万物生灵第1季第1集台词
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Malcolm. | 马尔科姆 |
Morning, James. | 早上好吉米 |
- There you are. - Thanks. | -给-谢谢 |
- Morning, James. - Morning. | -早上好吉米-早上好 |
Hen, I'm home. | 亲爱的我回来了 |
All that money on veterinary college. | 上兽医大学花了那么多钱 |
It's all these trucks and motorcars now. | 现在都开的是货车和小汽车 |
No-one's got need of vets any more. | 这年头没人需要兽医了 |
Thanks, Mother. | 谢谢妈 |
Och, something'll come along. | 肯定会有就业机会的 |
And what if it doesn't? | 如果没有呢 |
- I'll go, Dad. - No, son. You sit and eat your breakfast. | -我去吧爸-不儿子你坐着吃早餐吧 |
Your father's had a word. | 你爸替你找人说过了 |
I don't want to work on the docks. | 我不想去码头工作 |
You should be thanking your lucky stars. | 你真该庆幸你命好 |
Men are queuing on the streets, begging for work. | 好多人在大街上排着长队乞求能有份工作 |
I know it can't go on forever. | 我知道不能一直这样下去 |
It's good to dream. | 有梦想是好事 |
But it's also good to wake up again, | 但也要懂得什么时候该醒来 |
and see the world as it truly is. | 看清世界真实的样子 |
Postman missed one. | 邮差刚刚漏给你一封 |
You know your father wanted to be a professional musician? | 你知道你父亲当年想成为音乐人吗 |
His bread and butter was the cinema. | 他曾经靠给电影配乐挣钱养家 |
And then the talkies come along, | 后来有声电影取代了无声电影 |
and then it's all up the swanny. | 然后一切就毁了 |
I don't mean to be cruel. | 我也不想对你残忍 |
We just worry, love. | 我们只是很担心儿子 |
I got an interview. | 我获得面试机会了 |
- You did? - You didn't! | -真的吗-不会吧 |
Darrowby? Yorkshire? | 达罗比在约克郡吗 |
What if it's like the others? | 如果这次又跟以前一样怎么办 |
No job at the end of it? | 最后根本没有工作机会 |
They're not going to have me go all the way | 他们不会无缘无故让我大老远地 |
to Yorkshire for no reason. | 跑去约克郡的 |
There was no mention of a wage in that letter either. | 那封信里也没提到工资给多少 |
He is better off at the docks, | 他还是去码头工作比较好 |
and that's all I'll say about it. | 反正我就是这个想法 |
Best get a move on, if you're going to catch it. | 最好快点不然恐怕要错过火车了 |
Train for Yorkshire's about to depart. | 开往约克郡的火车即将发车 |
Just don't be disappointed | 千万别失望 |
if there's not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. | 就算彩虹尽头没有你期待的美好也没关系 |
Bye, Don, you be good. | 再见小唐你要乖乖的 |
I'll probably be home tomorrow anyway. | 不过可能我明天就回来了 |
Hold up. You're wonky. | 打起精神你都有点站不稳了 |
You know I only took that job on the docks | 你知道我去码头工作的唯一原因 |
to see us through the lean times. | 只是为了维持家里的生计 |
You've got a dream. | 你有梦想 |
You've got to chase it. | 你一定要追寻梦想 |
Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你爸 |
Cheese and pickle. | 奶酪酸菜三明治 |
Here's your ticket. | 这是你的票 |
Now, get on before you miss it. | 快上车吧不然车就要开走啦 |
Bye, Mother. | 再见妈妈 |
Good luck, son. | 祝好运儿子 |
You got a bit of grit in your eye? | 你的眼睛里是进沙子了吗 |
Oh, I hope to God he gets it. | 上天保佑他能得到那份工作 |
Waste of bloody time. | 真他妈是浪费时间啊 |
You won't learn owt in there you can't learn out there. | 你从书里是学不到任何东西的 |
- For Darrowby. - What was that? | -去达罗比的-你说什么 |
Did he say Darrowby? | 他刚刚是说达罗比吗 |
Aye, Darrowby. | 没错达罗比 |
Jenny. Sit yourself down, don't push past. Sorry. | 珍妮坐下别急着挤过去抱歉 |
Little terror always wants to go at the back. | 这个不听话的孩子总想坐到后面去 |
Oh, Meccano. I think you dropped this. | 麦卡诺玩具模型这应该是你掉的 |
- Thanks. - I like building bridges the best. | -谢谢-我最喜欢用这个搭建桥梁 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
- On or off? - Er, I'm getting off. Thanks. | -到底下不下去-我这就下去谢谢 |
Excuse me. This is Darrowby, isn't it? | 打扰一下这里是达罗比对吧 |
Darrowby? Nay. | 达罗比不是 |
You want t'bus for Darrowby. | 你得坐公车去达罗比 |
The bus For Darrowby. | 原来司机是说"去达罗比的" |
You don't half talk funny. | 你说话真奇怪 |
