烤南瓜盅

MAKES 2 VERY GENEROUS SERVINGS OR 4 MORE GENTEEL SERVINGS

两个人会吃撑,四个人吃嘛,就很优雅啦~

材料:

1pumpkin, about 3 pounds

一个南瓜,大约1.36千克

Salt and freshly ground pepper

盐和新鲜碾碎的黑胡椒

¼pound stale bread, thinly sliced and cut into ½-inch chunks

约110克的陈面包,切薄片后,切成1.2厘米的块

¼pound cheese, such as Gruyere,Emmenthal, cheddar, or a combination, cut into ½-inch chunks

约110克奶酪,选任意牌子均可,切成1.2厘米的块

2-4garlic cloves (to taste), split, germ removed, and coarsely chopped

2-4瓣儿蒜,粗切

4strips bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, and chopped (my addition)

4条培根,煎脆,弄干,切碎(可选择添加)

About ¼ cup snipped fresh chives or sliced scallions (my addition)

大约1/4杯新鲜剪短的香葱,或者切片均可(可选择添加)

1tablespoon minced fresh thyme (my addition)

1汤匙剁碎的百里香(可选择添加)

About ⅓ cup heavy cream

大约1/3杯奶油

Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg

一小撮磨碎的肉豆蔻

Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment, or find a Dutch oven with a diameter that's just a tiny bit larger than your pumpkin.

把烤架放在烤箱中央,预热烤箱到175摄氏度。在烤盘上铺上硅胶烤盘或者羊皮纸,或者找一个直径比南瓜稍大一些的荷兰烤盘。

Using a very sturdy knife—and caution—cut a cap out of the top of the pumpkin (think Halloween jack-o'-lantern). It's easiest to work your knife around the top of the pumpkin at a 45-degree angle. You want to cut off enough of the top to make it easy for you to work inside the pumpkin. Clear away the seeds and strings from the cap and from inside the pumpkin. Season the inside of the pumpkin generously with salt and pepper, and put it on the baking sheet .

用一把坚固的刀子,小心地给南瓜削出一顶帽子,想一下万圣节的南瓜灯吧,你就知道怎么做了。刀子倾斜45度会比较容易干成这事,你要切去足够的顶儿以便于你装馅儿。把南瓜帽子和南瓜里面的子儿都去掉。把盐和黑胡椒抹到南瓜内壁上,把它放在烤架上。

Toss the bread, cheese, garlic, bacon, and herbs together in a bowl. Season with pepper—you probably have enough salt from the bacon and cheese, but taste to be sure—and pack the mix into the pumpkin. The pumpkin should be well filled—you might have a little too much filling, or you might need to add to it. Stir the cream with the nutmeg and some salt and pepper and pour it into the pumpkin. Again, you might have too much or too little—you don't want the ingredients to swim in cream, but you do want them nicely moistened. (But it's hard to go wrong here.)

把面包、奶酪、蒜、培根、和香草都放在一个碗里,用胡椒调味,也许你还可以放点盐,但是培根和奶酪里面已经自带了,所以你可以尝尝决定要放多少。然后把这些料放入南瓜中。南瓜应该被很好地填充,你可能会有稍微多的填料,或者不够,那么你就要再弄一点儿。把肉豆蔻粉和奶油混合,再加上一些盐和黑胡椒,把它们倒入南瓜里面,嗯,你可能也会碰到多或者少的问题,你可不想让你的填料在奶油中游泳吧?你只想让你的填料均匀浸湿,不过这一步很少出错啦~

Put the cap in place and bake the pumpkin for about 2 hours—check after 90 minutes—or until everything inside the pumpkin is bubbling and the flesh of the pumpkin is tender enough to be pierced easily with the tip of a knife. Because the pumpkin will have exuded liquid, I like to remove the cap during the last 20 minutes or so, so that the liquid can bake away and the top of the stuffing can brown a little.

好啦,把南瓜帽子盖上,开始烤大约2小时,你得在90分钟后检查一下,或者你的填料在南瓜中冒泡,并且南瓜肉已经足够软了以至于你能用刀尖轻易地刺入。这个时候就ok了。因为南瓜本身也会流出一些液体,因为我喜欢在快熟之前的20分钟揭开盖子,这样的话那些液体就会被烘干了,而且填料上端会烘出一点儿棕色。

When the pumpkin is ready, carefully, very carefully—it's heavy, hot, and wobbly—bring it to the table or transfer it to a platter that you'll bring to the table.

当南瓜烤熟之后,你要非常非常小心,因为它挺重的,而且还烫,不稳定。然后把它带上桌或者转移到一个大浅盘里面。开吃吧~

你可能感兴趣的:(烤南瓜盅)