《玛丽和马克思》是一部2009年出品的澳大利亚粘土动画,由亚当·艾略特执导,是圣丹斯电影节的开幕大作。电影讲述了八岁的墨尔本女孩玛丽和四十四岁的纽约大叔马克思之间20多年友情的故事,同时也是导演的半自传式的影片,怪异却纯真。这部影片是我最爱的动画电影,没有之一,几年前看过,现在重温依然为片中的奇思妙想、经典台词而称赞,到感人的地方依然忍不住泪奔,另外,影片的配乐也很赞。第一篇影评献给它,希望能够让没有看过此片的人略微了解一下这部佳作。剧情就不做展开了,不想剧透、还是去看电影比较好,但更主要的原因是这是一部很丰富的电影,感觉自己也没有那个能力可以把它讲得清楚、完整。
经典台词:
People often confuse me but I try not tolet them worry me.
人们总会令我感到费解但我努力不让他们影响我。
New York is a very busy and noisy place.
纽约市非常的繁忙和喧嚣。
I would prefer to live somewhere muchquieter like the moon.
我很愿意搬去一个更安静的地方,比如月球。
I don't like crowds, bright lights, suddennoises or strong smells.
我不喜欢拥挤的人群,过强的光线,突兀的杂音和刺鼻的气味。
New York has all these especially thesmells.
而纽约每样都有,尤其是气味。
I often wear nose and ear plugs when I go outside.
我出去的时候经常会戴上鼻塞和耳塞。
It helps keep me calm.
那可以让我保持冷静。
I find humans interesting but I havetrouble understanding them.
我觉得人类很有意思,但我总是无法理解他们。
I think, however, I will understand andtrust you.
但是我想无论如何我都会理解和信任你。
People often think I am tactless and rude.
人们通常觉得我不修边幅而且粗鲁无礼。
I cannot understand how being honest canbe...improper.
我实在想不通为什么诚实也算...不合时宜。
Maybe this is why I don't have any friendsof course except for you.
也许这就是为什么我没有朋友,当然除你之外。
A real friend has been one of my threegoals in life.
有一个真正的朋友是我人生的三大目标之一。
The other two are to own every Noblet and alifetime supply of chocolate.
另外两个是集满所有的诺布偶,和拥有一辈子都吃不完的巧克力。
Dr Bernard Hazelhof says it is good to havegoals but not stupid ones like mine.
Bernard Hazelhof医生说有目标很好,但不要像我的那么愚蠢。
Romance and love was a mysterious languagehe'd given up on.
浪漫和爱情是一门他早已放弃的高深莫测的语言。
If only Mary had asked how a toaster works
如果Mary问他烤面包机是怎么工作的就好了。
or asked for an explanation of the Chaostheory.
或者,让他解释混沌宇宙论。
If only there was a mathematical equationfor love.
如果爱情像数学一样有方程式就好了。
Max sought Dr Hazelhof's advice.
Max听从了Hazelhof医生的建议。
He told Max that true friendship is seenthrough the heart, not through the eyes,
他告诉Max真正的友谊是通过内心洞悉到的,而不是眼睛,
and that it was time he wrote to Mary toreveal his true self, warts and all.
现在是时候他写信给Mary了,来展现出他最真实的一面,包括缺点。
Dr Bernard Hazelhof says my brain isdefective but one day there will be a cure for my disability.
Bernard Hazelhof医生说我的大脑有缺陷但我的残疾总有一天会被治愈的。
I do not like it when he says this.
我很不喜欢他这样说。
I do not feel disabled, defective or I needto be cured.
我不觉得我是残疾,有缺陷,或需要被治愈。
I like being an Aspie.
我喜欢当小亚。
It would be like trying to change thecolour of my eyes.
这与试图改变我眼睛的颜色别无它样。
There is one thing I wish I could change,however. I wish I could cry properly.
话虽如此,我还是想要改变一件事的。我希望我可以正常地哭。
I squeeze and squeeze but nothing...comesout.
无论我如何挤来挤去还是一无所获。
I cry when I cut onions but this does notcount.
我切洋葱的时候会哭,但这不算。
Although Max found solace in Mary, he stillfound the rest of the world bewildering.
虽然Max在Mary身上找到了安抚,他对其他人依然不知所措。
And he couldn't understand why he was seenas the odd one
而且他实在是想不通,为什么他是古怪的那一个,
while everyone else was considered normal.
而其他人都被认为是正常的。
Humans were endlessly illogical.