When's the next one? I need to be in Darrowby before four. | 下一趟车是什么时候我要在4点前赶去达罗比 |
No more buses till tonight. | 要等到晚上才有车 |
西格弗德·法南 兽医 | |
- Oh, hello. - Mr. Herriot? | -你好-哈利先生吗 |
Yes, sorry I'm late. | 对抱歉迟到了 |
I'd almost given up on you. | 我差点放弃等你了 |
I'm Mrs. Hall, I keep house for Mr. Farnon. | 我是霍尔太太我是法南先生的管家 |
Oh, do take care of my Saint Nick. | 可别碰坏我的我的圣尼克 |
What happened to you? You're drenched. | 你怎么了都湿透了 |
I missed the bus... I got off the bus. | 我错过了公车是下错站了 |
Hello. | 你好 |
Oh, she likes you, that's a good start. | 它喜欢你这是个好开始 |
Jess is suspicious of most men. | 杰茜对大多数男人都抱怀疑态度 |
Rightly so, too. | 它也是对的 |
You can wait in here. | 你可以坐这儿等 |
I'll make some tea and fetch Mr. Farnon. | 我去泡点茶把法南先生找来 |
Mrs. Hall, where is the blasted thing? | 霍尔太太那破东西在哪儿 |
One moment. | 等一下 |
Pencil. Pencil. Quickly now, we haven't got all day. | 铅笔铅笔快点我们可没一整天时间 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
One down, God knows how many to go. | 一个好了天知道还有多少个 |
I'm sorry, who are you? | 不好意思你是哪位 |
I see you've met already. | 看来你们见过面了 |
This is Mr. Herriot. | 这位是哈利先生 |
Yes, of course. | 对当然 |
And why are you here exactly? | 你来这儿有何贵干 |
I... You invited me, Mr. Farnon. | 我...是你邀请我来的法南先生 |
- Did I? - Mm-hm. | -是吗-是的 |
For the assistant job. | 面试助手工作 |
Excuse us a moment. | 失陪下 |
We agreed there'd be no more. | 我们说好不招人了 |
He's travelled all the way from Glasgow. | 他从格拉斯哥大老远来的 |
I don't give a damn how far he's come, he can just go back again. | 我不在乎他从哪儿来他回去就是了 |
- Well, you can tell him that, then. - Is he even qualified? | -那你自己告诉他-他有资格证吗 |
- Nine months ago. - What's his name? | -九个月前取得的-他叫什么名字 |
James Herriot. | 吉米·哈利 |
Give the boy a chance. | 给这年轻人一个机会 |
Mr. Herriot, I'm Farnon. Siegfried. | 哈利先生我姓法南名西格弗德[出自德国史诗] |
- Don't ask. - I'm James. | -别问了-我是吉米 |
Thank you for this opportunity. | 谢谢你给我这次机会 |
Yes, well, let's see how we rub along first, shall we? Jacket? | 我们先看看彼此相处得怎么样吧外套呢 |
- You're wearing it. - Job list? | -你穿着呢-工作清单呢 |
Pocket. | 在口袋里 |
Will you not stop for tea? | 你不喝杯茶再走吗 |
I don't care how he takes his Darjeeling, | 我不在乎他喝茶喜欢加什么 |
I want to know if he's up to the work. | 我想知道他能不能胜任工作 |
Come along, Herriot, don't just stand there. | 跟上哈利别傻站在那儿 |
Are we not...? I thought this would be an interview. | 我们不用...我以为这是个面试 |
I've got my references | 我有格拉斯哥 |
from the Principal of Glasgow Veterinary College. | 兽医学院院长给我写的推荐信 |
No, I'm not interested in a lot of flannel. Let's get cracking. | 不用了我对那些场面话没兴趣快走吧 |
Until this evening, Mrs. Hall. | 我晚上才回来霍尔太太 |
- Good luck. - Grab that. | -祝好运-拿上那个 |
Cat. | 猫 |
In the box. The box, man! | 在箱子里那个箱子 |
Dispensary. | 药房 |
Oh, emasculator. | 对了拿去睾钳 |
That's the Burdizzo. | 那是绝育器 |
Enough to bring tears to your eyes. Come on. | 够让你落泪的了走吧 |
This is Mrs Hall's domain. | 这是霍尔太太的地盘 |
Cooks a mean black pudding. Makes it herself, you know. | 她煮的血肠很好吃是她自制的 |
Place looks like an abattoir afterwards. | 事后这里就像个屠宰场一样 |
This is the animal shed. | 这里是畜棚 |
You'll take care of feeding them, morning and night. | 你以后要负责早晚喂它们 |
If successful, of course. | 当然前提是面试通过 |
Good. | 很好 |
Shut the door. | 把门关上 |
Our practice covers most of the Northern Dales - | 我们出诊范围覆盖北部大部分谷区 |
Swaledale, Wensleydale - so you'll need your own car. | 斯瓦尔谷温斯利谷所以你得有自己的车 |
- Beauty, isn't she? - Stunning. | -很美吧-惊为天人 |
We keep this spare for the assistant. | 我们留着这辆闲置的给助手用 |
Good little runner. | 挺能跑的 |
Aye, she looks...grand. | 嗯看上去...很豪华 |
Right, let's see what you're made of, shall we? | 好了来看看你有什么本事吧 |
