2018-05-25富兰克林《道德完善计划》

富兰克林对道德的主要理解:

1.因为有德行的人才能事业成功、诸事顺利;有德行的人去服务公众、报效国家,才能保证公众福祉和国家利益不受损害,所以要注重个人道德品行。

2.理论上相信道德并不能制止错误的发生,唯有培养和建立好习惯,才能依靠正直稳固的行为举止来防范和杜绝错误。所以《高效能人士的七个习惯》作者史蒂芬·柯维认为自己的理论构建于富兰克林的基础上是很有道理的。 


《道德完善计划》13条

(1)Temperance: Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation. 

一、节制:食不过饱,饮不过量。 


(2)Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation. 

二、缄默:言则于人于己有益,不作鸡毛蒜皮的闲扯。 


(3)Order: Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time. 

三、条理:物归其位,做事之前制定时间表,按照计划,在相应的时间内完成应该做的事情。 


(4)Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve. 

四、决断:做事应该果断,不要拖泥带水,一旦决定就要付诸行动,还要坚持到底。 


(5)Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing. 

五、节俭:不要做无益的花销,杜绝不必要的浪费。 


(6)Industry: Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions. 

六、勤勉:不浪费时间,时时刻刻都要用于正经事,戒除一切不必要的行动。 


(7)Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly. 

七、诚恳:绝对不可以欺骗他人,考虑问题应公平公正,襟怀坦荡,发表观点时要有理有据,尊重事实。 


(8)Justice: Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty. 

八、正直:不做有损他人之事,不要放弃履行行善助人的义务,从而伤害他人。 


(9)Moderation: Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve. 

九、中庸:为人处事不要极端偏激,对待他人的一时发泄,应当加以宽容,不要斤斤计较、怀恨记仇。 


(10)Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation. 

十、清洁:仪表,身体、衣服和住所都应当力求清洁。 


(11)Tranquility: Be not distuibed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable. 

十一、沉着:不要因为琐事或者难以避免的不测而烦恼。 


(12)Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation. 

十二、贞节:切忌房事过度,以免伤害身体或有损自己或他人的安宁和名誉。 


(13)Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates. 

十三、谦虚:效法耶酥和苏格拉底。

你可能感兴趣的:(2018-05-25富兰克林《道德完善计划》)