记入住。

Our room overlooked one of the ski slopes.

我们的房间高耸于其中一个滑雪山坡。

The slope was floodlit, so we watched people skiing until 10 PM.

山坡被灯光照亮着,我们看人们滑雪看到晚上10点钟。

We could not wait to try it ourselves.

我们迫不及待地想要自己亲自尝试。

The next day we had our first skiing lesson.

第二天我们上了我们的第一节滑雪课。

We rented our ski suits, boots and skis, and went outside onto the snow.

我们租了滑雪衣、靴子和滑雪板,去到外面雪地上。

Wearing skis for the first time makes you feel very strange.

第一次穿戴滑雪板会让你感觉非常奇怪。

Suddenly you will find you cannot even walk.

你会突然发现你甚至连路都不会走了。

Our instructor took us onto a gentle slope, and showed us some basic skills.

我们的教练把我们带到了一个平缓的山坡上,并且给我们展示了一些基本技巧。

In order to go up a hill, you have to stand sideways, and go up step by step.

为了登上山,你得侧着身子,一步一步往上走。

You must point the tips of your skis together so that you can stop.

你必须把滑雪板顶端对准在一起,以便你能停下来。

However, the tips must not cross, or you will fall.

但是两个顶端不能交叉,否则你会摔倒。

You should not ski alone in case you fall and get injured.

你不可以单独一个人滑雪,以防摔倒受伤。

To be honest, that first lesson was not very success, and I was kept falling down!

老实说,第一课不是很成功,我一直在摔倒!

However, the next day I definitely improved. I only fell over a few times, and I managed to do a few longer runs.

但是,第二天我进步很大。我只摔倒了几次,而且我还设法滑得更远。

I felt pleased with myself, and the instructor congratulated me, so I felt great.

我对自己非常满意,连教练都祝贺我,因此我感觉棒极了。

Although it was very cold, I spent most of that holiday skiing.

尽管天气很冷,但是那个假期我大部分时间都在滑雪。

It was the most wonderful time of my life.

那是我人生中最美好的时光。

Nevertheless, it was all over too soon. Now I have decided to work part-time this summer, so I can earn enough money for another super skiing holiday.

然而,假期结束得太快。我现在已经决定今年暑假做兼职,这样我就能挣够钱过下一个极棒的滑雪假期。

你可能感兴趣的:(翻译| My favorite sport 我最喜欢的运动)