Best foot forward. | 积极表现 |
Walk on. That'll do. | 走吧可以了 |
Farnon. | 法南 |
The majority of our work comes from the smallholdings. | 我们接的大部分活都是来自小农场 |
We do get the occasional small animal, cats, dogs. | 偶尔有小动物猫猫狗狗那些 |
Look at that! | 快看 |
Shorthorn cow, you see? | 短角牛看到了吗 |
Gorgeous beast. | 美丽的野兽 |
Dying out now, of course. | 如今都要灭绝了 |
Friesians give so much more milk. | 荷兰牛的产奶量要大得多 |
As much as eight quarts per day. | 每天能产8夸脱 |
And you think that's a good thing, do you? | 你觉得这是好事吗 |
If a farmer can get more milk | 如果农场主花同样的精力 |
for the same amount of effort, I suppose it is. | 能得到更多的牛奶那我觉得是好事 |
- You suppose? - I mean... | -你觉得-我是说... |
But at what cost? | 但付出了何种代价 |
This place has a character all of its own. | 这地方有它独特的气息 |
The Shorthorns are a part of that. | 短角牛就是其中的一部分 |
With them gone, | 它们一消失 |
the Dales lose a little more of what makes them so special. | 这山谷就会又失去一点独特性 |
So, where did it all start for you, wanting to be a vet? | 你是从什么时候起想成为一名兽医的 |
There was a-a small city farm at the back of my school. | 我读书的地方后面有一座小型城市农场 |
It was like having part of the country in the city. | 那就像是闹市中的田园之地 |
I developed a real love for the animals there. | 我在那里爱上了各种动物 |
Ah, well, you see, | 其实 |
the animals are the easy part. | 动物不难对付 |
It's the people cause all the bother. | 造成麻烦的都是人类 |
- How do, Mr Farnon? - How do you do, Mr Sharpe? | -你好法南先生-你好沙普先生 |
This is Herriot. New assistant, possibly. | 这是哈利可能会成为我的新助手 |
Oh, aye, another one. | 是吗又来一个 |
He had me worried, I thought t'bank were coming for me. | 他还让我担心了一下以为是银行的人来找我 |
What seems to be the trouble? | 出了什么事 |
I've got a gelding gone wrong in 'oof. | 有匹阉马的马蹄不对劲 |
Well, we certainly don't want that. | 这种事谁都不愿意看到 |
- Is he foreign? - I'm from Glasgow. Scotland. | -他是外国人吗-我是苏格兰格拉斯哥人 |
- It's that dark one over there. - Yes. | -就是那边那匹黑马-好 |
Well? Which foot is it? | 是哪只马蹄 |
Well, I'd need to see him walk. | 我得看它走路才知道 |
Dealt with many horses before? | 你之前医治过很多马吗 |
Yes, lots. At veterinary college. | 嗯很多在兽医学院 |
What about in the real world? | 现实生活里呢 |
This'll be my first. | 这是头一回 |
Hold your coat for you? | 要我帮你拿着外套吗 |
From the way he's holding his head, | 从他扶马头的姿势来看 |
I'd say it was the offside fore. | 应该是右前蹄 |
Good. | 很好 |
Right, let's have a look at this hoof. | 好吧来看看这只马蹄 |
I'm sorry, young man, I ought to have told you, | 抱歉年轻人我忘了告诉你 |
it's a very friendly horse. | 这匹马很"友善" |
He always likes to shake hands. | 它可喜欢和人握手了 |
No, no, I'd like to continue. | 不用请让我继续 |
Easy, boy. Easy. | 悠着点小家伙 |
Steady down, boy. Steady down. | 平静下来小家伙平静下来 |
That's it. You carry on, young man. | 好了你继续吧年轻人 |
Knife, please. | 请给我刀 |
Thanks. | 谢谢 |
Looks like pus in the foot. Ah. Easy! | 好像是起脓包了放松 |
Got it! | 好了 |
Wait. | 等下 |
Now to disinfect the wound. | 还要给伤口消毒 |
A touch of iodine. | 几滴碘液 |
A dash of turpentine. | 少许松节油 |
By God, Mr Farnon! | 天啊法南先生 |
It's wonderful what science can do these days. | 如今的科学也太神奇了吧 |
- What shall we say to that, ten bob? - Aye. Aye. | -怎么算钱十先令吗-好吧 |
Let's go back a different way. | 我们回去走另外一条路 |
Over the Brenkstone Pass and down Sildale. | 穿过布伦克斯通山口走希尔谷 |
I'd like you to see it. | 我想带你看看 |
I've never used iodine in that way before. | 我从没那样用过碘液 |
- Is it a new remedy? - Oh, it has no practical purpose whatsoever, | -那是新疗法吗-其实根本没有实际功效 |
but it never fails to impress. | 但是每次都能唬住人 |
Makes them feel they're getting their money's worth. | 让他们觉得钱花得值 |
Time to earn your wings. | 证明自己能力的时候到了 |