人类的不合理性是永无止境的。
Why did they throw out food when there werechildren starving in India?为什么在印度孩童忍饥挨饿的同时人们却要铺张浪费?
Why did they clear the rainforests whenthey needed the oxygen?
为什么在需要氧气的同时要砍伐热带雨林?
And why did they create bus timetables whenthey never ran on time?
为什么在创办列车时刻表的同时,车次永远都不准时?
He agreed with his favourite physicist that
他很认同他最喜欢的物理学家,那就是,
there are only two things infinite theuniverse and man's stupidity.
只有两样东西是永无止境的,浩瀚的宇宙和人类的愚蠢。
When I received your book, the emotionsinside my brain
当我收到你的书时,内心的感情
felt like they were in a tumble dryer,smashing into each other.
就像是在滚筒式干洗机里,互相撞击。
The hurt felt like when I accidentallystapled my lips together.疼痛感犹如我不小心把嘴唇钉在一起的那次。
The reason I forgive you is because you arenot perfect.
我原谅你的原因,是因为你不是完美的。
You are imperfect, and so am I.
你是有缺点的,我也是如此。
All humans are imperfect, even the manoutside my apartment who litters.人无完人,即便是我公寓门口,那个乱丢垃圾的男人。
When I was young, I wanted to be anybodybut myself.
我小的时候,想做除我之外的任何人。
Dr Bernard Hazelhof said if I was on adesert island,
Bernard Hazelhof医生说,如果我在荒芜一人的岛屿上,
then I would have to get used to my owncompany just me and the coconuts.
就一定得习惯由自己陪伴,只有我自己和椰子。
He said I would have to accept myself, mywarts and all,
他说我必须接受我自己,包括缺点,
and that we don't get to choose our warts.
我们没法选择自己的缺点。
They are a part of us and we have to livewith them.
它们是我们的一部分,我们必须接受。
We can, however, choose our friends and Iam glad I have chosen you.
但是,我们可以选择自己的朋友,而我很高兴我选择了你。
Dr Bernard Hazelhof also said thateveryone's lives are like a very long sidewalk.
Bernard Hazelhof医生还说,每个人的人生都像是一条冗长的小道。
Some are well paved.
有些铺垫得很完美。
Others, like mine, have cracks, bananaskins and cigarette butts.
有些,像我的,有垃圾,香蕉皮和烟头。
Your sidewalk is like mine but probably notas many cracks.
你的小道和我的一样,不过应该没有那么多垃圾。
Hopefully, one day our sidewalks will meetand we can share a can of condensed milk.
真希望,有朝一日我们的小道会相交,然后我们可以一起享用一罐炼乳。
You are my best friend. You are my only friend.
你是我最好的朋友。你是我唯一的朋友。
中英对照台词来自百度文库,但是复制黏贴调格式竟然花了不少的时间,非常感谢您能有耐心看到这里,接下来是我关于这部电影的一些想法。
一、关于孤独
不漂亮、缺少家人关爱、被小男孩欺负的玛丽是孤独的,容易焦虑、不会表达自己的情绪、患有亚斯伯格症的马克思是孤独的,我们每一个人也都是孤独的。在我小的时候,总觉得别人不理解我,很孤独,经常自己一个人看着天空发呆,想象自己生活在一个孤岛上。或许在某个带着露水的清晨,某个闲看云飘的下午,某个夜深人静的晚上,我们都会感叹自己的孤独。但是其实每个人都是孤独的,每个人并无不同,只是希望每个人都能找到真正的朋友,找到灵魂的伴侣,愿所有的孤独都有陪伴。
二、关于友情
真正的友情是通过内心感受到的,而不是通过眼睛看到的。朋友不是锦上添花,而是雪中送炭。希望你能够拥有一段纯粹的友情,有一个可以契合心灵的朋友,不被世俗所染,不为误会所伤。人生得一知己足矣,斯世当以同怀视之。
三、关于人
正如片中所说,人是很难理解的,创造规则,又不遵守规则。
所有和平常人不同的,都被认为是不正常的,遭到疏远和鄙视。
四、关于完美
每个人都是不完美的,所以要试着和自己的缺点和平共处,因为它们也是你的一部分;也要试着原谅别人,毕竟世界并不总是如你所愿。正如片中插曲《Que Sera Sera》或名《Whatever will be will be》所写“世事不可强求,顺其自然吧”。
网易云音乐《Whatever will be will be》