倾听世界!

1. - I asked them to take me to the ends of the Earth. 

我让他们带我去世界的尽头

- And they said, "Oh, we can go further than that." 

他们说“我们能去更远的地方”

2. The loudest sound ever recorded was made by a volcano. But the loud sound that this volcano makes is completely silent.

有史以来最大的声音是由一座火山发出的,但是这座火山发出的巨大声响确实静寂无声的

- Someone bigger than us. It's like, um, God to us. So, it's bigger. 

比我们更大的人,就像上帝比我们更大一样。所以,它更大。

亚苏尔火山是地球上最活跃的火山之一

3. Part ot you dies, a part of you is reborn.

你身体的一部分死去了,一部分因此重生了。

- Do you have any emotion around... not being able to see it? 

无法看到这个景象会不会让产生什么情绪?

- When I went blind, there was a time where you sort of regret and stuff like that, but... eventually, I think I learned that you gotta sort of say goodbye to that sighted life. And kinda take on a new life and, you know, Part ot you dies, a part of you is reborn.

我失明以后,曾经有一段时间感觉遗憾,以及诸如此类的情绪。但是,最后,我想我认识到自己应该告别失明前的生活,然后接受一种新的生活。你身体的一部分死去了,一部分因此重生了。

feel it, not just see it.

Erik Weihenmayer( 埃里克·韦亨麦尔),美国盲人登山家。

出生的时候得了一种罕见的叫做“retinoschisis”(视网膜裂)的眼疾,之后状况逐渐恶化,并发展为青光眼。他的父亲Ed Weihenmayer——一位越战退伍军人——鼓励他去积极挑战盲人所不能做的事情。Erik Weihenmayer少年的时候经常和兄弟野营,这成为了他日后从事高山攀登探险的种子。Erik Weihenmayer在学习如何进出校园的同时,也在努力着依靠自己的力量在户外活动。

2001年5月24日,从尼泊尔一侧、沿南坡传统线路,Erik Weihenmayer成功地站在了珠穆朗玛峰的最高点,成为第一个登顶珠峰的盲人。

“你不是去征服山,”Erik说,“你致力于攀登,在山打盹的时候悄悄接近她。如果你不能遵守规则,你将垮掉。我喜欢那种成为大自然一部分的感受,而不是与她分离。”

Everest:

the highest mountain on earth, situated on the border between Nepal and Tibet in the west of China

埃佛勒斯峰(即珠穆朗玛峰)

4. - Close your eyes. What do you hear? 

闭上眼睛,你听到什么?

- So, it's really similar to the ocean. It's like waves crashing. 

所以这声音跟大海的声音非常相似,就好像波浪拍击,潮涌潮退,还有......

- Yeah. Totally. 

对 没错

5. The noise is so powerful...you can feel it pulse right through you. 

这些声音如此强大,你可以感觉到它震动并穿过你的身体

6. You don't just pick up sound with these (ears). You can also pick it up here. 

你不是单单用这个(耳朵)听到声音,你还可以用这里听到

7. But the beauty of hearing is that you can hear things that no eye could see.

但是听觉美好的地方在于,你可以听到眼睛看不到的东西。

You can hear behind you, uh, just as well as in front of you.

眼前和身后的事你都能听得很清楚

So, yeah, there's all kinds of things that I can see with my ears that you may not be able to see with your eyes.

我的耳朵能看到各种各样你的眼睛所看不到的东西

8. With a sighted person, their visual cortex lights up when they're seeing motion.

对拥有视力的人来说,当他们看到物体运动时,他们的视觉皮层会亮起来。

For me, my visual cortex lights up when I'm hearing motion.

对我来说,当我听到物体运动时,我的视觉皮层会亮起来

I create a picture in my mind. So I still see, but it's all based on sound.

我在脑海里创造出一个画面,所以,我仍然看见,不过这些都基于声音。

9. Sight is just a sliver of reality. And so, in a way, maybe I'm helping him to really experience the full spectrum of living.

视觉只是现实的一小部分,所以,从某种角度看,也许我正在帮助他真正体验活着的全部内涵

10. Everything on Earth is making a sound. Each and everything.

It's a song we might not always be able to hear, but it's a song we can learn to feel.

Tune in to the Earth. Pick up its hidden rhythm. And learrn to dance along.

地球上的一切都在发出声音, 所有一切事物,这首歌我们也许不能总是听到,但是我们可以学会感受这首歌。倾听地球,聆听它隐秘的节奏,并且随着它起舞。

11. I've changed how I listen, how to really listen, but that's just the begining.

我改变了我的听觉,改变了真正听到声音的方式

|创作:枫叶依蓝

|审校:Juliet

|排版:清酒

|总编:大风哥Wind

你可能感兴趣的:(倾听世界!)