I didn't expect it to be so beautiful. | 我没想到这里会这么美 |
One of the wildest spots in England. | 这里是英格兰最荒凉的地区之一 |
It's a fearsome place in winter, I tell you. | 告诉你冬天时这个地方很可怕 |
It's marvellous. | 太惊人了 |
You won't be saying that when the snow's 8ft deep. | 等雪积到两米多厚时你就不会这么说了 |
I've known this pass to be blocked for weeks on end. | 这条路曾经被大雪封了好几周 |
I'll be sure to keep a shovel with me. | 我会记得随身带把铲子 |
That's Hodden Hill ahead. | 前面是霍登山 |
You need to keep your speed up | 你得加点速 |
or you won't make it up the other side. | 否则翻不过去 |
The brakes don't work! | 刹车失灵了 |
That happens from time to time. | 有时候会这样 |
They're consistently inconsistent. | 刹车一直时好时坏 |
How am I supposed to slow down?! | 那我该怎么减速 |
Why would you want to? | 为什么要减速 |
We want to go faster, Herriot, not slower. | 我们要开快点才对哈利而不是减速 |
Faster! | 再快点 |
Have faith in yourself. Keep your foot on it. | 相信自己别松开油门 |
I can't! | 我做不到 |
Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
Shall I get out and push? | 要我下去推车吗 |
Oh, you're back. | 你们回来了 |
- Good day? - Not over yet. | -今天顺利吗-还没过完呢 |
He was lying on the ground, covered in muck, and I says to him, | 他当时躺在地上浑身是泥我对他说 |
"He always likes to shake hands." | "它可喜欢和人握手了" |
Farnon. | 法南 |
How do, Mr Farnon? | 你好吗法南先生 |
Evening, Nick. | 晚上好尼克 |
Two ales, please, Joe. | 请给我两杯淡啤酒乔 |
You found your way all right, then, lad? | 看来你后来找到路了小伙子 |
I did, thank you. | 是的谢谢 |
Here, Farnon. | 给你法南 |
Lady of the house wants to know | 我老婆问 |
what's to do with this cat of hers. | 她的猫怎么样了 |
Ask her to come into surgery tomorrow to pick him up. | 让她明天来诊所接猫 |
Oh, and I've got a sow I wanted to talk to you about. | 我想跟你咨询一下我家母猪的事 |
Yes, yes, Henry, just give me a moment to wet my whistle. | 好的好的亨利让我先润润嗓子 |
Your very good health. | 身体健康干杯 |
Now, about this sow of mine, | 我家的那头母猪 |
seven piglets, all good an' healthy | 生了7只小猪都很健康 |
but runt of the litter, he's not getting a look in, poor sod. | 但最瘦小的那只吃不上奶真可怜 |
Ah, well, now, that's a very common problem. | 这种问题很常见 |
And one which will have to wait. | 只能耐心等待 |
If I allow them to think I'm at their beck and call, | 如果他们觉得我随叫随到 |
I'll never stop. | 我就闲不下来了 |
'Ere, Farnon, got Heifer going on three cylinders - | 法南我家小母牛有个奶头堵塞了 |
wants seeing to. | 需要你去看看 |
Yes, Mr Handshaw, I'll be up first thing tomorrow morning. | 好的汉肖先生我明天一早就去 |
No matter, then, I'll go see George Pandhi. | 那算了我去找乔治·潘迪吧 |
He's always happy to come out, see us animals. | 他什么时候都愿意出诊 |
Well, that's certainly your prerogative. | 你当然可以找其他人 |
- He's a perfectly adequate substitute. - Yeah. | -他是个很称职的兽医-是啊 |
- Hold on, Dennis. - Here. | -等等丹尼斯-喂 |
What about my pigs? | 我的猪怎么办 |
perhaps you could direct your questions to my new assistant. | 或许你可以问我的新助手 |
Your assistant? You mean I've got the job? | 你的助手你意思是我被录取了吗 |
How does four quid a week and full board sound? | 每周4镑包食宿怎么样 |
It sounds great. I mean, thank you. | 太好了谢谢 |
- Trial period only, mind you. - Of course. | -提醒你一下只是试用期-当然 |
These gentlemen'll look after you. | 他们会关照你的 |
You all right finding your own way home? | 你自己能找到回去的路吧 |
Good. | 很好 |
Now, let's us have us another, | 我们再喝一杯 |
then we'll get to this pig of mine. | 然后就来聊猪的事 |
They got your brew on tonight, haven't they, Sharpe? | 今天有供应你自酿的酒对吧沙普 |
Oh, aye, puts hairs on your chest, if you're up to it. | 是的酒劲很大如果你想喝的话 |
Not like that gnat's piss. | 跟那种没酒味的可不一样 |
I shouldn't, really, I want a clear head tomorrow. | 我真的不能喝我明天想保持头脑清醒 |
Probably for the best, it's a drink for Yorkshiremen, in't it? | 也许这样最好这种酒是给约克人喝的对吧 |
Aye. Aye. Not for city folk. | 没错城里人可喝不了 |
Where's the harm in one? | 喝一杯应该没事吧 |
Mr Herriot, what on Earth are you doing? | 哈利先生你在干什么 |
Feeding the cats. | 喂猫 |
I got the job. | 我被录取了 |
- How much did you have? - Only two. | -你喝了多少-就两杯 |
Mr. Sharpe was kind enough to let me sample his home brew. | 沙普先生好心地让我品尝了他自酿的啤酒 |
On your feet. | 站起来 |
If Mr. Farnon wakes up | 要是法南先生醒来 |
and catches you in this state, you'll be out on your ear. | 瞧见你这幅德行你会被赶出去的 |
Now, put them back, quickly. | 赶紧把它们关回笼子里 |
No sign of Rip Van Winkle? | 我们的睡美人还没醒吗 |
I expect he's tired from all that travelling yesterday. | 昨天旅途劳顿他一定累坏了 |
Morning, Mrs. Hall, Mr. Farnon. | 早上好霍尔太太法南先生 |
- Morning, James. I hope you slept comfortably. - Very much so. | -早上好吉米睡得还好吧-非常好 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
Stay long at the Drovers last night? | 昨晚在赶牛酒吧待了很久吗 |
Only for a couple. Get to know the locals, you know? | 只待了一会儿认识一下本地人 |
- And did you? - Did I what? | -那怎么样-什么怎么样 |
- Get to know them. - Who? | -认识他们了吗-认识谁 |
The locals. | 本地人 |
The locals? | 什么本地人 |
Oh, Yes, yes, I was. But I did, I think. | 是的是的我想是的 |
Sorry, what was the question? | 不好意思你问什么来着 |
Poor boy's barely woken up. | 这小可怜还没睡醒呢 |
Coffee? | 喝咖啡吗 |
I don't usually actually take... | 其实我平常不喝... |
- Something the matter? - No, er, no. | -有什么问题吗-没没有 |
It looks... There's just so much of it. | 看起来...实在是太丰盛了 |
It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. | 我们要战胜的不是高山而是自己 |
- What's this about Henry's pig? - Henry's...? | -亨利的猪怎么了-亨利是... |
Mr. Dinsdale. | 就是丁斯代尔先生 |
- You spoke with him last night. - Ah, yes. Yes. | -昨晚你跟他聊过-对是的 |
He...he has a pig that...well, | 他有一头猪 |
it's a...it's a little confusing, actually, | 其实情况有点复杂 |
he had a pig that was... | 他之前有一头猪... |
Really, James, these people are our valued customers, | 说真的吉米这些人是我们重要的客户 |
- if you can't remember... - Perhaps the inquisition can wait | -如果你记不住...-要不等会再问吧 |
- until after Mr. Herriot's finished his breakfast. - The runt. | -让哈利先生吃完早餐-那只最瘦小的幼崽 |
I advised him to remove the others | 我建议他抱走其它幼崽 |
to give the little one a chance. | 给小家伙一个机会 |
And if that didn't work, | 如果没有效果 |
then bottle feeding would be the only way. | 那就只能用奶瓶喂养了 |
Well, we best be getting on. We've got a full list. | 我们最好快点今天排得满满当当的 |
Got to see the Aldersons, calf trouble. | 得去奥德森家小牛出事了 |
Just try and make it through the day. | 努力熬过这一天 |
What on earth are you doing? You're missing the turning. | 你在搞什么你错过路口了 |
You said you were going to tell me when it was coming up! | 你说你会提前告诉我的 |
- I just did. Weren't you listening? - But... | -我刚说了你没听见吗-但是... |
Yes, Mr. Farnon. Sorry. | 是的法南先生对不起 |
There. | 那边 |
Just enjoying the view. | 我被风景迷住了 |
See if you can find Alderson. I'll follow. | 你去找奥德森我马上来 |
Hello? | 有人吗 |
Hello? | 有人吗 |
Mr. Alderson? | 奥德森先生 |
Mr. Alderson? | 奥德森先生 |
Oh, God. | 天啊 |
Good boy. | 好孩子 |
Good lad. | 好小伙 |
Oh, bugger this. | 该死的 |
Go on, get. | 快走开 |
Hold this one for me. | 帮我抱一下 |
Thanks. | 谢了 |
Come here, you. | 你给我过来 |
Come here. | 过来 |
That's it. | 这就对了 |
Thanks. | 谢了 |
Just don't look him in the eye. | 别跟它对视就行 |
That's them sorted. | 都处理好了 |
Sorry about Clive, he's a miserable devil at the best of times. | 别在意克莱夫它脾气好的时候都惹人讨厌 |
Who's Clive? | 克莱夫是谁 |
This one. | 就是它 |
Need a hand down? | 要我扶你下来吗 |
No, I can manage. | 不用我能行 |
- I'm Helen. - Herriot, James Herriot. | -我是海伦-我是哈利吉米·哈利 |
Mr. Farnon's new assistant. | 法南先生的新助手 |
Another one. | 又来一个 |
Calf's in the top field. | 小牛在上面的牧场 |
Jenny. Get yourself up to the house, your homework needs doing. | 珍妮回家去你还要做功课呢 |
I swear she's like a sheep dog, but with half the sense. | 她就像只牧羊犬可远没有牧羊犬听话 |
MY mother used to despair at my mucking about with animals. | 我妈妈以前也常嫌弃我爱和动物混在一起 |
Still does. | 现在还是 |
She's my sister. | 她是我妹妹 |
How old is she now? | 她现在多大了 |
12. I swear I've aged two for every one of hers. | 12岁她每长一岁我都操心得像老了两岁 |
Oh, I'm sure she'll appreciate | 我相信她长大一些 |
everything you've done when she's older. | 就会懂得感激你的付出 |
We can live in hope, can't we, Siegfried? | 人总要怀抱希望对吧西格弗德 |
Your father faring well? | 你爸爸还好吗 |
He never stops. Much as I want him to. | 他停不下来虽然我希望他可以歇歇 |
That's good. Keep hold of her neck, please? | 很好麻烦你继续抱住它的脖子 |
Good girl, there, settle down. | 乖啊别紧张 |
He's here to look after you. | 他是来照料你的 |
Clean fracture of the metacarpal bone, | 掌骨骨折了 |
but there's very little displacement. | 但幸好移位不严重 |
And what do you suggest we do about it? | 你建议我们怎么处理 |
- It should do well with a plaster cast...I think. - You think? | -我觉得打石膏应该就可以了-你觉得 |
- No, I know. - You're not going to use a splint? | -不我确定-你不打算用夹板吗 |
The plaster cast should be sufficient to hold it in alignment. | 石膏应该就足以让骨头对齐了 |
- Should? - It will be. | -应该-是一定能 |
Very good. Carry on. | 很好继续吧 |
Don't worry, we're here now. | 别担心我们来了 |
We're going to look after her. | 我们会照料它的 |
Other leg. | 是另一条腿 |
I'll be back to see you soon... to see the calf. | 我回头再来看你...是看牛犊 |
To remove the cast from its leg. | 把石膏取下来 |
In a couple of months. Weeks. | 再过一两个月吧是周 |
I better go. It was nice meeting you. | 我得走了幸会 |
You too. Wait. James. | 幸会等等吉米 |
Siegfried's bark really is worse than his bite. | 西格弗德就是刀子嘴豆腐心 |
He's been very kind to us. | 他对我们都很好 |
Underneath it all, he's a good man. | 其实他很善良 |
Stand up to him. | 该反抗就反抗 |
He'll love you for it. | 他会喜欢你那样的 |
Chop chop. | 快点 |
Mrs Dinsdale? - Yes. | -丁斯代尔太太吗-对 |
Here for Jaspar? | 来领贾斯帕的对吗 |
If you'd like to wait in here, I'll fetch your cat. | 请你到这边等一下我去把猫抱过来 |
Could you grab Leo for me while you're at it? | 你顺便帮我把利奥也带过来吧 |
Ok, Leo. | 好的利奥 |
And... Jaspar. | 还有贾斯帕 |
Ah, Herriot. Thank you. | 哈利谢谢 |
- What's the operation? - Oh, a simple castration. Nothing major. | -要做什么手术-就是绝个育小意思 |
What's that, then? | 这是什么 |
Jaspar. Your cat. | 贾斯帕你的猫啊 |
No, it isn't. | 不它不是 |
Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
You think I wouldn't know me own cat? | 你觉得我会认错自己的猫吗 |
Sorry, Mrs Hall, would you mind? | 不好意思霍尔太太你能过来一下吗 |
- James? - It's the wrong cat. I don't understand, | -吉米-猫不对我不明白 |
it said "Jaspar" on the cage. I know it did, so how can it be? | 笼子上写着"贾斯帕"我肯定怎么回事 |
Maybe because you came home soused last night. | 也许是因为你昨晚醉醺醺地回家 |
I put them back in the wrong cages. | 我把它们放错笼子了 |
Please don't say anything. | 请别声张 |
Darrowby 2-2-9-7? | 达罗比2297 |
I'll have someone call you later today. | 等下我会叫人联系你 |
Apologies for the delay, Mrs Dinsdale. | 让你久等了丁斯代尔太太 |
Now, the good news, Jaspar's mange has cleared up, | 好消息是贾斯帕的疥癣都治好了 |
and you can take him home today. | 你今天就可以带它回家 |
Bad news, it'll be a half a crown. | 坏消息是要收半克朗 |
That's not my cat neither. | 这只也不是我的猫 |
- You're sure? - Am I sure?! | -你确定吗-我确定吗 |
It's the wrong colour, for starters. | 首先颜色就不对 |
And what would be the right colour? | 那应该是什么颜色的 |
- He's a ginger. - Oh, God. | -它是橘猫-我的天 |
- Sorry. - James, slow down, take a deep breath. | -真抱歉-吉米别急深呼吸 |
Stop, that's the wrong cat. | 停猫搞错了 |
- What you talking about? This is the cat you gave me. - It's Jaspar. | -你什么意思猫是你给我的-这是贾斯帕 |
- I asked for Leo. - I thought he was. | -我要的是利奥-我以为它就是 |
My cat! | 我的猫 |
You've killed him. | 你杀死了它 |
- He's not dead. - Merely chloroformed. | -它没死-只是被氯仿迷晕了 |
Mrs Dinsdale, perhaps you could wait in the hall. | 丁斯代尔太太你可以在大厅等着 |
You've drugged him. My baby. You've drugged my cat! | 你给它下了药我的宝贝你给我的猫下了药 |
For the love of God, | 老天啊 |
would someone tell me what the hell is going on?! | 有谁能告诉我这到底是怎么回事 |
- It was my fault. - It's was more than likely, I should say. | -是我的错-很有可能 |
It was just a simple administrative error. | 只不过是一个管理错误 |
I put them back in the wrong cages. | 我把它们放回去的时候放错笼子了 |
Really, Herriot? | 认真的吗哈利 |
How could you make such a fundamental mistake? | 你怎么能犯这么低级的错误 |
Because he was bloody pie-eyed, I shouldn't imagine. | 大概是因为他当时喝得烂醉 |
Well, that's how my Henry tells it. | 我家亨利是这么说的 |
What? You were drunk? | 什么你喝醉了 |
Looks like it's me and you in the doghouse, Jess. | 看来我和你一样丢人了[睡狗屋]杰茜 |
What's wrong? Why can't I have that? | 怎么了为什么不行 |
Because it's not one word and it's spelt differently. | 因为那不是一个词拼写也不一样 |
Yes, yes, apart from that. | 对除此以外没问题啊 |
You know, he were only feeding the cats | 他当时去喂猫 |
because he wanted to do a good job. | 是因为他想好好干 |
It was a silly mistake. | 他只是犯了个愚蠢的错误 |
These people trust us with their animals. | 那些人把动物托付给我们 |
For the farmers, it's their livelihood. | 动物就是农民的生计 |
I can't afford a repeat of what happened today. | 不能再出今天这种事了 |
So you propose to keep running this place by yourself? | 你是想一个人经营这里吗 |
I've managed perfectly well on my own so far. | 靠我自己到目前为止都很顺利 |
You weren't always on your own. | 你并非一直都是靠自己 |
Even if that's what you've got used to. | 就算现在你习惯了一个人 |
Are you going to take your turn? | 轮到你了你拼不拼 |
It's wearing you down. | 诊所消磨着你 |
Well, that's my business, isn't it? | 那也不关别人的事 |
And what about the people who care about you? | 那关心你的人怎么办 |
Are we playing this blasted game or not? | 我们还玩不玩了 |
You never stop. You're always on the go. | 你永远不停歇你永远在奔波 |
You'll run yourself into an early grave. | 你会因过度劳累而早逝的 |
I think I've got a few good years | 我觉得离我退休养老 |
before they put me out to pasture. | 还有好几年呢 |
One mistake. | 就一个错误而已 |
He's a good boy, | 他是个好孩子 |
taking his first steps in the working world. | 刚刚迈出参加工作的第一步 |
You must remember what that were like, how hard it was? | 你肯定记得你刚工作时的情景吧当时有多难 |
It's just someone else for me to worry about. | 只会又多了个让我操心的人 |
You can't say I haven't tried. | 我又不是没努力过 |
What is he - the fifth? The sixth? | 他是第五个还是第六个来着 |
You never gave any of them a fair crack of the whip. | 你从来没给过他们公平的机会 |
In fact, I might even go | 我甚至可以说 |
so far as to suggest you spiked his guns. | 你是故意给他使绊子 |
I have no idea what you're talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
You led a horse to water, | 你把马牵去水边 |
knowing full well Sharpe and Dinsdale | 心里很清楚沙普和丁斯代尔 |
would see he drank it. | 一定会逼它喝水 |
That's an absurd suggestion. | 太荒唐了 |
I know you're the patron saint of lost causes but, really... | 我知道你总是护着失败的人帮他们说话但是... |
And what exactly is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
That you care about people who... | 你关心的人 |
who sometimes don't deserve it. | 有时候不值得你的关心 |
Oh, on that we must agree. | 你说得没错 |
- He's a good lad. - I don't doubt it. | -他是个好孩子-这点我不怀疑 |
But I'm afraid he still has to go. | 但他依然得离开 |
I'm having trouble with t'calf, | 我家母牛生牛犊时难产了 |
can someone come and help us? | 能来帮帮我们吗 |
We'll get someone up to your farm right away. | 我们马上派人去你的农场 |
Thanks so much. | 太感谢了 |
Dick Rudd's having trouble with the calf. | 迪克·拉德的母牛难产了 |
I better wake Mr Farnon. | 我得叫醒法南先生 |
Don't. I'll go. | 别我去吧 |
I can do it. | 我能行 |
Mrs Hall, please. | 霍尔太太求你了 |
All right. | 好吧 |
I put it up for luck when Mr Farnon goes out. | 法南先生出诊时我就把它摆到上面祈求好运 |
Thank you. | 谢谢 |
She's in here. | 母牛在这儿 |
Don't worry. | 别担心 |
He'll soon be here. | 他马上就到 |
You let me know if I can get you some more light. | 如果需要再亮一点你跟我说 |
This will do just fine, thank you, Mr Rudd. | 这样就够了谢谢拉德先生 |
I don't suppose she has a name? | 它有名字吗 |
- Not as such. - He calls them all Missus. | -不算有-他管它们都叫老婆 |
Spends more time talking with them than he does with me. | 他对着它们说话的时间比对我还多 |
A better quality of conversation. | 这种交谈质量更高 |
- They don't say owt. - Aye. | -因为动物不会说话-是啊 |
All right, there, Missus? | 好了老婆 |
It's all right, we're here to look after you. | 没事的有我们照顾你 |
We're going to get that baby of yours out. | 我们会帮你接生 |
How long has she been pushing? | 它用力生产多久了 |
Five hour, thereabouts. | 差不多五小时 |
Easy. Take it easy. You're all right. | 放松放松点你没事的 |
The head's caught in the pelvis, | 头部卡在骨盆了 |
I can't bring it around to get it out. | 我没法把它拉出来 |
Are you all right there? | 你还好吗 |
She's having a contraction. | 她正在宫缩 |
It's no good. It's no good. | 没用这样没用 |
It's not coming around. | 牛犊转不过来 |
Is that it, then? | 没办法了吗 |
Are they...are they both done for? | 是不是...母子都没希望了 |
No, no, we keep trying. | 不不我们继续尝试 |
Good morning, good morning. | 早上好早上好 |
Mrs Hall? | 霍尔太太 |
This is going on too long. | 分娩时间太长了 |
I could fetch Farnon. | 我可以找法南过来 |
He wouldn't make it in time. | 他会赶不及 |
Look, I don't want her to suffer. | 听着我不希望它受苦 |
If it comes to it, you do what you've got to do. | 如果真到了那一步你就做你必须做的 |
Oh. Oh, my goodness, is James back? | 天呐是吉米回来了吗 |
How do you mean? Back from where? | 什么意思他去哪儿了 |
There's one last thing we can try. | 还有一个办法可以试试 |
I'll try to hook it around the jaw | 我用这个套住牛犊嘴部 |
and pull it around that way. | 把它转个方向拉出来 |
I can't quite... | 我够不... |
Nearly. I can't get it. | 就差一点我够不到 |
We'll try one more time. | 再试一次 |
Got it! I hooked the jaw. | 成功了我套住它嘴部了 |
Take the rope. | 你拿着绳子 |
Keep a gentle tension. | 稍用力拉紧 |
That's it. | 就是这样 |
Gently now. | 轻点 |
Gently. | 轻点 |
It's coming! | 要出来了 |
I think I've got it! | 我应该能拉出来 |
I think I've got it. | 我应该可以 |
Must've seen it a thousand times. Never gets old. | 这种画面我看过无数次了永远不会腻 |
Herriot. What the devil do you think you're playing at? | 哈利你在胡闹什么 |
He's done good, Mr Farnon. | 他做得很好法南先生 |
One healthy girl in there. | 里面有一头健康的小母牛 |
I never gave you permission to go out on your own. | 我没允许你单独出诊 |
I'm sorry. | 很抱歉 |
But it turned out well. | 但结果还算圆满 |
You were lucky. | 你只是走运罢了 |
There was nothing lucky about it. | 这跟运气一点关系都没有 |
I worked damned hard getting that calf out. | 我拼了命才把那头小牛接生出来 |
Yes, you seemed to have made quite the meal of it? | 没错你效率是挺低的 |
How long were you in there? Five hours? | 你在里面待了多久五小时吗 |
Has anyone told you how insufferable you are? | 有人告诉过你你很讨厌吗 |
Not to my face, no. | 没当着我的面说 |
Thank you, Mrs Rudd. | 谢谢你拉德太太 |
How much sleep did you get, James? Hour? Hour and a half? | 你昨晚睡了多久吉米一小时一个半小时 |
None. | 没合过眼 |
Better get used to it. | 最好快点习惯 |
Thank you, Mr Farnon. You won't regret it. | 谢谢你法南先生你不会后悔的 |
Siegfried, please. | 叫我西格弗德吧 |
Mr Farnon was my father. | 我父亲才叫法南先生 |
Don't brake, don't...brake. | 别刹车别刹车 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“万物生灵”